BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Single Opportunities, What singles could've been?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Perriechu
post Sep 4 2020, 10:05 AM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 109,885
It's no secret that Little Mix's back catalogue is absolutely full of bangers and missed single opportunities, so which of the their captivating album tracks would you have made a single if given the chance to do so? and why? (Obviously)

Personally I would've chosen Forget You Not from LM5's Deluxe, I probably would have even put it on the standard tracklist, although if they were still in their imperial phase a deluxe single could've pushed more copies.

Forget You Not is so radio friendly, there's nothing harsh or off about it- the melody is so infectious and it has nonsensical hooks in it (Bada-bang bang) which seems to be helping others in the Pop scene, à la Truth Hurts and Head & Heart. It's also quite short which is always a plus for streaming hits. I just feel like this could've been SUCH a great single moment for them. It is a bit generic, but hey, doesn't mean bad.

How about you guys?
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
kye
post Sep 4 2020, 10:33 AM
Post #2
Group icon
• aesthetic party •
User: 2,169
forget you not was one of my top 3 from lm5 - the fact they paid it dust + made it a deluxe track is literally insane + showed that the label really didn’t have a clue.

little mix knew the fans loved it, they even acknowledged it when they announced the set list for the tour + it wasn’t there. it got a huge amount of hype when perrie was playing it in the car + that was just a snippet on instagram. complete wasted opportunity!

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post Sep 4 2020, 10:57 AM
Post #3
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51
I think 'Red Planet' from the debut and 'Wasabi' were the BIG two for me, I really wanted to see those become singles.

At the time I wanted 'Weird People' to be released, but looking back on it now I think they got that whole campaign spot on and I wouldn't change anything.

It would have been nice to see 'Is Your Love Enough?' get a push around the time of the Glory Days deluxe, but I guess it's not an essential or anything.

+Quote this post
Dynasty.
post Sep 4 2020, 11:11 AM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 74,599
There’s so many songs that could of been a good single choice. I agree with all of the ones already mentioned but i would of loved to see Nothing Feels Like You, Joan Of Arc, Monster In Me, Grown (although i loved the GW singles) all be singles or be pushed. Obviously wasabi could of been a smash too and with the video ideas they had planned it could of been even bigger.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post Sep 4 2020, 11:16 AM
Post #5
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51
Ooooh yes, definitely 'Nothing Feels Like You'!

+Quote this post
JulianNial
post Sep 5 2020, 03:39 AM
Post #6
Group icon
Julian Nial
User: 18,454
I wouldn't have been mad if 'Madhouse' got a push with the follow up to the DNA video.

'Nothing Feels Like You' ideally would have replaced 'Word Up!' but following Salute would have been cute too.

'Get Weird' I'm surprised they didn't go for 'Weird People but now I'm glad they skipped. Personally I wanted 'A.D.I.D.A.S' a lot of my non-fan friends loved that one, so it gave me the impression at the time it could have done quite well.

'Is Your Love Enough?' Obviously.

Then for LM5 'Monster In Me' and 'Wasabi' were the obvious ones and a 'Forget You Not single mix to finish the era.

+Quote this post
-0-0
post Sep 5 2020, 06:01 AM
Post #7
Group icon
🙄
User: 10,643
Forget You Not.

+Quote this post
Mr. C. Joel
post Sep 5 2020, 06:49 AM
Post #8
Group icon
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
User: 7,475
Wasabi and Forget you not 100% Although, Forget you not with a Joel Corry twist to amp it up would have been so good.

+Quote this post
DionTheSats123
post Sep 5 2020, 07:19 AM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 18,505
Nothing Feels Like You would have been amazing from the Salute album era, from the Get Weird era I personally would have loved a Lightning release with a radio edit, would have loved it if Is Your Love Enough got a proper push as a single and from the LM5 era one of the labels biggest mistakes ever was not releasing Wasabi.

+Quote this post
*Tim
post Sep 5 2020, 09:10 AM
Post #10
Group icon
Bitch of t seet
User: 16,660
Towers, Not Good Enough and Wasabi. Their ballads always get done wrong

+Quote this post
George.keh
post Sep 5 2020, 09:26 AM
Post #11
Group icon
#VoteGarden.Keh
User: 32,047
Nothing Feels Like You for sure would have been a fab single. Weird People released over Hair would have been nice (in fact wasn’t it supposed to be and then because they got Sean Paul they thought he’d fit better on Hair? I remember rumours of Meghan Trainor being on Weird People). Is Your Love Enough could have been pushed and been an easy top 20 for them baffles me that they didn’t do that. Then LM5 there are many Id have liked as a single- Motivate, Notice (in a 50 Shades kinda way could have worked), Wasabi of course. Think About Us definitely did make sense as a single though to be fair.

+Quote this post
JulianNial
post Sep 5 2020, 12:41 PM
Post #12
Group icon
Julian Nial
User: 18,454
QUOTE(Mr. C. Joel @ Sep 5 2020, 07:49 AM) *
Wasabi and Forget you not 100% Although, Forget you not with a Joel Corry twist to amp it up would have been so good.

Omg yes I feel you.

