BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Buzzjack Movie Awards 2018: The Results, finished lol :(
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
UltraBeKind
post Apr 3 2020, 01:12 AM
Post #1
Come morning light, you and I'll be safe and sound.
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 20,947

thanks to all the people that voted! we're gonna get straight into the results cos we got a lot to get through, hope u guys comment and enjoy!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
UltraBeKind
post Apr 3 2020, 01:14 AM
Post #2

WORST FILM

01. Fifty Shades Freed (4,0)
02. Downsizing (3,3)
03. Roman J. Israel, Esq (2,1)

and the iconic 50 shades franchise scores another win in this category. Next up is the horrible Downsizing, with Hong Chau being the only good part of that disaster and Roman deserved more votes here.

+Quote Post
UltraBeKind
post Apr 3 2020, 01:15 AM
Post #3

BIGGEST BOX OFFICE DISASTER

01. Solo: A Star Wars Story (4,2)
02. A Wrinkle In Time (2,2)
03. Mortal Engines (2,1)
04. Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindleward (1,2)
05. The Predator (0,0)

onto our final negative award.
two big Disney bombs lead here. Solo deserved SO much better sad.gif but crappy marketing and release date killed it. A Wrinkle in time also did horribly. Mortal Engines was my choice for the win here, that did disastrously and Peter Jackson's own WW1 documentary outgrossed it in America. does anyone even care about fantastic beasts anymore? and I low-key forgot Predator existed

+Quote Post
UltraBeKind
post Apr 3 2020, 01:17 AM
Post #4

BIGGEST BOX OFFICE SURPRISE

01. Crazy Rich Asians (4,1)
02. A Quiet Place (2,1)
02. Black Panther (2,1)

04. A Star Is Born (1,4)
05. The Meg (0,1)
05. Venom (0,1)

CRA gets a well deserved win here as it burst past box office expectations! <3 AQP and BP joint 2nd for more impressive runs. Everything here was a nice surprise at the box office.

+Quote Post
UltraBeKind
post Apr 3 2020, 01:19 AM
Post #5

BEST VISUAL EFFECTS

01. Avengers: Infinity War (4,1)
02. Annihilation (2,0)
03. Mary Poppins Returns (1,3)
04. Black Panther (1,2)
05. Bumblebee (1,0)
06. Aquaman (0,1)

and unlike the real life Oscars a few years before, the small Alex Garland film fails to beat the box office juggernaut it's up against. Another win for the Avengers franchise. Tbh all these films have quite good visuals but none really take my breath away or are amazing ngl.

+Quote Post
UltraBeKind
post Apr 3 2020, 01:23 AM
Post #6

MOST UNDERRATED FILM

01. Love, Simon (4,0)
02. Searching (1,3)
03. Game Night (1,2)
04. A Quiet Place (1,1)
05. A Simple Favour (1,1)
06. Disoedience (1,0)
07. Hereditary (0,1)

FFS buzzjack. plz learn the meaning of underrated ffs :/ cos here we go again in this category with another Buzzjack highly acclaimed film that did quite well at the box office and got good reviews winning here again. Though tbf its not the most eye-rolling nom here at least (how the f*** did A Quiet Place get in here?? I love it to death but underrated it's not). Hereditary is also borderline but I'd probs accept it here just haha, also it flopped here.

Anyway it's nice to see some acc underrated film that didn't get the attention they fully deserve make it here! Searching is a fab thriller, Game Night is an underrated comedy gem that would've been a box office smash a few years ago, A Simple Favour is one of my 2018 faves and even though I wasn't too massive on it, Disobedience is an inspired nom and features great performances.

this is the last award for rn so u flops better comment plz xxx

Win Count:
Avengers: Infinity War - 1 (Visual Effects)
Crazy Rich Asians - 1 (BO Surprise)
Fifty Shades Freed - 1 (Worst Film)
Love, Simon - 1 (Underrated)
Solo: A Star Wars Story - 1 (BO Disaster)

+Quote Post
J🐠hq
post Apr 3 2020, 10:05 AM
Post #7
you're such a violent thing
Member No.: 8,674

QUOTE(FUTURE NOSTALGIA @ Apr 3 2020, 02:23 AM) *
FFS buzzjack. plz learn the meaning of underrated ffs :/ cos here we go again in this category with another Buzzjack highly acclaimed film that did quite well at the box office and got good reviews winning here again. Though tbf its not the most eye-rolling nom here at least (how the f*** did A Quiet Place get in here?? I love it to death but underrated it's not). Hereditary is also borderline but I'd probs accept it here just haha, also it flopped here.

