BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Artist News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 5 Years since 'Bitch Better Have My Money' video
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Andrew.
post Jul 7 2020, 07:08 PM
Post #1
(Oh na na)
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,161

5 years a week ago, Rihanna released the most shocking and transitional video of her career. It was age-restricted on Youtube (sissies) and for some it marked a confirmation that Rihanna had changed for worse, turning them off her but the majority saw the passion behind the project and appreciated the video, be being one of them cool2.gif

Do how y'all feel about this video, 5 years on?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andrew.
post Jul 7 2020, 07:10 PM
Post #2
(Oh na na)

My thought at the time was OMG BOOBS. It's definitely an attention seeking video, and I don't mean that as an insult at all because what a video *.* The last 2.5 minutes are the best of course, wonderfully EERIE. She did that.

+Quote Post
Jonjoliday
post Jul 7 2020, 08:13 PM
Post #3
(-_)
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 5,042

Her best video and one of her very best songs. The cultural impact this song has... you would honestly have believed it had Drakes - One Dance level of chart success. ICONIC.

I absolutely LOVE Kelly Clarkson's live lounge of it! So soulful and just... OOMF!

+Quote Post
Andrew.
post Jul 8 2020, 12:16 AM
Post #4
(Oh na na)

QUOTE(Jonjo @ Jul 7 2020, 09:13 PM) *
Her best video and one of her very best songs. The cultural impact this song has... you would honestly have believed it had Drakes - One Dance level of chart success. ICONIC.

I absolutely LOVE Kelly Clarkson's live lounge of it! So soulful and just... OOMF!

In my house it had 11x Drakes - One Dance level of chart success sarah11.png

It might have seemed like a flop at the time in the UK because of it's uncharacteristically low peak for Rih, but honestly this did fine. It was an OA/OS release at a time when most songs were being held back so it naturally was at a disadvantage, got very little airplay and in early 2015 you still needed good download sales to be really high on the singles chart, and this like Needed Me isn't a song that will do well on paid for. It's gone gold and spent 23 weeks on the chart, a hit wub.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th August 2020 - 05:04 PM