BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How familiar are you with ORA?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
JosephStyles
post Jun 23 2020, 10:49 PM
Post #1
do you know who you are?
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 13,530

Okay, let's own up. I'm sure most of the regular visitors to this forum will have heard Phoenix (and if not, why not??? ohmy.gif), but how many of you guys have heard Rita's debut album? Do you know it especially well? When did you last listen to it? What are your favourite songs from it? ohmy.gif

I listened when it came out and really enjoyed it! It's absolutely rough around the edges but it showed a lot of promise, and I remember saying at the time that I was confident Rita would improve with a second album. If only I knew how long it would take to arrive! laugh.gif I've not heard it in full in AGES, I only really go back to the singles now but there were some good album tracks too - Uneasy, Been Lying and Hello Hi Goodbye are all pretty solid.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andrew.
post Jun 23 2020, 10:51 PM
Post #2
(Oh na na)
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,161

The only songs I know are Hot Right Now and R.I.P, idek the other #1 single tearsmile.gif I loved Phoenix and I love Rita so I really SHOULD check it out.

+Quote Post
JosephStyles
post Jun 23 2020, 10:53 PM
Post #3
do you know who you are?
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 13,530

QUOTE(Andrew. @ Jun 23 2020, 11:51 PM) *
The only songs I know are Hot Right Now and R.I.P, idek the other #1 single tearsmile.gif I loved Phoenix and I love Rita so I really SHOULD check it out.

What??? ohmy.gif It's my favourite from this album!! A brilliant, carefree pop track.

+Quote Post
Andrew.
post Jun 23 2020, 10:55 PM
Post #4
(Oh na na)
Member No.: 21,161

QUOTE(JosephStyles @ Jun 23 2020, 11:53 PM) *
What??? ohmy.gif It's my favourite from this album!! A brilliant, carefree pop track.

I'm sure it is, I've just never heard it for some reason! Although this album sold well I think Phoenix will go down as her most remembered era with the GP, the only song I ever hear in public from ORA is R.I.P.

+Quote Post
George.keh
post Jun 23 2020, 11:09 PM
Post #5
#VoteGarden.Keh
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 32,047
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Andrew. @ Jun 23 2020, 11:55 PM) *
I'm sure it is, I've just never heard it for some reason! Although this album sold well I think Phoenix will go down as her most remembered era with the GP, the only song I ever hear in public from ORA is R.I.P.

Donít bother with How We Do, Radioactive however!!!

+Quote Post
LJ JORD 7
post Jun 24 2020, 12:13 AM
Post #6
BATTLE FOR YOUR LIFE ; BABYLON 🗡🦾
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 27,116
   No Gallery Pics

Hot Right Now remains her best chart topper in the UK but aside form that Itís just an ok album.

Rough round the edges is a fitting description tbh.

Been Lying and Hello Hi Goodbye are cute and Love and War is also good too but she really stepped up after this era for me not just Phoenix but what we got before Phoenix too.

The other singles from this though RIP, How We Do, Shine Ya Light and Radioactive donít do much for me how. Iíd say Radioactive is the best of those in 2020. I did used to love R.I.P though I remember I seen the trend on Twitter back in 2012 and I legit thought sheíd died before she even released an album but it was just the hashtag for the single laugh.gif laugh.gif

Itís one of those albums where itís like because itís a debut album you can be a bit more lenient towards it and look at it fondly in a way like it shows promise but itís not there yet. But yeah hopefully this will remain her weakest solo album laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Frenchie
post Jun 24 2020, 06:29 AM
Post #7
BuzzJack Regular
Member No.: 72,030
   No Gallery Pics

I remember hearing the singles on the radio, but have never listened to the album, oops. I only really got deep into music in 2015 so missed her first era. I really enjoyed Phoenix so should probs go and give it a listen.

+Quote Post
Nick F1
post Jun 24 2020, 09:06 PM
Post #8
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 5,392

I have listened few times the album, but nothing has stood me as did tracks from Phoenix. I know singles very well and that's all.

+Quote Post
Tawdry Hepburn
post Jun 25 2020, 08:42 PM
Post #9
I'll find your lips in the street lights
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 51

I only know the singles and it's a dreadful era (aside from 'Radioactive' which is OK if you're drunk).

Thankfully she's improved leaps and bounds since then.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th July 2020 - 10:41 AM