BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Classic 90s videos, 2. Massive Attack - Teardrop
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Jester
post Aug 9 2020, 07:46 PM
Post #1
Milquetoast
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 12

Artist: Massive Attack
Song: Teardrop
Year Of Release: 1998
UK Single Peak: 10
Directed by: Walter Stern

Wikipedia: "Teardrop" is a song by English trip hop group Massive Attack. The song was released as the second single from the group's third studio album, Mezzanine, on 27 April 1998. In the United Kingdom, it peaked at number 10, becoming the group's highest-charting single and only top-ten hit in their native country. It reached number one in Iceland and became a top-twenty hit in Australia, Ireland and New Zealand, as well as in Denmark in 2012. Lyrics and vocals are by Elizabeth Fraser, formerly lead singer for the Cocteau Twins. The music video, directed by Walter Stern, features a latex foetus singing in the womb

My take: An animatronic foetus would seem like an odd choice for trip hop song, but it just works. A teardrop and a foetus have similar themes (fragility yet strength, action, life, emotion..) and the beat in the song matches a heartbeat which can be linked to both the mother and the foetus. Beautiful, stunning song.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dandy*
post Aug 9 2020, 08:15 PM
Post #2
Mansonette
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 54
   No Gallery Pics

Teardrop is just stunning, one of my favourite songs ever wub.gif The video always used to freak me out a bit at the time but I think I like it a bit more now.

+Quote Post
Colm
post Aug 9 2020, 11:17 PM
Post #3
Yes, it's me.
Group: Members
Member No.: 9,885

One of the greatest 100 songs ever (it sounds a lot more official when I phrase it like that laugh.gif )

And one of the best videos too.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd December 2020 - 02:42 PM