BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

12 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> RW - Netflix Documentary Series (2023), Robbie Williams - Netflix Documentary Series
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Sydney11
post 11th October 2022, 04:23 PM
Post #21
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 23,135

I see that the cameras were at the O2, I wonder if they were recording for Netflix unsure.gif

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Better Man
post 11th October 2022, 06:06 PM
Post #22
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 12,584

Yes, there were a lot cameras inside his dressing room during first concert as well.

+Quote this post
elisabeth1974
post 11th October 2022, 06:09 PM
Post #23
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 25,575

maybe a DVD?

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post 11th October 2022, 07:29 PM
Post #24
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(elisabeth1974 @ Oct 11 2022, 07:09 PM) *
maybe a DVD?

Not sure if they will do DVD's anymore . I was in Goden Discs this week , they sell mainly vinyl's these days & XXV was not on the shelves, they did have IBEY , shipping costs are too expensive . I am thinking more it was for the Netflix project, he did say that they were starting to film same & as family are in Europe & Ayda will be involved ,this is the time

This post has been edited by Sydney11: 11th October 2022, 08:34 PM

+Quote this post
elisabeth1974
post 11th October 2022, 07:59 PM
Post #25
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 25,575

Yo are right, Tess, despite I always hope there wold be a concert DVD like Knebworth.
Do I understand that Ayda and family will be in the documentary?

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post 11th October 2022, 08:36 PM
Post #26
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(elisabeth1974 @ Oct 11 2022, 08:59 PM) *
Yo are right, Tess, despite I always hope there wold be a concert DVD like Knebworth.
Do I understand that Ayda and family will be in the documentary?

I doubt the kids will feature, he has already hinted so . Ayda will definitely be in it & I am guessing family. Pete tweeted recently looking through a family album with a tv crew present so I am assuming it's for the series

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post 15th October 2022, 02:48 PM
Post #27
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Iv'e been watching back some of Nobody Someday, it's hard to beat as a documentary , you can really see the real Rob in there . I wonder if they will use some of the footage for the Netflix series . I thought Nobody someday was great, loved the guy who did the narration & spoke to Rob throughout .

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post 30th November 2022, 06:21 AM
Post #28
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Robbie Williams is letting us into his wild world with a new and highly personal Netflix documentary

Netflix will be giving us an inside look into the life of one of Britain’s most notable music personas. In preparation, we take a glimpse into what the documentary is set to cover and remind ourselves of the incredible history of Robbie Williams.

When it comes to British pop icons, Robbie Williams is up there with the best of them. But for all his glitz and extravagance, how well do we really know the superstar? We think we have all the facts when it comes to the singer’s Take That roots, and we’ve all definitely stood up on the table during a work party and warbled Angels at the top of our lungs into a phone doubling as a microphone.

…haven’t we? OK, moving on.

But when it comes to what we don’t know about the inner workings of Williams’s history, Netflix has us covered. The streaming giant has partnered with the singer to provide us with unprecedented access to his life and offer an insight into what made him the mighty star he is today.
In the as-yet-untitled series, we’ll follow Williams through years of media scrutiny, struggles with addiction and, of course, the Take That breakup that shook the world to its core.

Combining new interviews and footage from 25 years’ worth of media archives, the documentary will shed a light on the harsh realities of fame, a story that has followed Williams ever since he was thrust into the spotlight. The series will be executively produced by Asif Kapadia, the documentarian renowned for taking on other famous subjects in Amy, Diego Maradona and Senna.

So, just how intimate will this portrait of Williams be? Well, according to the man himself, nothing is off the table. In an interview with the New Zealand radio station Newstalk, Williams teased: “It’ll be full of sex and drugs and mental illness. I’m more likely than most people to leave everything in. I very rarely, if ever, have said, ‘That’s too much, take it off’. I normally think that it’s not enough.”

Williams began his musical fame as a member of the boy band Take That

Williams is certainly a man with a story to tell. Not surprising, since he’s been on the scene for decades. He began his career in 1989, the fifth member of boy band sensation Take That. Back then, though, the band was (mercifully) briefly named Kick it.

Doesn’t quite have the same ring to it, does it?

