BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
14 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> The Wanted - Most Wanted: The Greatest Hits, 12th November
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
ThePensmith
post Sep 8 2021, 10:39 AM
Post #1
Group icon
They've had the very Tunnocks, Mary
User: 13,208

They're back and are performing at the concert Tom's organising at the Royal Albert Hall to raise money for Stand Up to Cancer and the National Brain Appeal. This was on the email I got just now:

WE WERE ON A BREAK!

This is the email, the email your ex sends 7 years later. Telling you we’ve grown, we’ve matured, we had some time to think, and we realised something. We’re nothing without you baby!

Hello you. so as you may have suspected… us 5 have had the preliminary phone calls, the WhatsApp chat started popping off again. Next thing we knew we were doing secret photoshoots and we’ve been back in the studio together again.

Many of you will have some idea about what our lives have looked like over the past few years, but the most important thing is that Nathan grew his hair out, and it’s f*@%ing glorious.

Let us take a second to thank you for letting us make music for you back in the day, we grew up in front of you, and you grew up in front of us. We made some truly unforgettable memories, and forgot loads of them. Just like tattoos and babies; some of them you love deeply, some of them you live to regret. (Clearly Tom didn’t write this paragraph lol)

We hope that wherever you are, and whatever you are up to right now, you are happy. And if not, choose happy! Spend time with someone who makes you laugh, listen to music that makes you feel, eat something you love, and do. not. feel. guilty.

More news will follow right here, so we’re glad you’ve kept the same email for 10 years... tragic!

Remember, CHOOSE HAPPY EVERY SINGLE DAY.

and Happy #WantedWednesday kids.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
-0-0
post Sep 8 2021, 10:47 AM
Post #2
Group icon
🙄
User: 10,643
that photoshop omfg

+Quote this post
WhoOdyssey
post Sep 8 2021, 11:28 AM
Post #3
Group icon
A dead mouse (from my cat)
User: 67,771
A little surprising, but great news! New music has been confirmed for it smile.gif

There's no tracklisting yet, but the press release has this:

Most Wanted-The Greatest Hits is a collection of all the bands huge worldwide hits, many of which written by the lads themselves. The bands catalogue contains pop masterpieces including the Number 1 Singles “All Time Low” and “Glad You Came”, the 2010 Comic Relief single “Gold Forever”, the theme song from the 2012 movie Ice Age: Continental Drift, “Chasing The Sun” and the soaring ballad “Heart Vacancy”. The collection also includes the hits “Lightning”, “Lose my Mind”, “We Own The Night”, “Walks Like Rihanna”, “I Found You”, “Warzone”, “Show Me Love” and the fan favourite “Could This Be Love”.

+Quote this post
ThePensmith
post Sep 8 2021, 11:48 AM
Post #4
Group icon
It is lovely as well that they're doing it following Tom's diagnosis for his brain tumour, when he announced this concert on his socials a few weeks ago I had a feeling there'd be a reunion in the pipeline.

Gives him something to look forward to and feel positive about, and in a week where we've lost Sarah Harding to such a cruel and preventable disease it makes you realise what's important. Also "All Time Low" and "Glad You Came" were both bangers 👍

+Quote this post
LMFan
post Sep 8 2021, 12:21 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 948
Yes!! Finally!! The wanted released so many bangers back in the day. Not one of their singles I didn’t love. Looking forward to it and great for Tom too especially following the tragic news about Sarah Harding this week.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post Sep 8 2021, 01:00 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51
Look at them taking inspiration from Hilary Duff!!!!

Are all 5 of them promoting this and touring it? ohmy.gif I imagine that'd probably be quite gruelling for Tom at the moment given the intensive treatment he's undergoing.

Anyway, I really loved them (aside from a few of the later singles) so I'm excited for this!

+Quote this post
Lukuzz
post Sep 8 2021, 01:34 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Paradise With Ice Cream Skies♥
User: 1,209
Yes buzzing for this they have always been my favourite boyband and I agree with toms diagnosis and recent passing of Sarah life’s too short will be nice for them to do this even if it’s the last thing they ever do as a 5 piece

+Quote this post
Lukuzz
post Sep 8 2021, 01:35 PM
Post #8
Group icon
Paradise With Ice Cream Skies♥
User: 1,209
QUOTE(Tawdry Hepburn @ Sep 8 2021, 02:00 PM) *
Look at them taking inspiration from Hilary Duff!!!!

Are all 5 of them promoting this and touring it? ohmy.gif I imagine that'd probably be quite gruelling for Tom at the moment given the intensive treatment he's undergoing.

Anyway, I really loved them (aside from a few of the later singles) so I'm excited for this!

I think they’ve just announced 1 date for live performance at the minute I can’t imagine them adding many more under the circumstances.

