BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> White House Farm. From 6th Jan. 2020 ITV1
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
crazy chris
post Dec 2 2019, 11:39 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 53
6 part Dramatisation of the infamous Jeremy Bamber case.

From Radio Times online.

On a night in August 1985, five members of the same family were murdered in an Essex farmhouse. The horrific killings, which included two six-year-old boys, are now set to be the subject of a factual drama on ITV which aims to provide “fascinating insight” into how the incident unfolded.

On the night of August 6th 1985, five people were gunned down and killed on White House Farm. The victims were all related, including parents Nevill and June Bamber, their adoptive daughter Sheila Caffell and her two sons, Daniel and Nicholas.

Police initially believed that Sheila, who suffered from schizophrenia, had committed the murders before killing herself. However, weeks later, her adoptive brother Jeremy Bamber was arrested in connection with the crime and was convicted of the murders in October 1986.

The jury’s verdict found that Bamber staged the scene to implicate Sheila and receive a large inheritance. He was given a life sentence with no possibility of parole, but he maintains his innocence to this day and his lawyers have made repeated attempts to have the case reviewed.

This post has been edited by Crazy Chris-tmas: Dec 2 2019, 11:46 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
crazy chris
post Dec 2 2019, 11:43 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Am actually surprised that there hasn't been a dramatisation of this before. I'm a bit uneasy about the verdict and wonder if the sister could have done it. There were very odd things about this case. Bamber claimed that he and a cop saw movement in the house when everyone was supposed to be dead.

+Quote this post
crazy chris
post Dec 3 2019, 12:02 AM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Just reading that his solicitors are asking for it to be referred to the Court Of Appeal. They claim to have unearthed new evidence on a scrap of police paper of a phone call he made to police from his own home at 3.37am. A call was first made from the Bamber farm at 3.26am and they say he couldn't have got home 3 miles away in 11 minutes to make the second call.

He was only convicted on a majority verdict of 10-2. Terrible if he has spent 33 years in jail and it was his sister after all.

This post has been edited by Crazy Chris-tmas: Dec 3 2019, 12:03 AM

+Quote this post
troublepink
post Dec 10 2019, 03:54 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Beautiful Trauma
User: 590
Looking forward to watching this, listened to a podcast about it a few months ago, very interesting case

+Quote this post
crazy chris
post Jan 4 2020, 10:25 AM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Wednesday ITV1 at 9pm.

+Quote this post
crazy chris
post Jan 15 2020, 11:35 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Anyone watching this?

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post Jan 30 2020, 11:51 AM
Post #7
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116
That Copper who Steven Graham is playing what a complete plonker!!

He’s playing the part well but I wanna punch him everytime he appears.

The actor playing Jeremy is fantastic though!

As if Harry’s ex played the sister too! She could’ve been Meghan Markle now! I knew I recognised her from somewhere then it clicked where I knew her from.

The only meh part of this is we only seen the family in episode 1. Like I’d have liked to have seen more of his relationships with the family or even see the family members in like flashback scenes or something. But it’s been a good watch.

+Quote this post
crazy chris
post Jan 30 2020, 02:40 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
He'd have got away with it if Julie Mugford hadn't gone to the police.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:22 PM