BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
> Personal Charts

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> ThePensmith's Top 20 Singles Chart, Week ending 28th February 2020
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
ThePensmith
post Mar 1 2020, 06:43 PM
Post #1
Group icon
They've had the very Tunnocks, Mary
User: 13,208
Hello everyone, time to bring you my personal top 20 singles of the week as always. Can Dua Lipa make it a month on top with 'Physical', or will she be challenged by new singles from Jax Jones and Call Me Loop? Here's your answer...

*N.B As of this week, the Flashback Chart feature will no longer appear on my weekly commentary, due to an increased work schedule from my end as of next week.

THEPENSMITH'S TOP 20 SINGLES CHART
Week ending 28th February 2020
© AM LIMITED 2020

1. (1) DUA LIPA - Physical
2. (2) NIALL HORAN - No Judgement
3. (3) JONAS BROTHERS - What A Man Gotta Do
4. (HNE) JAX JONES FEAT. MARTIN SOLVEIG & RAYE - Tequila
5. (7) JORDAN MACKAMPA - Magic
6. (4) MEEK MILL FEAT. JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE - Believe
7. (5) THE SHIRES - Independence Day
8. (6) JAMES BLUNT FEAT. WARD THOMAS - Halfway
9. (8) JP COOPER - In These Arms
10. (9) NERVO FEAT. PLASTIK FUNK & TIM MORRISON - Dare Me

11. (10) BECKY HILL FEAT. SHIFT K3Y - Better Off Without You
12. (NE) CALL ME LOOP - Downhill From Here
13. (NE) RUTHANNE - Cold Water

14. (11) ALOE BLACC - I Do
15. (12) SELENA GOMEZ - Rare
16. (13) MEGHAN TRAINOR - Blink
17. (14) THE SHIRES - Lightning Strikes
18. (15) SEAN PAUL FEAT. TOVE LO - Calling On Me
19. (17) LÉON - In A Stranger's Arms
20. (18) NO ROME FEAT. DIJON - Trust3000

Compiled from my own personal listening in the last seven days across streaming, digital and physical formats.

KEY

(1) - last week's position
(HNE) - highest new entry
(NE) - new entry
(RE) - re-entry

CHART COMMENTARY

Glad you could join us for what is probably going to be one of our shortest commentaries since Christmas. For Dua Lipa retains the biggest single in our chart once again, as 'Physical' becomes the first record this year to spend four weeks at the top of our chart - and indeed, the first since Mark Ronson and Camila Cabello's 'Find U Again' held pole position for a whole lunar cycle in August last year.

Much more about the single there is little to say, other than the fact that, with the success of both 'Physical' and 'Don't Start Now', all the signs are pointing to her forthcoming second album 'Future Nostalgia' - due to hit the shelves in April - being an even bigger success than her debut.

Highest new entry of the week - and the only new arrival to this week's top 10 - is at #4 for Jax Jones, who has teamed up with Martin Solveig and Raye for his new single 'Tequila'. It marks his highest charting single since 'You Don't Know Me' peaked at the same position almost three years ago to the date.

Call Me Loop's debut hit 'Self Love' was a fixture in our top 10 for much of late summer last year, getting as high as #4 in August. The follow-up, the somewhat unfortunately named 'Downhill From Here', finally surfaces this week and enters at #12.

Just one place below that is Irish songstress RuthAnne, back with her sixth top 20 hit 'Cold Water', but which fails to repeat the top 10 successes of her last two singles, 'Take What I Can Get' and 'The Vow', both of which made #6 in August and October last year.

This post has been edited by ThePensmith: Mar 1 2020, 08:54 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Sergej
post Mar 1 2020, 09:18 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,723
Hey ThePenSmith!
The top 3 looks great!
And I like the debut for "Tequila"!
Great chart!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:55 PM