BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Artist News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Your favourite Spice Girls/Solo Remixes
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
-Jay-
post May 26 2021, 12:52 AM
Post #1
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 3,217

Tell us your faves! cheer.gif

Spice Girls

I've always had a soft spot for the Vocal Slam remix of Wannabe. It's just so incredibly 90s sounding.

The Morales Edit of Who Do You Think You Are is one of their very best! The full length is too long for my tastes (over 9 minutes!) so the edit is the sweet spot for me.

Spice Up Your Life (Morales Radio Mix) - bopppp! I loved it being used for the 2019 tour.

I've always liked the chill vibes of Too Much - Soulshock and Karlin Remix.

Morales always did great work for the Spice Girls and Stop was no exception! Again, I prefer the edit over the full length version.

Themis Ethnic Latino Ambient Mix of Viva Forever is s t u n n i n g and I'm amazed that they decided not to commercially release it.

The Orchestral versions of their Christmas #1s are all beautiful, but I think my favourite of these is Goodbye.

Thunderpuss and Jonathan Peters Radio Edits of Tell Me Why are both enjoyable... I feel like Jonathan Peters' version aged a bit better.

Solo

I'm less familiar with the solo remixes, but Geri Halliwell - Lift Me Up (Metro Edit) is one of my major favourites, it's great! The Hex Hector remix of I Turn to You was transformative and is one of the best solo singles imo.

I'd love to see some solo remix recommendations, there are a LOT and I never feel much motivation to check them all out...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mr.X
post May 26 2021, 01:34 AM
Post #2
BuzzJack Gold Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 39,587
   No Gallery Pics

Oohhhh to be honest I never was a remix guy with the Spices but sometimes they really hit the spot!

Shout out also to the Men At Work remixes for Holler. So totally different, almost like new songs. The first time I heard them I was a bit thrown off cos the style was so drastically different, but now I think they are great fun! Same with the Say You'll Be There Junior Main Pass mix.

The remixes to Tell Me Why are probably their best ever. I also really like the Themis Ethnic Latino Ambient Mix of Viva Forever, just glorious.

Solo wise, I think the latino mix of Maybe is perfection. Almost as good as the original, and so different, well produced and sang. Kind of wish she had performed it back in the day.

Victoria's Not Such An Innocent Girl mix with MC RB and Mel B's Feels So Good with Know ?uestion is also amazing!!

Melanie C's I Turn To You is a cute girl for her time and that's all I gotta say about that other than I have good taste thank you for coming to my Mr.X TED talk cool.gif

+Quote Post
Feel_The_Fever
post May 27 2021, 08:37 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Idol
Member No.: 845
   No Gallery Pics

Im not a remix fan in general but i did like the single remix of Mel C I turn to you,

+Quote Post
Spice Girls Net
post May 27 2021, 08:59 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 64,815
   No Gallery Pics

Iíve always loved the SYBT Spice of life mix

+Quote Post
isanka
post Jun 4 2021, 11:56 AM
Post #5
BuzzJack Regular
Member No.: 88,486

Some i really enjoy
- "Better Alone" (Pop Mix)
- "Understand" (Alternate Version)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th June 2021 - 12:48 AM