+Quote this post
Nina West
post Sep 8 2021, 02:01 PM
Post #9
Group icon
We're all Glitter and Tears in the Moonlight...
User: 19,846
Used to love them back in the day "All Time Low", "Glad You Came" & "Chasing The Sun" were fantastic bops, but after the dreadful 'Walks Like Rihanna' - they totally lost me, but still excited to hear the new stuff & revisit some of their previous hits.

The 'Greatest Hits' tracklist could look like this with new tracks included =

1. All Time Low
2. Glad You Came
3. Gold Forever
4. Chasing The Sun
5. Heart Vacancy
6. Lightning
7. Lose My Mind
8. We Own the Night
9. Walks Like Rihanna
10. I Found You
11. Warzone
12. Show Me Love
13. Could This Be Love
14. NEW TRACK
15. NEW TRACK

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post Sep 8 2021, 02:23 PM
Post #10
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51
They really lost me from 'I Found You' onwards tbh, except for 'We Own The Night' which remains fab.

+Quote this post
Brer
post Sep 8 2021, 02:40 PM
Post #11
Group icon
I'll just stick around and do some more damage
User: 8,300
QUOTE(Nina West @ Sep 8 2021, 03:01 PM) *
The 'Greatest Hits' tracklist could look like this with new tracks included =

1. All Time Low
2. Glad You Came
3. Gold Forever
4. Chasing The Sun
5. Heart Vacancy
6. Lightning
7. Lose My Mind
8. We Own the Night
9. Walks Like Rihanna
10. I Found You
11. Warzone
12. Show Me Love
13. Could This Be Love
14. NEW TRACK
15. NEW TRACK

I'd wager it'll look exactly like that given all of those songs were confirmed to be included in the press release quoted a few posts above yours... kink.gif

+Quote this post
Smint
post Sep 8 2021, 04:20 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 124,514
I thought their last album with all those pre-album singles they became desperate like trying every style of pop possible hoping one would stick. They ended up losing their edge massively! And Rihanna doesnt even have a famous walk anyway so the theme of the single was a bit stupid!

+Quote this post
Cameron
post Sep 8 2021, 04:20 PM
Post #13
Group icon
THE BLAZE *.*
User: 18,061
Even The Wanted are back before The Saturdays ffs

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post Sep 8 2021, 04:30 PM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845
I was surprised this wasnt released when they announced the split but its good its happening, I hope it does well for them. Great focus for Tom and I did think of him when the news of Sarah Hardings passing broke as I'm sure it hit him hard but I hope beyond hope his journey can have a more positive outcome.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post Sep 8 2021, 06:29 PM
Post #15
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

Yaaas at the Walks Like Rihanna hitmakers being back *.*

Seriously though I really loved them back in the day, even during the third album era when the wheels fell of a bit. It's great that they're back to celebrate their career - they have so many great singles wub.gif Hope this does well for them.

With them and JLS being back at the same time, this feels like the beginnings of 2010s nostalgia to me!

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Sep 8 2021, 06:40 PM
Post #16
Group icon
User: 13,007
My favourite boy-band, so naturally very excited for this. Their debut album was so good and their hits post-that were great too. dance.gif

+Quote this post
slowdown73
post Sep 8 2021, 08:34 PM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 1,031
Great news - love their 2nd and 3rd album. Looking forward to hearing new material!!

+Quote this post
shadow2009
post Sep 8 2021, 08:52 PM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,059
QUOTE(Smint @ Sep 8 2021, 05:20 PM) *
I thought their last album with all those pre-album singles they became desperate like trying every style of pop possible hoping one would stick. They ended up losing their edge massively! And Rihanna doesnt even have a famous walk anyway so the theme of the single was a bit stupid!

''Walks Like Rihanna' as a title is supposed to be tongue in cheek. She obviously doesn't have a famous walk. It was about how record labels don't care about talent - 'she can't sing, she can't dance, but who cares' - and how desperate the marketing can be to sell someone to the GP. laugh.gif

+Quote this post
ThePensmith
post Sep 8 2021, 10:39 PM
Post #19
Group icon
I do agree that by the time they got to their last album they had lost their way massively compared to the first two albums. Being signed to Scooter Braun probably didn't help, too many cooks etc. I regret being quite so harsh on them at that time (I dragged them at nearly every opportunity), they've clearly all grown up a little since those days. It wasn't their fault their A&R had no clue and they ended up with the songs they did on "Word of Mouth".

+Quote this post
All★bySmashMouth
post Sep 9 2021, 05:15 AM
Post #20
Group icon
former insolent era FM11
Pronouns: he
User: 7,795
Another Greatest Hits with a deluxe edition... Why is a deluxe edition even a thing for Greatest Hits.

Anyway, whatever the tracklist for it, it's gonna be exciting! They have a lot of crackin' tunes! dance.gif

+Quote this post

14 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 08:54 AM