BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Ellie threatens to cancel NFL halftime performance, Over LGBTQ+ rights
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Brightest Blue
post 15th November 2019, 07:12 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 23,155

Ellie an LGBTQ+ icon!

Ellie Goulding is questioning whether she will still perform at an NFL halftime show on Thanksgiving because of the way its sponsor, the Salvation Army, supposedly treats the LGBTQ community.
In an Instagram post to a follower who brought the organization’s alleged policies to her attention, Goulding wrote, “Upon researching [the allegations], I have reached out to the Salvation Army and said that I would have no choice but to pull out unless they very quickly made a solid, committed pledge or donation to the LGBTQ community.”

Goulding was replying to a user who claimed the organization was “extremely homo/transphobic literally to the point of letting queer homeless people die.” The user has since walked back her claims somewhat, saying she was misinformed but stood by her claim of mistreatment of LGBTQ people.

Goulding’s reply to the user’s original post said, “I am a committed philanthropist as you probably know, and my heart has always been in helping the homeless, but supporting anti-LGBTQ charity is clearly not something I would ever intentionally do.”
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 15th November 2019, 07:20 PM
Post #2
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530

Good on her *.*
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post