When it comes to their legacy, Take That walked so One Direction could fly. They became immensely popular after a string of hits in the late 90s, skyrocketing them to fame. Robbie was the band’s quintessential ‘bad boy’, and fans were devastated when it was announced that he would be leaving the band in 1995. He would then go on to start a solo career that gave his name musical immortality. In 1997, Williams released Angels, a single that would become and remain his bestselling single of all time.

But if there’s one thing we’re dying to see, it’s a better look at the creation of his most controversial music video to date, Rock DJ. The unforgettable video was released in 2000 and focused on Williams dancing centre stage in front of a crowd of nonplussed women. He continues to strip down until he is fresh out of clothes, at which point he begins to remove his own flesh. It was a shocking thing to see in a mainstream video, and many music networks, including MTV, chose to end the video before things got really gruesome.

Over the years, Williams would go on to expand his musical repertoire with big band sounds with the Swing When You’re Winning album, reach out into new business ventures (including starting a football club during his time living in Los Angeles) and breaking records with his Close Encounters tour, where he sold 1.6 million tickets in a single day. He would even briefly reunite with the original members of Take That in 2010, much to the delight of fans.

Williams has since had a highly successful solo career, with best-selling singles and record-breaking tours

Robbie Williams has not been without his troubles, with drug addiction complicating his life from a young age and almost harming his career after his swift exit from Take That, the star was also haunted by alcoholism and struggles with depression. But Williams has remained open about his mental health trials, even saying that he’d like to make a documentary focusing on the dark side of fame and fortune in an interview with Rolling Stone.

“I’m sure that in five or 10 years’ time, if you sit down with One Direction, to a man, they’re all going to have their -isms that have been caused by this machine,” he said. “I want to do a documentary about it. Maybe we should do it together. About boy bands and girl bands and what really happens. Why fame does that to you.” It’s clear that Robbie Williams is just as keen to share the intricate details of his adventurous and ever-changing world as we are to hear about it. Williams epitomises what it means to be a star, and if anyone has an insight into the muddled and chaotic world of the music industry and how that can impact a person, it’s him.

The documentary, sadly, isn’t due to hit Netflix until 2023, but until then, catch us listening to Rock DJ on repeat.

https://www.stylist.co.uk/entertainment/net...umentary/738252

This post has been edited by Sydney11: 30th November 2022, 06:21 AM

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post 27th April 2023, 02:56 PM
Post #29
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

ROB'S PAIN Robbie Williams ‘refused’ to film Netflix documentary after being forced to face traumatic past and ‘mental breakdown’

ROBBIE Williams has told how difficult it was to face his traumatic past in his Netflix docuseries.

The Let Me Entertain You singer said he almost couldn't go through with filming after being forced to watch old footage of himself performing at Knebworth. The four-part Netflix show was announced last year, and an upcoming trailer reveals the pop star arriving for a meeting with one of the documentary makers.

Before sitting down in front of a laptop to comment on his legendary Knebworth Park gigs, Robbie, 49, tells them: "I'm late today because I didn't want to come. There was… more of me that I didn't want to face, I think."

Robbie is asked: "Can you tell me what lies ahead of you?" And he replies: "I'm about to watch somebody having a nervous, mental breakdown." The former hell-raiser manages to commentate on his iconic 2003 performance, and he recalls: "It’s the biggest experience of my life doing Knebworth. "The blanket of people en mass. 125,000 each night, and it was seismic. "This is the height of my career. This is the biggest thing that I've ever done. It's all ramping up to this." He goes on: "I'm experiencing a huge high. Now, the audience are incredible. Everything I'm doing is working, and there is mass adulation. Professionally, I'm riding the crest of a wave. "Everything seems to keep getting bigger and bigger and bigger.

"Bigger albums. Bigger shows, bigger lifestyle, bigger houses. I am the centre of the pop culture world at the moment." Robbie has spoken frankly over the years about the affects his career has had on his health. He told The Sunday Times Magazine in 2018: "This job is really bad for my health. It’s going to kill me. Unless I view it in a different way. “Depression sprints through my family. I don’t know if I’d be this mentally ill without fame. "I don’t think it would be as gross or as powerful if it hadn’t have been for fame."