+Quote this post
Nina West
post Sep 5 2020, 12:44 PM
Post #13
Group icon
We're all Glitter and Tears in the Moonlight...
User: 19,846
Little Mix have got several great tracks that could have been singles & gonna go through them album by album:

DNA:
This era went about well as it could have, pretty great for a debut era. Although would have chose Red Planet as the 4th single, but doubt it would performed any better than 'HYD'. However still its a great track with an epic guitar riff opening & fantastic vocals by both the group & T-Boz, they have great chemistry together.

Salute:
This album was packed with so many amazing gems that could have made great singles, firstly Nothing Feels Like You - An upbeat & fun track with an energetic chorus & fantastic verses which are very well executed. This should have been the Comic Relief single instead of 'WU' (or a double a-side at the very least). Easily been a top 10 hit.
Towers - This gorgeous ballad should have been the 2nd single with its classy sweeping strings. Competition - Another firm highlight, this sassy little number really spices up the middle of the album with some cool positive vibes by the girls & the delicate piano parts leading to the chorus add a bit of complexity to what could have been just a simple, catchy song. Again this could have made a great single.

Get Weird:
The best tracks really did get picked as singles, but there were quite a few more great album cuts as well, firstly Weird People - Could have made a decent possib le 5th single choice with its fun retro feel & catchy verses. Lightning - This really stands out on its own with some cool verses & hooks as well as some fantastic harmonies. A.D.I.D.A.S - Incredibly catchy, yet very bold & quite out there, yet still retains the girls personalities perfectly.

Glory Days:
Yet again we had a pretty perfect run of singles, but there were a few other shining moments = Oops - I've always really liked this one & it did sell pretty well on downloads, its catchy
yet quite cute & simple. This could have easily been another smash hit. Is Your Love Enough - One of the special edition tracks that could have followed 'RL' perfectly as it has that similar vibe & shows some great maturity by the girls & ended the 'GD' era beautifully.

LM5:
They're worst album by far, but there were a few shining moments on there such as Strip - Don't think this would have worked as the lead single (like they wanted), but as the 2nd it could have really smashed, it has a similar vibe to 'Move', but more ballsy & unique, plus it had a video, so it was ready to kill (WTF at the label not letting them release this gem to the world). Wasabi - Another killer moment, upbeat, catchy, daring & totally fresh, this really should have been single #3. The Cure - [ quite possibly one of the most heartbreakingly beautiful tracks on the album, simply stunning, either have had this as single #3 or #4, probably 3rd with 'Wasabi' following it.

This post has been edited by Nina West: Sep 5 2020, 12:44 PM

+Quote this post
StupidLove
post Sep 5 2020, 01:29 PM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 104,307
DNA:
1. Red Planet ft. T-Boz

Salute:
1. These Four Walls
2. Boy

Get Weird:
1. OMG

Glory Days:
1. Oops (even though they hate it, it would've smashed)

LM5:
1. The Cure
2. Woman's World
3. Wasabi

This post has been edited by StupidLove: Sep 5 2020, 01:29 PM

+Quote this post
Slick
post Sep 5 2020, 02:30 PM
Post #15
Group icon
electric butterflies
Pronouns: he/him
User: 70
'Wasabi' definitely stands out for me. I love 'Forget You Not' too. They have so many good album tracks that never made it as singles. They haven't always been great as choosing the singles tbf.

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post Oct 17 2020, 01:40 PM
Post #16
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116
Towers is the biggest missed opportunity they’ve ever had!

It should’ve been the second single from Salute it would’ve been huge and would’ve really pushed album sales too.

Happiness (way to early as it could get a full push) but if it doesn’t then that will also be a huge injustice!

Glory Days was their only era were the single choices were spot on though.

+Quote this post
caseclosed
post Oct 17 2020, 02:34 PM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 23,311
From Salute: a choice of two between Competition, Nothing Feels Like You and About The Boy to replace Little Me and Word Up!

With DNA, Get Weird and Glory Days, the right choices were made.

LM5 should’ve gone: Woman Like Me - Monster In Me - The Cure - Wasabi - Forget You Not

+Quote this post
Court
post Oct 17 2020, 03:06 PM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 23,564
I always felt Competition would have made a great sport relief single.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Oct 17 2020, 04:52 PM
Post #19
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
DNA:
- Always Be Together (in place of CYL)
- Red Planet (in place of HYD)

---
SALUTE:
- Towers (instead of Little Me)
- Competition (Sport Relief single - Word Up coulda been a cute B-Side for CD single)

---
GET WEIRD:
- Lightning (instead of Hair - I loooove Hair (single mix) tho. I just begrudged it being a single over Lightning!)
- Love Me or Leave Me (final single if they wanted to stretch to one more!)

---
GLORY DAYS:
- Is Your Love Enough (shoulda been pushed as a single whilst they were pushing the re-release, annoying that RL was the only single pushed from the re-release, when they def had time to push another single to radio at the very least and get an easy hit)

Other than that, FLAWLESS singles campaign.

---
LM5:
- The Cure (should have been their winter warmer!)
- Wasabi (3rd single and promoted on BGT - hypothetically they wouldnt have had label issues with this campaign)
- Forget You Not (single remix feat a rapper for August time)

+Quote this post
post Oct 18 2020, 02:58 PM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931
LM5
The Cure, Wasabi and Monster in Me all could have been huge imo.

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:31 PM