Yes but it didn't sweep the Oscars so by that regard, "Love, Simon" is still very underrated xx

Delighted with that top 3 for underrated, I loved them all and it's nice to see "Searching" and "Game Night" get some form of recognition!

+Quote Post
Jonjo
post Apr 3 2020, 11:35 AM
Post #8
(-_)
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 5,042

All deserving *.*

I only saw Downsizing of the 3 Worst Film nominees. But I can't begrudge a Fifty Shades victory in that category!
Infinity War effects are stunning <3 SO pleased about that win.
Love, Simon getting underrated isn't the worst option, but I don't think I would say it was "underrated". Although, I probably voted for it aha.

Lovely results so far! biggrin.gif

I'm sure it won't be long until there's one film I majorly disagree with winning an award like, for example, Boreditary winning anything other than for Toni Collett or someting.

+Quote Post
UltraBeKind
post Apr 4 2020, 12:32 AM
Post #9

BEST POSTER for a movie released in 2018

01. A Star Is Born (4,0)
02. A Quiet Place (3,1)
03. Coco (1,3)
03. Hereditary (1,3)

05. Mary Poppins Returns (0,1)

literally the only reason I feel I keep this category anymore is cos my fave film of the year always seems to win here x

+Quote Post
UltraBeKind
post Apr 4 2020, 12:35 AM
Post #10

BEST MOVIE COUPLE

01. Love Simon - Keiynan Lonsdale & Nick Robinson (6,1)
02. A Star Is Born - Bradley Cooper & Lady Gaga (3,3)
03. Crazy Rich Asians - Constance Wu & Henry Golding (1,3)
04. Ant Man & The Wasp - Evangeline Lily & Paul Rudd (0,1)
04. Avengers: Infinity War - Elizabeth Olsen & Paul Bettany (0,1)

lol might as well start with the other category that is now a messT x Yass at BradGa and Wu/Golding doing pretty well. Jesus wept at those two marvel couple nominations, low-key don't know which one is worst.

anyway this category was meant to be fave couple based on acting performances, which this year it was. However for 2019 we've had to divert this category to based on characters based on the nominations haha. so 2019 will v. likely be the last time this category occurs haha

+Quote Post
UltraBeKind
post Apr 4 2020, 12:37 AM
Post #11

BEST LOOK & STYLE

01. Crazy Rich Asians (5,0)
02. Black Panther (2,3)
03. Avengers: Infinity War (2,0)
04. The Shape of Water (1,2)
05. A Simple Favour (0,3)
06. Mary Poppins Returns (0,2)
07. A Star Is Born (0,1)

the rightful winner here has a mini-sweep and yasss at CRA being a multiple winner now! <3 the costumes and locations were SO beautiful. Black Panther is also fab visually and I'd have all of 4-6 above Avengers ngl, TSoW techs were amazing, ASF's rly took me by surprise how stylish it was and MPR was a visual delight. And as much as I adore it, ASIB is probs rightfully last here x the cinematography and locations are fab (and I personally love them cos I've been to most of them x) but yeah haha.