Robbie's Netflix series will launch later this year and has been billed as "an unfiltered" rolleyes.gif , in-depth examination of a global icon and natural-born-entertainer who had to navigate the highs and lows of being in the limelight for more than 30 years."

As well as that, his movie biopic ­Better Man is just around the corner, as is the Take That biopic, which he will also be portrayed in.
Greatest Days, which will follow the story of Robbie and bandmates Gary Barlow, Mark Owen, Jason Orange and Howard Donald, will be released on June 16.

https://www.thesun.ie/tv/10617014/robbie-wi...wn-documentary/

This post has been edited by Sydney11: 27th April 2023, 02:56 PM

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post 4th September 2023, 12:54 PM
Post #30
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post 4th September 2023, 04:35 PM
Post #31
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

🙌 This November 8 comes to the platform of #Netflix the documentary of #RobbieWilliams and we are more than excited 🤩🤩🤩

https://twitter.com/rwmexico

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post 4th September 2023, 04:52 PM
Post #32
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Robbie Williams Reflects on Success in Trailer for Upcoming Netflix Docuseries

Netflix has released a teaser trailer for a four-part documentary series about British pop star Robbie Williams, which is set to premiere later this year.

The documentary series, which was announced at the Edinburgh TV Festival, promises to provide an intimate glimpse at the bombastic entertainer, with director Joe Pearlman tracking Williams’ days as a boy band member with the British group Take That to his rise to solo super stardom and his struggles with addiction. The episodes use archival footage and new interviews with Williams to paint a portrait of his storied, almost 30-year career.

“The thing that would destroy me has also made me successful. Big. More. Touch the fire. Touch the button. Push when it says pull,” Williams says in a teaser clip on X (formerly Twitter). “All of those things have given me my career, but there’s also a detrimental side to it, too.”

In an interview with a New Zealand radio station, Williams teased that the series would be “full of sex and drugs and mental illness. I’m more likely than most people to leave everything in. I very rarely, if ever, have said, ‘That’s too much, take it off.’ I normally think that it’s not enough.”

The series is being produced by Asif Kadapia, best known for his work on the Amy Winehouse documentary Amy, and Dominic Crossley-Holland.

Williams’ most recent LP, The Christmas Present, dropped in 2019. A year prior, he joined Taylor Swift onstage at London’s Wembley Stadium to perform his 1997 hit “Angels.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/other/robbi...ies/ar-AA1gejFo

This post has been edited by Sydney11: 4th September 2023, 04:52 PM

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post 4th September 2023, 04:59 PM
Post #33
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Robbie Williams unmasks deep struggles in raw first look at Netflix documentary

Robbie Williams has shared the highs and lows of stardom in an emotional first look at his upcoming Netflix documentary.

The musician, 49, began his career in 1990 with popular boyband Take That alongside Gary Barlow, Howard Donald, Mark Owen, and Jason Orange.

After leaving the group in 1995, he launched his solo career the following year and went on to receive a record 18 Brit Awards and an induction into the UK Music Hall of Fame after being voted the Greatest Artist of the 1990s.

Despite these astonishing achievements, throughout his career Robbie has been open about his battles with mental illness, self-esteem issues, alcoholism, and substance abuse. Now, the Angels hitmaker will be the focus of his own Netflix documentary which will explore his career, directed by Bros: After The Screaming Stops creator Joe Pearlman.

The first look trailer for the docu-series opens with the singer staring at the ground before it cuts to a clip of him hanging upside down in front of a stadium audience. ‘The thing that would destroy me has also made me successful,’ he says, over more clips of him backstage cutting to live perfomances.

‘Big. More. Touch the fire. Touch the button. Push when it says pull,’ he continues. ‘All of those things have given me my career, but there’s also a detrimental side to it too. Just depends which wolf you feed.’

Robbie appears emotional in the trailer, with a close-up of the star showing his eyes brimming with tears before it cuts to a crowd cheering him on.
Announcing the project, Netflix’s Tudum site says: ‘The new as-yet-untitled series, announced at the Edinburgh TV Festival, is coming in hot with an unprecedented level of access to Williams and an intimate look at his career.

‘Over the course of more than 30 years that he’s been in the limelight, Williams has hit high highs and low lows. The series will follow those ups and downs — and the media scrutiny that already dogged Williams throughout his career.

