BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Chromatica sounds most like..... (a poll), Which of Gagas pop albums does Chromatica most resemble?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
What Gaga pop album does Chromatica resemble most?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 22
Guests cannot vote 
LJ JORD 7
post Jun 4 2020, 03:24 PM
Post #1
BATTLE FOR YOUR LIFE ; BABYLON 🗡🦾
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 27,116
   No Gallery Pics

Iíve seen a lot of tweets and comments regarding Chromatica and a lot of differing opinions on what era they think Chromatica most resembles.

Iíve not included Joanne, Cheek to Cheek or ASIB on here as itís pretty clear theyíre vastly different.

But what era do you think Chromatica is closest too from her pop catalogue.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
HausofGhibli
post Jun 4 2020, 06:17 PM
Post #2
Henrietta R Hippo
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 13,007

This is really tough! It stands out as its own sound and aesthetic.

Lyrically I think it's closest to Born This Way in its maturity and some of the songs have sonic crossover with tracks there too, so I've gone with that.

2nd is probably ARTPOP through some of the production choices but this is much more fluid and less harsh sounding.

+Quote Post
Nick Jonas
post Jun 4 2020, 06:21 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 9,481
   No Gallery Pics

Why canít I vote Joanne?

kink.gif

+Quote Post
LMLou
post Jun 4 2020, 06:24 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 42,419
   No Gallery Pics

It is pretty tough, maybe because this album is so cohesive. It's definitely not TFM, Chromatica's sound is too light imo.

On the one hand, I think every song on Chromatica could fit on ARTPOP but that's because ARTPOP was so diverse literally anything could be chucked on it and fit in.

But as it is so cohesive and it some parts maybe "samey" it's not really that ARTPOPy. I think its most like The Fame but if the songs from The Fame were handed to BTW and ARTPOP producers and writers to remix or add to.

+Quote Post
LJ JORD 7
post Jun 4 2020, 06:26 PM
Post #5
   No Gallery Pics

I think itís description kinda fits ARTPOP but itís much less harsh than that era as you said Haus! I donít think it sounds much like ARTPOP tbh maybe 911 at a push but nothing else. Itís not as overproduced as ARTPOP and it feels more natural sounding than that era.

I kinda see it lyrically as being reminiscent of Born This Way but I think this is kinda like The Fame era Gaga again. Sheís got her sense of fun back with this era and itís kinda like sheís been re born again too. Itís kinda like a re polished The Fame. The lyrics are dark but theyíre sung and produced in such a bright way that I just wanna dance to it in the same way I would The Fame.

+Quote Post
Jαsє
post Jun 4 2020, 08:20 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 14,043
   No Gallery Pics

Definitely ARTPOP!

+Quote Post
Andrew.
post Jun 4 2020, 10:43 PM
Post #7
(Oh na na)
Member No.: 21,161

It's a cross between BTW and ARTPOP but ultimately I went for BTW, idk if y'all agree but it's not...weird enough to be ARTPOP laugh.gif

+Quote Post
LJ JORD 7
post Jun 11 2020, 11:34 PM
Post #8
   No Gallery Pics

Andrew you kinda hit the nail on the head there by the not weird enough to be ARTPOP comment.

Thatís what I think by the actual sound of the album. Itís a dance album with electronic influences like ARTPOP but itís much more simplistic in the melodies and thereís less happening on each song so it kind of flows better and the message is easier to understand.

Chromatica for me is like a revival of the The Fame era in terms of the sound but the impact itís had on me is like a Born This Way sort of impact. I think itís like a lighter Born This Way lyrically but the production flits between The Fame and the more commercial half of ARTPOP.

anyone else got any thoughts on this? smile.gif

+Quote Post
StupidLove
post Jun 12 2020, 04:39 PM
Post #9
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 104,307
   No Gallery Pics

ARTPPOP and Born This Way's lovechild.

+Quote Post
Dexton
post Jun 14 2020, 04:29 PM
Post #10
rip in peace Dickston
Member No.: 25,045
   No Gallery Pics

'Chromatica' is 'ARTPOP' but better in every way imo

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th July 2020 - 10:57 AM