BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> 30 Years of Home Alone, What’s your favourite scenes?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
awardinary
post 3rd December 2020, 11:43 AM
Post #1
Group icon
Here to play, here to stay
Pronouns: he/him
User: 21,587

I can’t believe it but it is now 30 years since Home Alone first came out in the cinema in 1990. Since then it and it’s sequel have become a staple of festive movies for the last 3 decades and even in 2020 there are billboard posters everywhere of Macauley Caulkin’s infamous pose.

I must have seen this movie upwards of 50 times in my lifetime, along with the sequel Home Alone 2: Lost In New York (which I love even more).

There’s so much to love about this timeless masterpiece and I want to hear from others their memories and favourite parts of this 30 year old movie Home Alone.

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 3rd December 2020, 11:51 AM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053

The bit with the guy in the church was cool.

+Quote this post
Steve201
post 3rd December 2020, 06:27 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Shakin Stevens
User: 5,138

I forgot it was 30 years old, went to see it with my friend at the time in the cinema.

Fav scene is maybe the opening scenes of the first film when they are all together!

Loved the second one in New York with the famous landmarks - it’s a film I watch every December

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post 3rd December 2020, 07:03 PM
Post #4
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232

I don't quite LOVE this as much as seemingly everyone else, I guess I don't have the memories of repeat viewings like I do for Muppets Christmas Carol and Nightmare Before Christmas, but it did always seem a little bit overly far-fetched as a film, it's very entertaining though and I do get it's appeal.

+Quote this post
DalekTurret32
post 4th December 2020, 06:44 PM
Post #5
Group icon
FIVE YEARS OF THE TURRET 15-20
User: 21,666

Kevin shaving
Angels With Filthy Souls ("Keep the change, ya filthy animal!"). Plus the other scenes involving it
Most of the trap scenes

+Quote this post
Steve201
post 5th December 2020, 12:20 AM
Post #6
Group icon
Shakin Stevens

QUOTE(Feliz Wombat @ Dec 3 2020, 07:03 PM) *
I don't quite LOVE this as much as seemingly everyone else, I guess I don't have the memories of repeat viewings like I do for Muppets Christmas Carol and Nightmare Before Christmas, but it did always seem a little bit overly far-fetched as a film, it's very entertaining though and I do get it's appeal.

For me its definitely the cast with Daniel Stern and Joe Pesci the standouts, there's jokes for adults and kids and the classic Christmas scenery.

I watched the Muppet and Nightmare before Christmas and never really enjoyed them enough to be enduring.

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 5th December 2020, 01:15 AM
Post #7
Group icon
Rob aah
User: 3,804

I just watched Lost In New York a few hours ago and saw the 1st one again a week ago. Echoing that I've probably seen them both about 300 times in my life lol they are real classics though. One thing bugged me though and that was whenever Buzz wound Kevin up the family would cone down unecessarily on Kevin even when he didn't start it a lot of time. I know that leads to point of the film but I just thought it was giving off unfair vibes but the trap scenes are so entertaining and I find it very sweet when he meets the bird lady (and the old man in the first film as well).

I've never been at all interested in HA3 or 4 though and I have them included in my boxset tearsmile.gif

+Quote this post
Steve201
post 5th December 2020, 02:21 AM
Post #8
Group icon
Shakin Stevens

Yeh the third and fourth ones are awful from the parts I seen of them!

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 5th December 2020, 10:57 PM
Post #9
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915

Home Alone 4 sick2.gif

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread