BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Father | Awards Contender, Starring: Anthony Hopkins & Olivia Colman
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Tafty
post Apr 4 2021, 12:05 AM
Post #1
I found the love, I found the love in me
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 5,042

Anthony Hopkins is the clear favourite to win the Best Leading Actor award at the Oscars for this.

"A man refuses all assistance from his daughter as he ages. As he tries to make sense of his changing circumstances, he begins to doubt his loved ones, his own mind and even the fabric of his reality."

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tafty
post Apr 4 2021, 12:12 AM
Post #2
I found the love, I found the love in me
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 5,042

I watched this earlier today and WOW. Incredibly powerful, raw and emotional. I was expecting one of those dramas that was award-baity but for whatever reason didn't really "click" for me so I'd end up giving it a 2.5 or 3 out of 5 (on my Letterboxd) or something. But this was so much more than being a generic drama.

Anthony Hopkins... just as you think he couldn't possibly give yet another "career defining performance" and he does this!? Just magnificent. Olivia Colman is absolutely PERFECT in this too. I'm genuinely stunned at how much I loved this when I was expecting it to be just bland and generic... Highly recommend! Brilliant.

+Quote Post
Nightcrawler
post Apr 4 2021, 09:19 AM
Post #3
All I need is the air I breathe and a place to rest my head.
Group: Members
Member No.: 1,109

I really want to see this but didn't know it was out yet. Where did you watch it, Jonjo?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2021 - 07:35 AM