BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Anyone else think that 2020 has established them as legends?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
shadow2009
post Dec 16 2020, 01:06 AM
Post #1
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 10,059

Their Instagram post of Jesy leaving is well over 2 million Likes and it made me realise that although they havenít had that big number 1 single in years (and probably never will again), the public definitely know them individually and thereís a ton of love and affection towards them even from casuals who have probably never listened to their albums.

LM5 and Bounce Back/One Iíve Been Missing made things feel a little bleak and that they were on a downward spiral but with Break Up Song and Holiday being big hits (inevitably Platinum and Gold at some point) and Sweet Melody being their biggest song in years plus The Search doing well and apparently being renewed for a second season, itís been a pretty incredible turnaround for them. I think their Secret Love Song performance and their Touch (At Home) performances FINALLY shut up those who claimed they couldnít sing and now it seems like Jesy leaving is probably one of the biggest entertainment stories of the year.

I feel like they were always known as that X Factor band for years and now itís like theyíre genuinely the female version of Take That and will forever be in the same bracket as the Spice Girls for their success in the UK?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Coldman
post Dec 19 2020, 09:05 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 23,308
   No Gallery Pics

Well I think some of their songs will become 'classics' over the years to come, I mean you would expect that to happen for a group that has been relevant for that long. They have done well in terms of longevity of relevance, they hopefully will continue as a group despite the fact Jesy has left, and they also did well to turn things around in terms of chart performance as you say and Break Up Song was a strong single from them which deservedly did well, I wasn't such a fan of Holiday though.

This post has been edited by Road Salt Mixer: Dec 19 2020, 09:10 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th February 2021 - 08:55 AM