BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Artist News
6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Emma Bunton - 'Life in Mono', 2006 • 3rd Album
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Mr.X
post 7th February 2023, 11:58 PM
Post #81
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,587

That TV ad where the legs in the album cover move still haunts me to this day sleep.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Voodoo
post 8th February 2023, 08:45 AM
Post #82
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 5,829

QUOTE(Mr.X @ Feb 8 2023, 01:58 AM) *
That TV ad where the legs in the album cover move still haunts me to this day sleep.gif

+Quote this post
tommie
post 8th February 2023, 09:48 AM
Post #83
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 8,073

"The brand new album includes a hit single"

They knew.

+Quote this post
___∆___
post 30th May 2023, 10:26 PM
Post #84
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,155

Revisited this over the past few days following on from doing the same for ‘Free Me’ - I bough LIM when it was released along with the singles but I hardly listened to it so it’s been nice going back to appreciate it.

Definitely an album of two halves for me - song rate coming up shortly.

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 30th May 2023, 11:29 PM
Post #85
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

I LOVE A SONG RATE!! Bring it on cool.gif

+Quote this post
___∆___
post 31st May 2023, 06:33 PM
Post #86
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Have to say I absolutely love this album when listening to it on full but it kind of loses its way after such a strong opening

‘All I Need To Know’ is such a beautiful track - it didn’t deserve to flop at #65 drama.gif I guess though after that failed the label didn’t really know what to do need to try and rejuvenate the album as there were no obvious guaranteed smash hit singles waiting to be released?

All I Need To Know 10

This didn’t deserve to flop, such a beautiful song

Life In Mono 10

Feel like this could have fitted in perfectly on ‘Free Me’ too - this sound suited Emma so well

Mischievous 10

Another one that leads on perfectly from ‘Free Me’ - grown up anthemic pop

Perfect Strangers 9
He Loves Me Not 8
Wasn’t Looking (When I Found Love) 6.5
Take Me To Another Town 7
Undressing You 4
I’m Not Crying Over Yesterdays 4
All That You’ll Be 5.5
Downtown 9.5
Something Tells Me 7
Perhaps Perhaps Perhaps 5.5
Pot Favor 5.5

+Quote this post
Sideout
post 31st May 2023, 07:57 PM
Post #87
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 113,700

Secrets
Ladylike
Crazy
In Another Life
Crazy Beautiful
Midnight & Martinis

all should have made the album instead of some tracks that did

This post has been edited by Sideout: 31st May 2023, 07:58 PM

+Quote this post
sammy01
post 31st May 2023, 10:37 PM
Post #88
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,988

I listen to this more than pretty much most other solo albums. It just works as a body of work, where as most other solo albums I listen to the odd track at a time not the whole thing.

Can we please all just download a copy and get it silver asap!

+Quote this post
___∆___
post 1st June 2023, 12:07 AM
Post #89
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(sammy01 @ May 31 2023, 11:37 PM) *

Is there a sales tally for it? Criminal that it’s not a silver seller drama.gif

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 1st June 2023, 12:31 AM
Post #90
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(___∆___ @ May 31 2023, 07:33 PM) *
‘All I Need To Know’ is such a beautiful track - it didn’t deserve to flop at #65 drama.gif I guess though after that failed the label didn’t really know what to do need to try and rejuvenate the album as there were no obvious guaranteed smash hit singles waiting to be released?

All I Need To Know 10

This didn’t deserve to flop, such a beautiful song

Life In Mono 10

Feel like this could have fitted in perfectly on ‘Free Me’ too - this sound suited Emma so well

Mischievous 10

Another one that leads on perfectly from ‘Free Me’ - grown up anthemic pop

Perfect Strangers 9
He Loves Me Not 8

AGREE ON ALL OF THIS!! cheer.gif

Wasn’t Looking (When I Found Love) 6.5
Take Me To Another Town 7
Undressing You 4
I’m Not Crying Over Yesterdays 4
All That You’ll Be 5.5
Downtown 9.5
Something Tells Me 7
Perhaps Perhaps Perhaps 5.5
Pot Favor 5.5

The run from Wasnt Looking to All That You'll Be are all 9 and 10s!!

The covers can choke smoke.gif

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 1st June 2023, 12:31 AM
Post #91
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(sammy01 @ May 31 2023, 11:37 PM) *
I listen to this more than pretty much most other solo albums. It just works as a body of work, where as most other solo albums I listen to the odd track at a time not the whole thing.

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 1st June 2023, 08:19 AM
Post #92
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568

QUOTE(Mr.X @ Feb 8 2023, 12:58 AM) *

I always found that hilarious and so cute! laugh.gif

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 1st June 2023, 08:25 AM
Post #93
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(___∆___ @ Jun 1 2023, 01:07 AM) *
Is there a sales tally for it? Criminal that it’s not a silver seller drama.gif

The most recent sales tally we have is 53,918 as of 8th May 2020. So it needs to sell another 6,082 copies to reach silver status.

The closest tally to a certification in albums is Victoria though with 53,938 of her first album meaning she needs to sell another 6,062 copies to reach silver status.

Melanie B was already granted silver status for Hot despite the fact she sold less than both Emma and Victoria with 53,676.

+Quote this post
sammy01
post 1st June 2023, 09:30 AM
Post #94
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,988

I think Victoria will get the silver cert at some point as it gets more streaming (thanks to being her only album thus all her streams and This is spice girls etc from it). LIM is pretty much forgotten and has no real hits bar Downtown.

