BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Dad faces jail over transgender and gay education
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
crazy chris
post Feb 4 2020, 09:20 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 53
The first parent to face prosecution for removing a child from primary school over LGBT+ inclusive lessons has said he “would go to jail for this”. Jabar Hussain, 51, removed his nine-year-old son from school last September following a row over the school’s LGBT+ inclusive curriculum.

Hussain has been told by Birmingham City Council that he faces a parenting order, a fine of up to £1,000 and a year in prison if he doesn’t ensure his son, Amin, regularly attends school. He told The Times: “If I have to go to court, I have to go to court. I would go to jail for this.”

In a legal letter to Birmingham council, Hussain said that the school “reinforces the message that it is ‘good’ to be transgender”. He also claimed – incorrectly – that being transgender is not a protected characteristic under the Equality Act 2010. Ahead of the rollout of compulsory sex and relationships education in September, Parkfield Primary School had introduced lessons based on a programme called No Outsiders.

No Outsiders uses around 30 picture books to teach children about relationships, a handful of which cover LGBT+ relationships – like the picture book ‘And Tango Makes Three’, the story of two gay male penguins raising a chick together.

Jabar Hussain has instructed lawyers to seek a judicial review over the issue if the council doesn’t back down, saying that the LGBT+ inclusive relationships lessons pose a “safeguarding risk” to his child and claiming the school’s relationships education is “incompatible” with his rights and Muslim faith. He previously said he does not want his son to be told “it is OK to be gay”, adding that No Outsiders was promoting homosexuality and “transgenderism”.

One of the picture books used by the No Outsiders programme, called ‘Introducing Teddy’, is about friendship and features a teddy who questions their gender identity.
“I know in my heart I’m a girl teddy, not a boy teddy,” the teddy says.

“The school teaches that some children are born in the wrong body,” said Hussain, adding that he was “deeply concerned” for his son’s psychological welfare and did not want him to be taught “things that go against my religion”.

“This can cause confusion. If my son gets confused about this and about his own body, he might think he is a girl. The school thinks this is OK and has to be accepted, even though transgender can mean medical treatment and surgery which could damage my son mentally and physically for life,” Hussain said.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
crazy chris
post Feb 4 2020, 09:24 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 53
It'll be interesting to see how this test case goes as if he wins it could open the floodgates for other kids being taken out of the now compulsory lessons.

+Quote this post
vidcapper
post Feb 5 2020, 05:54 AM
Post #3
Group icon
Paul Hyett
User: 364
A conflict between two protected minority groups - could be interesting... thinking.gif

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 04:17 PM