‘From his struggles with addiction to his recovery, his breakup with Take That to their reunion, the documentary will use new interviews and peeks into Williams’ 25-year archive to delve deep into the heart and soul of a pop star.’

The documentary does not yet have a release date, though it has previously been announced it will hit the streaming service later this year.

https://metro.co.uk/2023/09/04/robbie-willi...ideochannelrail

This post has been edited by Sydney11: 4th September 2023, 05:00 PM

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post 4th September 2023, 08:11 PM
Post #34
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post 6th September 2023, 07:20 AM
Post #35
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Robbie Williams reflects on dark side of fame in Netflix documentary

Robbie Williams insists "the thing that would destroy" him has actually been a huge part of his success.

Robbie Williams insists "the thing that would destroy" him is a huge part of his success. The 49-year-old star has reflected on his own rollercoaster career over the last three decades, from Take That and his solo career to his battle with addiction.

In the trailer for Netflix's new four-part documentary series about his life, he said: "The thing that would destroy me has also made me successful. Big. More. Touch the fire. Touch the button. Push when it says pull. “All of those things have given me my career, but there’s also a detrimental side to it, too.”

The 'Let Me Entertain You' hitmaker is proud of the upcoming series, and he recently explained his decision to make sure no stone was left unturned.
He told a New Zealand radio station: "[It's] full of sex and drugs and mental illness. I’m more likely than most people to leave everything in. "I very rarely, if ever, have said, ‘That’s too much, take it off.’ I normally think that it’s not enough.”

Meanwhile, Robbie recently revealed that he is "teetering on anxiety and darkness" as he approaches his milestone 50th birthday. According to The Sun newspaper's Bizarre column, he said: "I’ve got my 50th coming up. Maybe there is a different way to be and do things. “That gives me an idea for a TV show … ‘Robbie Williams Does Things Differently’ and I just give those things a go. I am constantly teetering on anxiety and darkness."

He admitted a big part of his coping mechanism is to make sure he gets enough sleep every night. He added: “It doesn’t take much to set me off so I desperately need eight hours of sleep and if I don’t get eight hours I’m not much use to anybody – no more so than myself.”

https://www.contactmusic.com/robbie-william...al-side_6357977

This post has been edited by Sydney11: 6th September 2023, 07:20 AM

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post 6th September 2023, 07:23 AM
Post #36
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Reading around I see no definite streaming date yet for this series thinking.gif

+Quote this post
Whatever94
post 6th September 2023, 11:16 AM
Post #37
Group icon
New Entry
User: 171,774

QUOTE(Sydney11 @ Sep 6 2023, 09:23 AM) *
Reading around I see no definite streaming date yet for this series thinking.gif

Apparently, the Spanish Netflix leaked that the series will be released on 8 November 2023. I'll try to find the source again.

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post 6th September 2023, 12:53 PM
Post #38
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Whatever94 @ Sep 6 2023, 12:16 PM) *
Apparently, the Spanish Netflix leaked that the series will be released on 8 November 2023. I'll try to find the source again.

That would be great , Thanks smile.gif

I had seen that date myself but was not sure if it was a definite or not ..

+Quote this post
Whatever94
post 7th September 2023, 06:08 AM
Post #39
Group icon
New Entry
User: 171,774

QUOTE(Sydney11 @ Sep 6 2023, 02:53 PM) *
That would be great , Thanks smile.gif
I had seen that date myself but was not sure if it was a definite or not ..

I couldn't find the original source but I've seen several Spanish and Latin American fanpages mentioning that date.
I can't post any links rn because I don't have enough posts on the forum to be allowed to but those pages include 'Robbie Williams Argentina' on Facebook and 'lanuevanews' on Instagram if you want to check them out.

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post 7th September 2023, 06:35 AM
Post #40
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Whatever94 @ Sep 7 2023, 07:08 AM) *
I couldn't find the original source but I've seen several Spanish and Latin American fanpages mentioning that date.
I can't post any links rn because I don't have enough posts on the forum to be allowed to but those pages include 'Robbie Williams Argentina' on Facebook and 'lanuevanews' on Instagram if you want to check them out.

Will have a look . Thanks again smile.gif

+Quote this post

12 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 14th June 2024, 01:13 AM