+Quote Post
UltraBeKind
post Apr 4 2020, 12:40 AM
Post #12

BEST HERO

01. Black Panther - Black Panther (4,1)
02. Avengers: Infinity War - Thor (2,1)
03. Deadpool 2 - Deadpool (1,3)
04. Avengers: Infinity War - Captain America (1,1)
05. Ant Man & The Wasp - Ant Man (1,0)
06. Avengers: Infinity War - Spider Man (0,1)

with a full line-up of just superheroes, I probs should've got Jonjo to do commentary for this x

Anyway yay at Black Panther winning def the best here. 2nd, 4th and 6th all go to the Avengers guys. icr Thor in IW but that's better than unfortunately remembering him in Endgame. CA was the best of the 3. I can't stand SM or Tom Holland in Infinity War so yay for that coming last x Or maybe not cos I hate Deadpool even more. And yes, there was an Ant-Man sequel x

+Quote Post
UltraBeKind
post Apr 4 2020, 12:43 AM
Post #13

BEST CHARACTER

01. Lady Bird - Lady Bird (4,0)
02. Love Simon - Simon (3,3)
03. Avengers: Infinity War - Thanos (2,1)
04. Crazy Rich Asians - Goh Peik Lin (1,3)
05. The Shape of Water - Eliza Esposito (0,3)
06. Deadpool 2 - Deadpool (0,0)

and the character line-up is nicer with a shock win! ohmy.gif

I'm really surprised Lady Bird came out on top but she's such a fantastic character I'm so here for it <3 With the win here, could Saoirse win Best Actress later on? ohmy.gif surprisingly this beats buzzjack fave LS, by the smallest margin and Thanos leads to more Avengers representation without winning, one of the better parts of IW. Goh Peik Lin is FAB and a great nom so I'm glad she managed some votes here, I low-key think if we did these award noms again that Awkwafina could get a supporting actress nom. Eliza is a good character but a weird-ish nom here haha. and yassssss at deadpool getting 0 total votes, we love to see it.

+Quote Post
UltraBeKind
post Apr 4 2020, 12:45 AM
Post #14

and that's it for tonight and ready for y'all to catch up later!! maybe next batch will acc happen at a time ppl are around haha x

Win Count:
Crazy Rich Asians - 2 (Look & Style, BO Surprise)
Love, Simon - 2 (Movie Couple, Underrated)
A Star Is Born - 1 (Poster)
Avengers: Infinity War - 1 (Visual Effects)
Black Panther - 1 (Hero)
Fifty Shades Freed - 1 (Worst Film)
Lady Bird - 1 (Character)
Solo: A Star Wars Story - 1 (BO Disaster)

+Quote Post
Jonjo
post Apr 4 2020, 01:33 AM
Post #15
(-_)
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 5,042

Yaaas at those two winning best couple wub.gif Bradley Cooper & Lady Gaga shouldn't be anywhere near there though! I would NOT want my relationships to turn out like theirs! LMAO! Constance & Henry... heart.gif Also Ant-Man & Wasp are so cue together!

Crazy Rich Asians was so perfect in it's look. So flashy and expensive looking. Gorgeous!

Captain America was robbed of best hero. His entrance in Infinity War is spine tingling heart.gif Although I can't begrudge a Black Panther win here considering he was a part of two movies. Deadpool should definitely be the bottom of that pack and I'd low-key rather have Wasp over Ant-Man! She was the highlight of AM&TW (I do really like AM too though).

I love Simon, Thanos & Goh a LOT more than Lady Bird. Such an overrated movie. So many movies did that whole thing so much better. Meh. Eliza was cute. Thank God Deadpool got nothing. So overrated and I hate how much I get attacked irl for saying that lmao.

+Quote Post
UltraBeKind
post May 17 2020, 01:46 AM
Post #16

BEST SCI-FI/THRILLER FILM

01. A Quiet Place (4,3)
02. The Shape of Water (3,1)
03. The Maze Runner: The Death Cure (1,1)
04. A Simple Favor (0,2)
05. Bird Box (0,1)
06. Widows (0,0)

time to do the five genre categories!

