BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

> -

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Spotify most liked songs chart, What would it look like?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Tefo
post Dec 6 2020, 04:22 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Regular
Group: Members
Member No.: 111,940
   No Gallery Pics

I think every Spotify user knows what the heart icon is, a function that allows you to give song or album a 'like' and add it to your personal Spotify library. I was recently wondering how would the Spotify chart based on most liked songs and albums look like. Would daily chart showing most liked songs in the last 24 hours be different from the daily chart of most streamed songs. And similarly the chart of most liked albums during the week, would it be different from the most streamed albums chart that Spotify started to publish recently.

I know it's only hypothetical idea but I would be very curious to see something like this one day. I think this chart could possibly be faster than normal Spotify top 50 because theoretically once you've saved a song to your library you don't do that again while you might be streaming it every day for months. So it might resemble the iTunes chart in terms of turnover speed. Another thing is you only like songs that you actually enjoy, while you might stream something only because you want to check it out and it can be something you'll hate or it can be just passive playlist/algorithm based streaming of songs that are not really your faves. That would be interesting to see if being the most streamed means being the most loved by the public. There's also an option of pre-saving songs so that could possibly have an effect on new releases doing a bit better.

It would be also interesting to see the list of most liked albums every week and see if the ones that get biggest number of streams would dominate. I think we could see some surprises in here.

It's just something I was thinking about recently. What do you think?

This post has been edited by Tefo: Dec 6 2020, 05:32 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jade
post Dec 6 2020, 04:23 PM
Post #2
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Buzzjack's Sweetheart
Member No.: 12,810

Probably more immediate BTS domination if YouTube likes are anything to go by laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Tefo
post Dec 6 2020, 04:30 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Regular
Group: Members
Member No.: 111,940
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Slade @ Dec 6 2020, 07:23 PM) *
Probably more immediate BTS domination if YouTube likes are anything to go by laugh.gif

Yeah, BTS stans unliking and then liking their whole discography again every single day to keep it high in the chart was the first thing that came to my mind in terms of disadvantages. Surely there should be some limit introduced for chart purposes so you can only like something once in a lifetime from your account laugh.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th January 2021 - 11:18 PM