BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Zelda & Pokemon Anniversaries, Nintendos big 2021?
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Dexton
post 24th November 2020, 11:47 AM
Post #1
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston
User: 25,045

So! There's quite a bit of buzz online around what Nintendo & pals are planning for both The Legend of Zelda's 35th anniversary AND Pokemon's 25th anniversary coming soon in 2021.

People are suggesting that they will release game collections similar to what they have done so this year with the Super Mario Bros. games which gave us three classics all in one Super Mario 3D All Stars. Whilst they've also released the Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit, Super Mario Bros. 35, the new(?) Game & Watch, as well as a remastered version of Super Mario 3D World from the Wii U coming early next year. That's quite a lot of activity for their biggest trademark however I feel like especially in recent years Pokemon has become his massive force to be reckoned (with Sw&Sh selling over 19 billion copies in a year despite it's mixed reception). TLOZ is also a huge franchise that I honestly did not know was just as old as Mario!

We already know of a couple confirmed releases that are on their way presumably in 2021: New Pokemon Snap and Breath of The Wild 2. That's a spin-off game for Pokemon and a main series game for Zelda.

What do you expect / wish for them to do to celebrate either of these anniversaries?

edit: my 9000th post *.*
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
JSG
post 24th November 2020, 10:19 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 18,473

I'm not too fussed about the Pokémon Anniversary but I'd love if they did a 3D collection for Zelda's anniversary.
Give me Ocarina Of Time / Majora's Mask / Twilight Princess .

+Quote this post
Perriechu
post 24th November 2020, 10:46 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 109,885

I’m so hyped for the Pokemon anniversary. Their main game for 2021 is probably going to be the Diamond and Pearl remakes. Although I hope they’re a bit more.. interesting than typical remakes, but it’s GF so I’m not holding my breath. Gen 4 is my fav so I’m excited either way.

As for the actual anniversary I think there was a rumour that it would be the 3DS games being ported. I imagine they might release the virtual console for Switch so we can have Gens 1 & 2 and THEN also announce that the GBA games will be available on there. GF typically like to have all games available on one console, but that leaves out Black & White.

I’m not too fussed about Zelda so I don’t really care but I rly enjoyed Spirit Tracks so a port of that would be cool!

+Quote this post
Dexton
post 25th November 2020, 02:36 AM
Post #4
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston
User: 25,045

I actually hadn’t thought about the virtual console! Although I think maybe a more realistic idea would be to add N64 and GameCube to the Nintendo Switch Online service as they have already NES and SNES. Then as part of the Pokémon anniversary they could launch with Pokémon Stadium 1 & 2 on N64 as well as Colosseum and XD on GameCube. Gameboy would be an amazing addition too but so far they’ve been releasing retro systems in the order and I think it makes more sense to release all the GameBoy systems collectively as one rather than three different versions.

As far as a collection of games goes ideally I’d like them to have HG/SS, B&W, and B2&W2. With Sinnoh remakes coming next year this would mean that all Pokémon regions are available on the 3DS and the Switch. Including ALL regions on the Switch would be amazing but I think it is a lot to expect them to have HG/SS, B&W, B2&W2, X&Y, OR/AS, S&M, AND US&UM all on one. I suppose there could be “2D All Stars” with the DS games then “3D All Stars” with 3DS games. I think that’s expecting a bit much though laugh.gif

My wish list for Sinnoh remakes is mainly that they follow Platinums improvements rather than Diamond / Pearl. They can still have version exclusives and whatever else but Platinum made Sinnoh 10x better by making even minor differences. The Battle Frontier just has to come back now surely? A rival with increasingly stronger Pokémon each time you battle them post-game. It would even be cool if they added some post-game interaction with the Distortion World, maybe something with the Ultra Beasts and Looker, they could even wrap his story up that lead to his amnesia in ORAS (I think it was ORAS). You join Looker in investigating the links between the distortion world and another universe, revealing Arceus has been trying to close the Ultra Wormholes. Maybe you have to catch the ultra beasts roaming around Sinnoh first, then arceus can close the wormholes and you get the opportunity to catch Arceus. Idk. All I know is that they really should expand on the lore and Sinnoh is by far the best place to do so. There has to be links between the Distortion World, Ultra Beasts/Wormholes, Dynamax, Gigantamax, Mega Evolution, or something. Perhaps the remake story could be set as a kind of sequel to the originals, featuring a defeated Team Galactic who are trying to take revenge and an influx of Max Power has flooded the region as a result of the distortion world being open. These are very random ideas idk

And for Zelda, I’m sure I’ll enjoy whatever they release! I adored the Switch remake of Links Awakening so something else in that art style whilst still being extremely true to the original would be amazing

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 25th November 2020, 04:12 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

I'm dying for Gen 4 remakes in whatever way, Gen 1 has had more than enough and Gen 2 is lowkey awful. I don't mind if they do something with those as long as we do get gen 4, I can't see why they can't do both tbh as it's the anniversary and it can't take much to just do a straight port on the Virtual Console or something similar, but I'll not quite believe Gen 4 remakes until I have in my hands to play laugh.gif

+Quote this post
JSG
post 25th November 2020, 06:14 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 18,473

Apparently, diamond and pearl remakes are coming next year, but as always, it's a rumour for now.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 13th June 2024, 06:44 AM