BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Riverdale | Season 4, October 10th 2019, Netflix
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
lewistgreen
post Sep 11 2019, 08:43 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 19,585

The madness continues on October 10th (the day before in the US)

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Aaron.
post Sep 11 2019, 09:36 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 3,245
   No Gallery Pics

After the Season 3 abortion I'll be taking a pass on this series. Once they wrap this show up I may go back and watch... But Season 3 was just awful.
Feel free to flag me down if this turns out to actually be good this season.

+Quote Post
Jay ☆
post Sep 12 2019, 05:58 AM
Post #3
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 3,217

Itís funny how much of a disconnect there is between critical reviews and audience reaction when it comes to Riverdale Season 3. The season is certified fresh with 84% on Rotten Tomatoes (and every episode was positively received). Whereas the audience score is 48% rotten... even that feels generous imo.

Season 3 was just extremely heavy going! The quality of the writing was all over the place, to say the least (barely anything that leaves the lips of these characters sounds like anything an actual human being would say, or how teens really interact with each other lol... Veronica in particular is dreadfully written). The Gargoyle King was definitely one of the most bizarre plots Iíve ever watched, but sadly not enjoyably so. Archieís boxing plot was incredibly boring, but hey, it was an excuse for him to be constantly shirtless. kink.gif I donít think the speakeasy set should ever have happened, it doesnít ring true and it seriously ages these characters that are meant to be 17. The Farm storyline took far, far too long to get going.

I definitely think a big reason why Riverdale doesnít work well is because itís stretched out over 22 episode seasons. Nothing in Season 3 was compelling enough to last that long. I feel like it could very easily have been condensed into 13 episodes... 16 at a push.

Itís funny, even the actors and actresses canít hide their bewilderment about their own show (and in Liliís case it seems to border on disdain laugh.gif )

Still, I kind of feel like... Iíve made it this far, so letís give Season 4 a go. drama.gif Iím probably a clown to be hopeful for much improvement. Iíd really appreciate Riverdale going back to its roots, return to being the melodramatic teen drama that was Season 1.

+Quote Post
Spiceboy
post Sep 16 2019, 11:52 AM
Post #4
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 39,568
   No Gallery Pics

Yeah I think I'll be giving this a pass I found Series 3 such hard work to watch ended up stopping watching for weeks then going back to it then stopping. The only decent thing was Archie being shirtless all the time wub.gif

+Quote Post
Call Me Cody
post Oct 10 2019, 03:14 AM
Post #5
i can be your baby tonight
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

First episode is a Luke Perry tribute </3

+Quote Post
lewistgreen
post Oct 10 2019, 06:17 AM
Post #6
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 19,585

Aw no cry.gif Iíll probably catch it over the weekend some time

+Quote Post
Calum
post Oct 10 2019, 07:34 AM
Post #7
i love it when you call me seŮorita
Member No.: 18,316

Really excited for this, and Iíll probably be crying at the Luke tribute. Although after that I assume weíll be back to the same old stuff kink.gif

+Quote Post
Call Me Cody
post Oct 10 2019, 07:41 AM
Post #8
i can be your baby tonight
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

I saw it a couple hours ago and this was one of the most refreshing episodes after the wave of absurdity that rushed through S2 and S3. It's v. reminiscent of Glee's tribute to Cory Monteith.

Also peep Shannen Doherty (aka Brenda from 90210!!!) guest starring to pay respects heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif

+Quote Post
Aaron.
post Oct 10 2019, 04:23 PM
Post #9
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 3,245
   No Gallery Pics

I thought they did a very good job with Luke's death. I honestly expected for them to make it into an arch on the show and I would have been highly disappointed, and I almost turned off when they started to go down the revenge route but they solved for that quickly.

Good job. I'll read this thread to understand the "theme" this year, but I'm not anticipating being impressed or tuning in. I just wanted to see how they'd handle Luke's death.

+Quote Post
Jay ☆
post Oct 15 2019, 12:56 AM
Post #10
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 3,217

Honestly the best episode in such a long time. heart.gif A very touching tribute to Luke.

I remain intrigued but cautious about where they'll go with this season though!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2019 - 06:36 PM