BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Where will Leicester City finish? (the sequel)
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Where will Leicester City finish?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 10
Guests cannot vote 
Houdini
post Nov 26 2019, 05:08 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,725
   No Gallery Pics

Four years ago a poll was created here on Buzzjack at the half way point of the 2015/16 season asking people where they thought Leicester City would finish in the Premier League that season. At the time Leicester were at the top of the table and had only lost one match thanks mainly to Jamie Vardy's record goalscoring feats, Riyad Mahrez's and N'Golo Kante's influences on the pitch and their manager at the time Claudio Ranieri who amongst other things used pizza to inspire and motivate the players. Everyone knows how the story ended that historic season.

Four years on Leicester have started this season strongly and after 13 matches so far have actually got more points, more goals scored and fewer goals conceded now than they did after the same amount of matches in the 2015/16 season. The difference now is that they are 8 points behind a Liverpool team that have looked unstoppable so far.

Where do you think Leicester will finish this time around? can they keep the momentum going throughout the whole season?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
King Wencesrollo
post Nov 26 2019, 06:51 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 23,961
   No Gallery Pics

I put them down for 4th place. I think Manchester City and Chelsea will overtake them but they will hold on to a Champions League place.

+Quote Post
ChristmaSteve201
post Nov 26 2019, 07:04 PM
Post #3
Shakin Stevens
Member No.: 5,138
   No Gallery Pics

Ive said 2nd spot - if Liverpool are beaten to the league by Brendan Rodgers Leicester I will stop watching football.

+Quote Post
dobcember
post Nov 26 2019, 07:10 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 20,053
   No Gallery Pics

I wasn't so sure of their credentials initially but I'm going for 3rd now behind the obvious 2. Same nailed on starting XI every week (a huge precedent to their title winning campaign). Every one of their players bang on form. No European distractions. Pragmatic manager, and an incredibly kind schedule over the Christmas period. They'll be 20+ points ahead of fifth position come the season end.

+Quote Post
ChristmaSteve201
post Nov 26 2019, 11:41 PM
Post #5
Shakin Stevens
Member No.: 5,138
   No Gallery Pics

Fair play too - they have a great young side and Rodgers thrives in that situation!

+Quote Post
CaptainMackxmas
post Nov 26 2019, 11:58 PM
Post #6
It's the return of the Mack.
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,915
   No Gallery Pics

Not sure if they can keep up the momentum. I think they'll finish in seventh. But I hope I'm proved wrong.

+Quote Post
Rooney
post Nov 26 2019, 11:59 PM
Post #7
WINTER IS COMING
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 88

They will finish 4th. They already have a good points buffer and I can't see Spurs/Arsenal/Utd having the consistency needed to keep pace.

There is little chance of title talk. They're probably going to need to get 90 points minimum which I cannot see them achieving.

+Quote Post
bigwiglaf
post Dec 2 2019, 12:41 AM
Post #8
pop goes the world...
Member No.: 1,426
   No Gallery Pics

Even with their current 9-match win streak, which hasn't pressured Liverpool thus far, methinks Leicester will finish second.....that said, it wouldn't surprised me if they slipped to 6th spot by the end of the season...just my opinion...

+Quote Post
Wall
post Sunday, 11:22 PM
Post #9
🙄
Group: AF Inner Circle
Member No.: 10,643

Third.

Nine points ahead of Chelsea is still a massive amount and Chelsea are beginning to be found out too.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th December 2019 - 03:07 PM