BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Albums to suit a mood, Tell us about your albums of choice...
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
dandy*
post Jan 6 2021, 12:46 PM
Post #1
Mansonette
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 54
   No Gallery Pics

I'm currently sat listening to the above album as it is one of my go to albums when I need to relax. I'm not usually a huge fan of country music but I have a lot of respect for Emmylou Harris and the way she helped to modernise country music in the 90s. For an artist that was very well established as a country star, it was quite a departure for her to make an album with such a mellow feel to it, removing (or I should possibly say adapting) the traditional country guitars from that dated twangy sound to something so intimate and personal. The production is just gorgeous and her style of vocals in her later period are just so emotive and distinctive, it's one of those rare occurrences where I've ended up loving something that my dad used to listen to first. If you're ever interested in listening to something that has that warm and timeless feeling that the most recent Taylor Swift albums have then I'd whole heartedly recommend this to you.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Popchartfreak
post Jan 9 2021, 05:40 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 17,376
   No Gallery Pics

Wrecking Ball is a great album, one I bought back in the 90's - back then we had a country music video station and I dipped into it for interesting stuff like this one, the wonderful Bluegrass of Alison Krauss, brilliant I Am Shelby Lynn (still one of my all-time fave albums) and a little-know act called Iris De Ment. Emmylou Harris' producer was Daniel Lanois, who did some great work across genres - collaborating with Eno on U2's Joshua Tree, Peter Gabriel's So, Brandon Flowers' Flamingo, Killer's Battle Born. Great sense of "space" in his work, even full-tilt anthems.

Mood music is everything to me, late night totally want a different genre of music to afternoon boogie.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th January 2021 - 03:22 AM