BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> JLS - 2.0, 5th album | 3rd December 2021
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
ThePensmith
post Sep 3 2021, 04:59 AM
Post #1
Group icon
They've had the very Tunnocks, Mary
User: 13,208
Loving the single - It is exactly what you would hope new stuff from them would sound like from them whilst still bringing it up to date. Very glad they worked with Steve Mac again.

The album was also confirmed at midnight last night - that's called JLS 2.0 and is out on December 3rd. An array of formats including coloured vinyl and cassettes in each of their colours is up for pre-order on their website now:

https://jls.tmstor.es/

JLS have announced the release of their brand new album ‘2.0’, the multi-award winning boy band’s first body of work to be released in over 8 years.

The album features an all-star array of musical heavyweights with Steve Mac, Wayne Hector, TMS and Lost Boy all credited. Written, recorded and produced entirely in lockdown, as well as ‘2.0’ marking a new musical chapter and sound for the band, the record also makes nod to their beginnings as Steve Mac who produced their number one debut single ‘Beat Again’ teamed up with Ed Sheeran especially to write ‘Eternal Love’, the first single from the new album.

Speaking on the new album, JLS said: “Being back after so long has made us appreciate just how much we’ve missed singing and performing together. ‘2.0’ is a continuation of the feel good energy we’ve always been about. Music is and always will be in our DNA, the chemistry we have as a band is unique and we’re looking forward to our new chapter - 2.0. It feels good to be back”.

1. Eternal Love
2. Postcard
3. Priceless
4. Changed
5. Audition
6. Love Immortal
7. Looking At Me
8. Nothing Without U
9. Feel Your Love
10. Day One
11. Glow
12. Tango
13. DNA
14. Eternal Love (Luca Schreiner Remix)

I believe they're meant to be on The One Show on BBC One this evening?
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
WhoOdyssey
post Sep 3 2021, 06:36 AM
Post #2
Group icon
A dead mouse (from my cat)
User: 67,771
With the release of lead single 'Eternal Love', JLS have finally announced their long-awaited fifth album '2.0' which will be released on December 3rd! There are lots of versions/bundles that can be pre-ordered: https://jls.tmstor.es/?lf=b79b4548f20dd36bdce6212c8b738149

Tracklisting:

1. Eternal Love
2. Postcard
3. Priceless
4. Changed
5. Audition
6. Love Immortal
7. Looking At Me
8. Nothing Without U
9. Feel Your Love
10. Day One
11. Glow
12. Tango
13. DNA
14. Eternal Love (Luca Schreiner Remix)

+Quote this post
Yobnedor
post Sep 3 2021, 06:52 AM
Post #3
Group icon
Perfectly Pop
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 3,033
I hope they have an album bundle which focuses on all 4/standard vinyl! I don’t want to have to pick a colour/member!

+Quote this post
ThePensmith
post Sep 3 2021, 10:29 AM
Post #4
Group icon
HMV have got what looks to be a silver vinyl up for pre-order: https://store.hmv.com/store/music/vinyl/2-0

I've ordered the yellow one from their store cause when they used to do slipcases for the albums back in the day I always got JB's ones - so maintaining that continuity on vinyl ☺️

+Quote this post
ThePensmith
post Sep 29 2021, 06:07 AM
Post #5
Group icon
"Day One" is released as an Instant Grat this Friday:

+Quote this post
Sean.
post Sep 29 2021, 07:10 AM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 134,991
Like the new single but that does not sound great, will see on Friday though as previews can be deceiving.

+Quote this post
tommie
post Sep 29 2021, 07:43 AM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 8,073
Ooof. Releasing in December might be a mistake. I'm not sure the higher sales will be worth it if they end up going in at #23 or something. They probably should've released it in a quiet period where they could have a chance at going top three.

This is starting to reek of Studio 1.

This post has been edited by tommie: Sep 29 2021, 07:44 AM

+Quote this post
Cameron
post Oct 1 2021, 05:37 AM
Post #8
Group icon
THE BLAZE *.*
User: 18,061
Day One is a BOP!!!

+Quote this post
JulianNial
post Oct 1 2021, 09:10 AM
Post #9
Group icon
Julian Nial
User: 18,454
I thought they did a double release but turns out 'Power' ain't actually them,, Day One is good though.

