BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lemonade • Four Years On, Okay ladies now let's get in formation
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Dexton
post Apr 23 2020, 04:52 PM
Post #1
rip in peace Dickston
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 25,045
   No Gallery Pics

Wow! It's been 4 years today since Lemonade was released, and 1 year since it was added to Spotify! What are your thoughts on Beyonce's 'latest' release? Do you think album #7 is still a way to go?

It's hard to believe the album has been out so long really it seems like not long ago everyone was trying to figure out who Becky with the good hair was *.* The album earned her NINE Grammy nominations, winning Best Urban Contemporary Album and Best Music Video for Formation, and honestly if not for Adele's 25 I strongly believe she would have won the Song, Record, and Album of the Year awards (Pop Solo Performance probably would've gone to Kelly Clarkon's Piece By Piece before Hold Up imo).

I think this is my favourite Beyonce album. It's strong, it's succinct, it's genre-bending, and it's full of belt-out moment that no doubt will stand the test of time. There's honestly not a weak link on the album for me which is really saying a lot considering her previous albums (high highs but kinda lower lows)

And also the VISUAL ALBUM. Need I say more?

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Scene
post Apr 23 2020, 05:23 PM
Post #2
This is where you end and I begin
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 5,567
   No Gallery Pics

I admire the effort and thought put into it but it probably ranks either 4th or 5th for me if I had to rank her albums. There are some tracks I enjoy (6 Inch, Formation and Daddy Lessons to name a few) but I think the album is far stronger as a film with the visuals and narratives included because without them I don't find the album that remarkable. ph34r.gif

+Quote Post
HausofGhibli
post Apr 23 2020, 05:46 PM
Post #3
Henrietta R Hippo
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 13,007

Very overrated for me. 'BEYONCE' is the masterpiece.

'All Night' is incredible though and the keeper from this album!

+Quote Post
Gerald
post Apr 23 2020, 09:00 PM
Post #4
Why don’t you say so?
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 9,721
   No Gallery Pics

Yeah, I do love the album. Sandcastles, Formation, Don't Hurt Yourself, Pray You Catch Me, Sorry, 6 Inch, Hold Up and All Night are great highlights from the album but 'BEYONCE' was so much stronger for me as a visual and musical project than Lemonade.

It keeps changing between being my third or fourth favourite album by Bey behind BEYONCE, 4 and Dangerously In Love.

This post has been edited by Gerald: Apr 23 2020, 09:01 PM

+Quote Post
LJ JORD 7
post Apr 23 2020, 09:03 PM
Post #5
BATTLE FOR YOUR LIFE ; BABYLON 🗡🦾
Member No.: 27,116
   No Gallery Pics

Beyoncé in general I find overrated but this album takes the biscuit for overrated.

I just don’t get it. My friend is a huge huge fan so I’ve seen the film several times and aside from Daddy Lessons I just didn’t get it. Even the songs on their own without the visuals though I wasn’t that keen on.

Daddy Lessons and at a push maybe Sandcastles are passable but the rest nah not for me.

I’m with Haus though and can honestly say BEYONCÉ self titled is a strong album. But Lemonade I just didn’t really get. I also sort of feel at times the narratives between songs didn’t make much sense lyrically to someone of the tracks although it was better to watch it as a visual album than it was to hear the tracks individually.

+Quote Post
StupidLove
post Apr 24 2020, 02:21 AM
Post #6
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Group: Members
Member No.: 104,307
   No Gallery Pics

This is the second Beyonce album I became fully in love with after 4.

Ugh, so beautiful. Every track deserves its place and its just beautiful in all aspects. I don't even want to get into because I will never end, but wow what a moment.

+Quote Post
Dexton
post Apr 24 2020, 03:15 AM
Post #7
rip in peace Dickston
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(StupidLove @ Apr 24 2020, 10:21 AM) *
This is the second Beyonce album I became fully in love with after 4.

Ugh, so beautiful. Every track deserves its place and its just beautiful in all aspects. I don't even want to get into because I will never end, but wow what a moment.

Finally someone here who agrees with me! laugh.gif

BEYONCÉ is a fantastic project in itself I completely agree with everyone else, Lemonade just goes one step further for me I suppose. I believe part of my love for Lemonade comes from the time of my life when it came - I was 16, life was starting to get more complicated and music was an outlet for me whereas her self titled was released when I was just 13.

+Quote Post
J00psyMethyd
post Apr 29 2020, 08:54 PM
Post #8
dusted
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 22,895
   No Gallery Pics

Lemonade & self-titled were the first and second Bey albums I liked at all.

+Quote Post
vibe
post Apr 30 2020, 07:39 AM
Post #9
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 11,763
   No Gallery Pics

The hype made me but it instantly . Probably my least played B album.

+Quote Post
Dexton
post May 26 2020, 02:52 PM
Post #10
rip in peace Dickston
   No Gallery Pics

We didn't even enter anything from this album into AF Idol! A shame we never got gibe any of these tracks a chance because I loooove this project wub.gif I love how the Sorry Demo is on streaming joined with the album too, it sounds so incredibly different from the final product and as much as I ADORE the finished product we got I would have equally loved it if the demo version was what we got in the end!

I think if I had to rank the tracklist now:

All Night (11/10 moment)
Sorry (another 11/10 moment tbh)
Daddy Lessons
Formation
Don't Hurt Yourself
Freedom
Hold Up
Pray You Catch Me
6 Inch
Sorry - Demo Version
Sandcastles
Love Drought
Forward

+Quote Post
*Callum
post Jun 9 2020, 11:17 AM
Post #11
C A L
Member No.: 20,799

I am beyond ready for album 7 now. Do we think that it’ll drop this year? I’m really hoping so

+Quote Post
Scene
post Jun 9 2020, 02:46 PM
Post #12
This is where you end and I begin
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 5,567
   No Gallery Pics

She had a 2.5 year gap between album from IASF to Lemonade so I was expecting it late 2018/early 2019. tearsmile.gif It has to come out this year surely. It's difficult to imagine where she will go after the big event that was Lemonade. thinking.gif Big shoes to fill in terms of critical and fan reception.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th July 2020 - 07:58 PM