Damn this category was fab last year with the heavy leaning towards thrillers! And a very close race culminates in the Krasinski-Blunt horror thriller beating the sci-fi Del Toro Oscar BP winner! ohmy.gif So glad A Quiet Place pulled this off, one of my absolute faves of last year <3 The Shape of Water is also fab! Surprisingly Maze Runner 3 snatches 3rd place, I loved it but it feels old news by now (well tbf, it kind of is considering how long it took me to do these). A Simple Favour is a fab thriller with a great cast that keeps you guessing and Bird Box & Widows are two more really great thrillers, shame the latter got 0 votes altogether sad.gif

+Quote Post
UltraBeKind
post May 17 2020, 01:49 AM
Post #17

BEST DRAMA FILM

01. The Shape of Water (3,2)
02. Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri (2,2)
03. Bohemian Rhapsody (2,1)
04. A Star Is Born (2,0)
05. Lady Bird (1,2)
06. I, Tonya (0,3)

damn this race was close!

and in a very tight race, The Shape Of Water manages to pull off what it failed to do in Sci-Fi/Thriller and take the gold here! I'm glad it managed to win something. 3 Billboards also does surprisingly well in this line-up, honestly I think I would've predicted TSoW & 3B to be the bottom two here. that abomination unfortunately takes third place, at least it didn't win. I thought A Star Is Born would storm this category but alas it can't even crack the top 3 sad.gif( I also thought Lady Bird would do better but it struggled against bigger hits and the only non real life BP nom here, I, Tonya is the only film to receive no first preference votes but at least it got quite a few runner up mentions! such a good film

+Quote Post
UltraBeKind
post May 17 2020, 01:52 AM
Post #18

BEST HORROR FILM

01. A Quiet Place (6,1)
02. Hereditary (1,2)
03. The Shape of Water (1,1)
04. Bird Box (0,1)
04. Halloween (0,1)
04. The Nun (0,1)
07. Overlord (0,0)

damn this race wasn't close!

Unsurprisingly, the superb A Quiet Place dominates this category, earning nearly all the first place preference votes. A classic *.* By far the best horror of the year and the most scary so I'm glad to see it slay as it picks up its 2nd genre award of the night. The only other films to get a first preference vote here are Hereditary (which I did think would do better ngl and make more of a challenge for the win) and The Shape of Water, the latter underperforms in terms of votes compared to its performance in the other 2 genre categories, maybe because it isn't a horror in the slightest. And then we basically have 4 filler noms this year, oops. Fellow non-horror Bird Box enters a three-way tie with Halloween which should've done better and somehow The Nun actually got a vote, I mean I would vote for The Nun if this was the comedy film category but alas it isn't. And Overlord went under the radar irl and gets nothing here.

+Quote Post
UltraBeKind
post May 17 2020, 01:56 AM
Post #19

BEST COMEDY FILM

01. Love, Simon (4,4)
02. Crazy Rich Asians (3,2)
03. Game Night (1,2)
03. I, Tonya (1,2)

05. Life of the Party (0,0)

omg a genre category that finally doesn't go over 5 noms.

This was a very tight race between buzzjack fave Love, Simon and box office phenomenon Crazy Rich Asians and the former just about manages to pull off the win here. Tbh it was closer than I was expected. Anyway those 2 films ran away with the majority of the votes but underrated Comedy hit Game Night & comedy-drama I, Tonya both picked up some votes, both fab films <3 and Life of the Party always felt like a weird nominee here, even if I personally enjoyed it, and yeah it bombs earning 0 votes altogether oops.

+Quote Post
UltraBeKind
post May 17 2020, 01:59 AM
Post #20

BEST ACTION FILM

01. Avengers: Infinity War (4,1)
02. Black Panther (3,5)
03. Ant Man & The Wasp (1,1)
04. Bumblebee (1,0)
04. Deadpool 2 (1,0)

omg a genre category that finally doesn't go over 5 noms.

and just like Comedy, we have a very close race in the top 2 followed by 3 nominees sneaking a vote each. This time round, Infinity War manages to snatch the win through first preference votes whilst Black Panther was more heavily favoured in the second preference category with it being 2nd place for the majority of voters. I would've personally preferred a BP win here but idm too much. Ant Man's sequel completes a Marvel top 3 here, I'm surprised it acc got any votes here as I thought all the Marvel fans would just vote for IW/BP. Bumblebee deserved SO much better than y'all did it here, esp as I was its only voter sad.gif such a good film and by FAR the best transformers film (even if I do have a soft spot for the original Transformers trilogy). Anyway it ties Deadpool 2 which once again does badly, thank f***.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th July 2020 - 10:10 AM