BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A (covid) Community Announcement, From your Mod team x
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Quarantilas
post Feb 9 2021, 05:17 PM
Post #1
Queen of Soon
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 3,474

Hi everyone!

I think we can all agree that 2020 was a bit of a shit year for most, if not all, of us. We are determined not to take that energy much further into 2021 (January 2021 was basically the 13th month of 2020, so we don't count it).

The moderators have decided that, for the remainder of 2021, we will be allowing both Lee and Wardy to return to participating in BJSC. We have decided to do this because the world outside our front doors is hectic and crap and we could all do with a little joy and escapism. We know all too well just how much joy and a needed break from the hectic world that BJSC can bring and it is in that spirit that we have decided to allow both of these nations back into the fold. We haven't taken this decision lightly, as management can attest there has been quite a detailed discussion on this, and in making this decision we aren't just casting aside the circumstances that lead to a permaban. We felt that the prevailing world circumstances meant that we could give these guys a second chance and we hope that you will too, even if you do not agree with our decision.

Now, this isn't without a myriad of terms and conditions that will remain between Lee & the BJSC mods and Wardy & the BJSC mods (ok, and mgmt too). However, there is one that we will share with everyone and that is that the BJSC Moderators have decided that both will be permanently barred from hosting any BJSC Main Contest or Spin-Off, acting as a co-host or providing any form of assistance to a host, even informally. Should either win, the BJSC rules for a winner declining to host will kick in automatically.

This isn't us scrapping the concept of a permaban or setting a precedent (because god willing we won't see another global pandemic in our lifetimes that prompt the same set of external circumstances). This is a one-off, one-time covid gesture. At the end of the year, we will decide if we will retroactively amend their permanent bans into a ban of X contests. This would allow them to return without strings (except the hosting ban, which will remain).

On an entirely unrelated subject *cough*, a quick note about vote tampering and coercion. If someone tries to coerce you into changing your votes, or ranking them higher than you believe they merit or just straight up changes your vote* - you are to come to a BJSC moderator immediately. We will keep your report anonymous, even from the rest of the mod team.

(*we don't mean an innocent mistype by a host keying in results by accidentally putting your 1 point on the wrong row. shit happens, this is why we publish scoreboards)

We understand that everyone is going to have a lot of *feels* about this and so we will leave this post open. That having been said, like the decision to implement a permaban in the first place this is not a debate topic and our decision is final. It is not fair on either party, or anyone else in the future, to have decisions like this taken in the court of public opinion. We have agonised over this decision for quite a while before making it and trust us when we say that we have gone through the for/against arguments before ultimately deciding that this is the right course of action.

You of course have the right not to agree with us, and to let us know about that as strongly as you would like. We will always welcome that, which is why this is not a post&lock&hide job, and we welcome the opportunity to clarify further our reasoning for doing this.

With all our love,

Bré, Lex, Phil & Rob
Your BJSC Moderating Team
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TheSnake
post Feb 9 2021, 05:21 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 23,308
   No Gallery Pics

Omg Zanmatony is back, the dance bloc is complete again!

And whatever Lee's country was called is back too of course.....

This post has been edited by ElevenSnake: Feb 9 2021, 05:27 PM

+Quote Post
jAddy!
post Feb 9 2021, 05:27 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 2,666

omg sob.gif

I swear this is the best news of 2021 wub.gif

so happy for both Andrew and Lee cheer.gif now bring us the bops dance.gif

Thanks to mods as well for considering and making this decision <3

+Quote Post
gooddelta
post Feb 9 2021, 05:31 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Idol
Member No.: 116

I think this is a good move. Not excusing what happened at all but 2015 is essentially another lifetime ago (pre-Brexit/Covid/Trump etc) and people grow up and move on and deserve another chance. Both were good countries musically back in the day and I look forward to hearing what they have up their sleeves.

+Quote Post
Jade
post Feb 9 2021, 05:31 PM
Post #5
jerd
Group: Buzzjack's Sweetheart
Member No.: 12,810

Oh wow I never thought I'd see this day ohmy.gif happy to have both back in the fold and the hosting ban seems like a good compromise.

