BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Texas Elementary School Shooting
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Tafty³³³
post 25th May 2022, 12:15 AM
Post #1
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

At least 15 people are dead after a mass shooting at an elementary school in Uvalde, Texas, a town of around 16,000 people 83 miles west of San Antonio.

Here's what we know so far.

- Of the dead, 14 were students and one was a teacher
- The suspect was an 18-year-old male who lived in the Uvalde area named Salvador Ramos. He is dead, and is thought to have been killed by police
- The pupils at the school were in second, third, and fourth grades, meaning they were between the ages of 7 and 10
- At least two people are in a critical condition - a 10-year-old girl and a 66-year-old woman
- Two police officers were wounded in an exchange of gunfire with the suspect, but were not seriously hurt
- The shooter's motive remains unclear
- US President Joe Biden is expected to speak about the incident tonight
(BBC News Live Update)
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 25th May 2022, 12:18 AM
Post #2
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

It's the deadliest shooting at a US grade school since Sandy Hook, almost a Decade ago.

THEY'RE ACTUAL CHILDREN FFS sad.gif

I have nieces and nephews all around their age so I'm truly thankful our gun laws are as tight as they are, but this news is absolutely devastating. It gets asked every time there is a shooting but what will it take for them to crack down on these laws over there? It's scary and insane to even think about. sad.gif

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 25th May 2022, 02:47 AM
Post #3
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895

What's insane to me is that as well as not doing anything about guns they don't do anything to make the schools safer either. Glass doors and wooden walls, did no-one read the three little pigs??

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 25th May 2022, 04:28 AM
Post #4
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929

And immediately Republicans are on the 'arm the teachers' train and Democrats are skipping straight to the end of their playbook by appealing to the alleged better nature of some of the Republican senators.

hellish country.

+Quote this post
Herbs
post 25th May 2022, 04:46 AM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 214

I don’t have words. This should never happen but continues to do so.

Those poor children who have had their lives cut short. The law in their country has failed them, just like it had failed many others

RIP to the lives lost

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 25th May 2022, 07:09 AM
Post #6
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88

Wake up America ffs. Such an amazing country but until they sort out these gun laws, it’s mad how the country values guns over children.

People have become so desensitised to it and it’s such a shame. If there’s no guns then there’s an absolute lack of these incidents. Texas is a place close to my heart- RIP to all involved and I honestly prey this reignites the movement for change that I know so many campaigners want.

+Quote this post
shadow2009
post 25th May 2022, 09:59 AM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,059

Literally spent last night reading the amount of school shootings on Wikipedia. They're happening at LEAST every MONTH!

Nothing will change. It's the same generic statements every time. People will mourn, politicians will say that something needs to change and then people will move on to the next tragedy.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 25th May 2022, 10:11 AM
Post #8
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

It angers me how the righteous Republican "pro-life" outrage never seems to extend as far as wanting to do something about the gun laws that allow this sort of thing to happen.

This post has been edited by Jessie Where: 25th May 2022, 10:12 AM

+Quote this post
Smint
post 25th May 2022, 10:22 AM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 124,514

There's absolutely zero chance of them having stricter controls on firearms in the USA. That would lead to civil war as the right to bear arms is so ingrained in some people's minds. And with the huge culture war between Republican and Democrats things are getting worse and not better.

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 25th May 2022, 07:33 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272

The number of school shootings so far this year in the US is 27, more than one per week.

+Quote this post
Smint
post 28th May 2022, 10:55 AM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

So Trump has called for MORE guns including teachers being armed to stop these shootings in futures. Where do you even begin? Surely a teacher can be overpowered by a dodgy pupil or you could have a dodgy teacher with a gun and then caranage can happen. Mind you what do you expect from the Republicans who believe that the last election was stolen from them despite absolutely zero evidence. Feels like we're living in a dangerous, alternative reality - although sadly it is very real.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 28th May 2022, 11:16 AM
Post #12
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

This is exactly why I wholeheartedly believe Trump's existence is detrimental to the human race.

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post 28th May 2022, 11:54 AM
Post #13
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232

It's always the same - Republicans argue for more guns, Democrats state their disgrace but don't/aren't able to actually do anything, empty condolences and 'thoughts and prayers' come out from figures of authority and a few minor protests, and then it's forgotten until the next one, tragic doesn't even cover it...:/

I mean it is so blatantly obvious what the problem is, and can be seen statistically from around the world in countries with tighter gun control, but then the 'Murica crew do seem to have a real problem with admitting there's actual problems in the country (outside the commie left or whatever).

Even more worrying are these reports of police inaction and delay despite calls from pupils and parents getting manhandled for persuading them to stop waiting?! Disgraceful

+Quote this post
Smint
post 28th May 2022, 12:57 PM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

Not to mention the far right conspriacy theories amplified by elected Republican politicians accusing with no base whatsoever that a trans left person did it who didn't even live in the state concerned.

+Quote this post
Steve201
post 28th May 2022, 03:52 PM
Post #15
Group icon
Shakin Stevens
User: 5,138

I seen there was a tweet earlier Greg Abbot said it could have been worse….

Well there’s a relief!

+Quote this post
Smint
post 4th July 2022, 07:56 PM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

Independence day in USA is marked with a mass shooting at a Parade in Chicago. Grim stuff. But of course gun sales will rise because of this not go down.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/20...e-highland-park

+Quote this post
Steve201
post 5th July 2022, 08:14 PM
Post #17
Group icon
Shakin Stevens
User: 5,138

Indeed and I see Ted Cruz is again tweeting asking us all to pray, yeh that’ll do the trick you pro gun idiot!

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 3rd June 2024, 06:37 AM