Frustrating both are so close though. They will I'm sure both be over 54k now.

+Quote this post
tommie
post 1st June 2023, 09:40 AM
Post #95
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 8,073

QUOTE(sammy01 @ Jun 1 2023, 09:30 AM) *
I think Victoria will get the silver cert at some point as it gets more streaming (thanks to being her only album thus all her streams and This is spice girls etc from it). LIM is pretty much forgotten and has no real hits bar Downtown.

Both will take a looooooooooong time to get to Silver unless they spam the market with special editions - streaming for old forgotten studio albums are negligible (hell, even for albums like Spice World they don't amount to much!); they would probably have more trickle sales by just putting a vinyl out there in shops.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 1st June 2023, 10:00 AM
Post #96
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

'Take Me to Another Town' was there, but I think the album was dead on arrival really with the strategy they used - releasing it off the back of a shoddy CIN cover at the height of Q4.

Maybe they should've actually used that song as the CIN single, then released the album early the next year after a second single (a different track stronger than anything else on this album?)... and then used 'All I Need to Know' as the ballad to help sell the album in spring.

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 1st June 2023, 11:32 AM
Post #97
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Jessie Where @ Jun 1 2023, 11:00 AM) *
'Take Me to Another Town' was there, but I think the album was dead on arrival really with the strategy they used - releasing it off the back of a shoddy CIN cover at the height of Q4.

Maybe they should've actually used that song as the CIN single, then released the album early the next year after a second single (a different track stronger than anything else on this album?)... and then used 'All I Need to Know' as the ballad to help sell the album in spring.

Yeah this was a terrible move by Simon and Emma. Releasing the album of the back of a CIN cover single, while Emma was on Strictly was quite a bad move...

They should have just ridden the CIN and Strictly vibe with Downtown and then release Take Me To Another Town and All That You'll Be later in 2007, with the album following those. It would have most certainly been better in terms of charts positions but also in terms of actual visibility for the album itself.

I guess after the album managed only #60 in the charts and then All I Need to Know only managing #65, it really was a kick in the teeth for her and the record label... But also, she got pregnant and the campaign stopped, perhaps too abruptly..

She really went from being everywhere in November/December 2006, to virtually no presence or promo in January/February 2007... it was quite the whiplash if you ask me, to be a fan at the time dry.gif

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 1st June 2023, 12:16 PM
Post #98
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Mr.X @ Jun 1 2023, 12:32 PM) *
Yeah this was a terrible move by Simon and Emma. Releasing the album of the back of a CIN cover single, while Emma was on Strictly was quite a bad move...

They should have just ridden the CIN and Strictly vibe with Downtown and then release Take Me To Another Town and All That You'll Be later in 2007, with the album following those. It would have most certainly been better in terms of charts positions but also in terms of actual visibility for the album itself.

I guess after the album managed only #60 in the charts and then All I Need to Know only managing #65, it really was a kick in the teeth for her and the record label... But also, she got pregnant and the campaign stopped, perhaps too abruptly..

She really went from being everywhere in November/December 2006, to virtually no presence or promo in January/February 2007... it was quite the whiplash if you ask me, to be a fan at the time dry.gif

I can see why they released in December off the back of Downtown as she had maximum exposure with Strictly and CIN so in theory was the perfect time to release. While it did result in a low chart position she clearly benefited from the high sales market of the time and undoubtably would not have sold as much otherwise if released in Jan / Feb under another single, she however very likely would have charted higher but sales obviously outrank chart position.

I could see her performing similar to Beautiful Intentions if she had waited and released in Jan / Feb with Take me to another town, a top 40 album chart position with between 20-30k sales but with TMTAT charting much better than AINTK possibly top 20 with the right promo and radio play.

In all honesty, as much as I adore AINTK, it's truly a stunning song, it was such a BAD single choice. It takes a few listens to really appreciate the beauty of the song and none of the girls could afford that, they needed instant catchy tunes that would grab the listener on first play. Take me to another town was the obvious release, it was basically the 'maybe' of that album although nowhere near as good. And therein lies the problem nothing on LIM is as good as Free Me, it's a decent album but suffers from coming after a brilliant one.

+Quote this post
___∆___
post 1st June 2023, 12:24 PM
Post #99
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(spiceboy @ Jun 1 2023, 09:25 AM) *
The most recent sales tally we have is 53,918 as of 8th May 2020. So it needs to sell another 6,082 copies to reach silver status.

The closest tally to a certification in albums is Victoria though with 53,938 of her first album meaning she needs to sell another 6,062 copies to reach silver status.

Melanie B was already granted silver status for Hot despite the fact she sold less than both Emma and Victoria with 53,676.

I always thought VB got certified silver on shipments? I remember Mel B getting certified even though it entered at #28 kink.gif

They are so close to silver but ultimately SO far as trickle sales/streaming for these albums will be minimal - LIM coming for silver in 2053 drama.gif

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 1st June 2023, 12:33 PM
Post #100
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(___∆___ @ Jun 1 2023, 01:24 PM) *
I always thought VB got certified silver on shipments? I remember Mel B getting certified even though it entered at #28 kink.gif

They are so close to silver but ultimately SO far as trickle sales/streaming for these albums will be minimal - LIM coming for silver in 2053 drama.gif

No I don't think she did, just Mel B. Not sure if rules were changed by this point to sales rather than shipments?

+Quote this post

6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 11th June 2024, 03:48 AM