+Quote Post
Klumzee
post Feb 9 2021, 05:35 PM
Post #6
#TeamAnneMarie
Member No.: 11,421

Not something that was on my mind at all but I welcome the decisions on both! It's been significant enough time since both incidences, lessons have been learned and the fact that neither can host in any form means that not much damage could be done without the assistance of others!

Welcome back Lee and Wardy cheer.gif

+Quote Post
dandy*
post Feb 9 2021, 05:39 PM
Post #7
Mansonette
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 54
   No Gallery Pics

I'm glad to see a positive reaction... kindness wins happy.gif

+Quote Post
Dill Doe
post Feb 9 2021, 05:39 PM
Post #8
Buffy/Charmed
Member No.: 18,639
   No Gallery Pics

FINALLY!!!!!!!!! cheer.gif cheer.gif

I guess it's never really over cheeseblock.png

Also on a personal note, neither country has ever shown Beaverdoniaism ... unlike MANY cheeseblock.png

+Quote Post
lotita
post Feb 9 2021, 05:40 PM
Post #9
feminist icon (she/her)
Group: Site Empress
Member No.: 21,777
   No Gallery Pics

Welcome back guys biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Klumzee
post Feb 9 2021, 05:41 PM
Post #10
#TeamAnneMarie
Member No.: 11,421

QUOTE(lotita @ Feb 9 2021, 05:40 PM) *
Welcome back guys biggrin.gif

welcome back? you need to compete first before welcoming back lotting.png

Will Pupok be gracing us for 132?

+Quote Post
dan::G
post Feb 9 2021, 05:42 PM
Post #11
◢ ◤
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

ooh this is good news and in my contest as well !

very pleased to see Zanmatony unbanned in particular as their offence wasn't as severe as Aquafina's so didn't warrant the same punishment.

+Quote Post
✖ leww ✖
post Feb 9 2021, 05:43 PM
Post #12
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
Member No.: 9,403

Welcome back both! It looks like the mods have had to think hard about the provisions to put in place so hopefully it all works out, I know Wardy particularly has really gone out of his way to prove himself since. I guess you can't have one without the other and the clause about hosting would help in Lee's case, as long as he isn't organising stuff in the background again!!!

+Quote Post
Oliver
post Feb 9 2021, 05:46 PM
Post #13
Buzzjack's Finest Alcoholic.
Member No.: 15,367

I didn't even realise Andrew was permanently banned, what did I miss? laugh.gif

Welcome back though, I really enjoyed Lee's entries!

+Quote Post
Dill Doe
post Feb 9 2021, 05:49 PM
Post #14
Buffy/Charmed
Member No.: 18,639
   No Gallery Pics

Hosting bans seem fair, and it's not like either will be winning again for a while . Their sound will be irrelevant for some time, until they catch up to the main BJSC zeitgeist again.

+Quote Post
Klaus
post Feb 9 2021, 05:54 PM
Post #15
wtf are perfect places
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

+Quote Post
King Rollo
post Feb 9 2021, 06:12 PM
Post #16
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 23,961
   No Gallery Pics

I thought someone had mentioned that Last Dreamer (previously known as Good Old Days) was also banned or have I got that wrong?

+Quote Post
dan::G
post Feb 9 2021, 06:14 PM
Post #17
◢ ◤
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

I don't recall him getting banned? I think he just lost interest after getting 3 points in the semi of the one contest he was in.

+Quote Post
Bré
post Feb 9 2021, 06:15 PM
Post #18
brer
Member No.: 8,300

QUOTE(King Rollo @ Feb 9 2021, 06:12 PM) *
I thought someone had mentioned that Last Dreamer (previously known as Good Old Days) was also banned or have I got that wrong?

His account (which he used to enter BJSC once) was banned from BuzzJack. I'm not sure if MGMT consciously decided to allow him to return on a new account or if he's just been ban evading in the open since then.

+Quote Post
k👠th
post Feb 9 2021, 06:15 PM
Post #19
tidal certified artist
Member No.: 6,764

Welcome back hunties! Stream Kath

+Quote Post
Roba~
post Feb 9 2021, 06:16 PM
Post #20
So you press play and I record
Member No.: 3,804
   No Gallery Pics

Welcome back guys. Lee was banned around the time I joined so it'll be nice to hopefully vote for his entries and Wardy as well!

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th April 2021 - 10:54 PM