BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)
If you have forgotten your password and a recovery email has not arrived, please click here to send us an email.

Latest Artist News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> How Madonna References Classic Films
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Liam.k.
post 24th June 2021, 03:28 AM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472

Fascinating insight here! Really interesting to not only see the references identified but see some exploration as to why they may have been used. As the end of the video concludes, it definitely shows that there's a lot of thought put into Madonna's music and she doesn't just do things for shock value only.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 27th June 2021, 04:42 PM
Post #2
Group icon
User: 13,007

Love stuff like this, thanks for sharing! Watching through it now biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Hotlady
post 27th June 2021, 05:47 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 4,586

I really love it. Thank you so much for sharing. I can't wait to watch.

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 27th June 2021, 07:38 PM
Post #4
Group icon
User: 13,007

I watched it all and found it fascinating. Informative, with references I didn't know about before and great attention to detail. I didn't realise quite how influenced she has been by 20s cinema! If there's anything else similar, please keep sharing.

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 1st July 2021, 04:38 AM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472

QUOTE(HausofArgento @ Jun 27 2021, 08:38 PM) *
I watched it all and found it fascinating. Informative, with references I didn't know about before and great attention to detail. I didn't realise quite how influenced she has been by 20s cinema! If there's anything else similar, please keep sharing.

I thought you might like this! I know how much you love film and cinematography. Definitely check out the rest of the channel if you haven't already!

I've definitely picked up on more references in Madonna's work since watching the video. Marilyn's image is very closely linked with Madonna's but it seems she's been far more influenced by Dietrich - I always thought Madonna's 'Sooner of Later' performance at the Academy Awards was inspired by the former but it appears to be the latter:

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th July 2024, 03:15 AM