+Quote this post
ThePensmith
post Oct 4 2021, 02:33 PM
Post #10
Group icon
"Day One" is wicked, love the old school disco feel of it!

In slightly less better news a shitstorm of epic proportions has kicked off on Twitter this morning for those who've booked Meet and Greet for their tour.

Basically it's still going ahead but because of restrictions / no restrictions / whatever the halfway house set up is because of the Government's incompetency now, the Meet and Greet is them on the stage with your photo taken with them stood away from the stage, almost as if you are stood in front of a National Trust portrait. Oh and a fan Q&A thing but no guarantee the question you submit will actually get answered.

I get that this isn't their fault and their hands are probably tied because of a lack of clear directions from higher up as to what is / isn't going ahead, nor is their situation unique as I know Steps for instance have said M&Gs on their tour will be socially distanced.

But make it make sense if you're allowing full capacity in an arena and only people who are double jabbed / proof of negative PCR test but not allowing a Meet and Greet to be actually, y'know, what it says on the tin? McFly from what I read still managed to find a way to make theirs work on their tour which finished last week.

I've decided to cut my losses and request a refund, I could do it anyway cause it was already rescheduled but there's no point if it's not as advertised. I get that people are still being cautious at this time and rightly so, I'm double jabbed and I'm still wearing my mask in all places I need to. But when if ever are experiences like going to gigs or Meet and Greets ever going to be able to be fully enjoyed again?

+Quote this post
shadow2009
post Oct 4 2021, 02:36 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,059
On one hand I do understand that artists need to be cautious as they're bound to be surrounded by people every day (fans mobbing them everywhere they go) but I also feel like it's a very easy 'excuse' for them to pocket some extra money and do the bare minimum.

+Quote this post
ThePensmith
post Oct 5 2021, 03:20 PM
Post #12
Group icon
I've had my refund back from See Tickets this morning. Not been this gutted about having to cancel a show since I missed seeing Pharrell Williams in 2014 because of tonsillitis.

But fundamentally I wasn't gonna get what I paid for and I didn't want my experience meeting them ruined.

I just hope against hope that the album does well enough now that they can tour again either next year or 2023. Seriously, f*** COVID, and f*** this year sad.gif

+Quote this post
ThePensmith
post Nov 4 2021, 09:41 AM
Post #13
Group icon
Acoustic video for "Day One" now out on YouTube:

Also confirmed for Day 2 of Capital FM Jingle Bell Ball which is back on this year:

+Quote this post
ThePensmith
post Nov 5 2021, 02:31 PM
Post #14
Group icon
Second single is "Postcard" and is out on Tuesday next week - they confirmed it in a quite genius way at their O2 show last night:

They've all collectively said that this is their favourite song on the album and it's the one that stood out from the snippets on their teaser sampler so look forward to hearing it.

This post has been edited by ThePensmith: Nov 7 2021, 06:04 PM

+Quote this post
ThePensmith
post Nov 8 2021, 12:25 PM
Post #15
Group icon
Zoe Ball will take the first play of "Postcard" tomorrow on Radio 2 at 7:45am:

+Quote this post
ThePensmith
post Nov 8 2021, 05:31 PM
Post #16
Group icon
Just had an email from Spotify - they are selling a limited "test pressing" version of the vinyl with a different cover limited to 200 copies: https://jls.lnk.to/SpotifyFanFirstEM

+Quote this post
Billy.
post Nov 9 2021, 08:32 AM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 10,095
I love Postcard, everything from them this time around has been so so good. I lost interest in them towards the end of their first run but this is their best era music wise since the debut I think.

+Quote this post
ThePensmith
post Nov 9 2021, 03:39 PM
Post #18
Group icon
I can quite see why they said this is their favourite on the album - it's got more of an "Evolution" era vibe to it (and that was my favourite album of theirs) and I found myself with it on repeat for a solid two hours this morning!

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post Nov 11 2021, 03:49 PM
Post #19
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51
'Eternal Love' is way better, this is actually quite annoying.

+Quote this post
Yobnedor
post Nov 11 2021, 06:33 PM
Post #20
Group icon
Perfectly Pop
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 3,033
Eternal Love > Day One > Postcard so far.

+Quote this post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 05:47 AM