BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> 21 Jump Street, TV-Series 1987-1991, Starring Johnny Depp
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
MDNA2012
post 21st November 2006, 10:51 AM
Post #1
Group icon
Pronouns:
User: 748

Does anybody remember a fab 80's TV show called 21 Jump Street. I have recently bought the season 1 box set.

21 Jump Street is the headquarters for a squad of police officers who specialize in investigations relating to young people. Each of the Jump St. personnel was selected for their ability to pass for high school or college students, allowing them to operate undercover in areas where it is difficult for regular police officers to blend in unnoticed. Each episode often has a morality lesson and a public service announcment at the end of the episode "drugs are for mugs" - that sort of thing! lol. This show made a teen idol out of Johnny Depp and was Fox's first runaway hit

IPB Image

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Ryan
post 21st November 2006, 11:11 AM
Post #2
Group icon
lol
User: 774

My Cousin loves this and forced me to watch laugh.gif

Its quite good actually ohmy.gif cool.gif

+Quote this post
GRIMLY FIENDISH
post 21st November 2006, 11:11 AM
Post #3
Group icon
Always wear a clean pair of knickers, cos you never know when th
User: 190

As a prog it wasn't that bad, but the whole 'Reaganite Moral Majority' themes that peppered the scripts were incredibly heavy handed and rather patronising and a bit of a turn-off for me tbh.... If not for the presence of Johnny Depp I doubt I would've even bothered watching....

+Quote this post
MDNA2012
post 21st November 2006, 11:47 AM
Post #4
Group icon
Pronouns:
User: 748

imdb trivia:

"Johnny Depp did not want to work on a television series but agreed to a six-year contract only because he did not believe the show would last more than one season. He also found it difficult to turn down the money and the chance to work with Frederic Forrest. But the show became a huge success mostly due to Depp's presence. By the third season, Depp was chafing at having to stay with the show instead of accepting various film offers. He began to complain about the scripts and often gave listless performances. With the help of his lawyers, Depp was released from his contract and left the show after the fourth season."

I don't even remember a episode without Depp, yet he wasn't in the 5th season

This post has been edited by Ozmead: 21st November 2006, 11:48 AM

+Quote this post
tigerboy
post 22nd November 2006, 07:45 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl it's Tigerboy!
User: 210

QUOTE(Ozmead @ Nov 21 2006, 12:11 PM) *

I don't even remember a episode without Depp, yet he wasn't in the 5th season

i dont know of the show apart from what has been said in dvd monthly. think it said that he's in about one ep of the last season.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 02:25 AM