BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Artist News
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> England United (How Does It Feel to Be) On Top of the World, World Cup 1998 Single / Digital: 18th November 2022
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
-Jay-
post 20th November 2022, 10:41 PM
Post #21
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

Interestingly the Perfecto Edit has attracted more streams on Spotify than the normal version!

15,407 - Perfecto Edit [First day: 11,490 / Second day: 3,917]
4,125 - Original [First day: 2,727 / Second day: 1,398]

The other mixes are still lower than 1,000 in total.

Curious that the Perfecto Edit is doing so well because it's not included in any playlists. Whereas the original has been added to "World Cup 2022 Football Songs Playlist - It's Coming Home! Come on England!" and Found Sounds: Fresh from the Vaults (though neither playlist has many followers)
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Piers
post 21st November 2022, 07:42 AM
Post #22
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 69,521

I just relistened to the song/rewatched the video for the first time in ages. Yeah, I've never loved it...and it's never grown on me. It's...fine? I hate to say this, but I actually think the song would be better without the girls on it. I don't know the genesis of the song, but I'm guessing their vocals were a late addition. To me, their voices sound tacked on.

I'll give it this, though. It towers over the version of It's Only Rock N Roll they're featured on...a recording that defines the notion of "this is meant to be bought, not listened to."

It's striking to me that the group's vocals probably sound the most awkward on these two songs than on anything else they did. I don't know if that's a matter of people outside of their normal team of producers not totally knowing how to create the group sound...or if they're just *that* mismatched to the songs they're recording...

+Quote this post
Voodoo
post 21st November 2022, 10:05 AM
Post #23
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 5,829

QUOTE(Piers @ Nov 21 2022, 09:42 AM) *
I hate to say this, but I actually think the song would be better without the girls on it.

Which voices do your hear apart from Melanie's?

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 21st November 2022, 11:34 AM
Post #24
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,587

QUOTE(Piers @ Nov 21 2022, 07:42 AM) *
I just relistened to the song/rewatched the video for the first time in ages. Yeah, I've never loved it...and it's never grown on me. It's...fine? I hate to say this, but I actually think the song would be better without the girls on it. I don't know the genesis of the song, but I'm guessing their vocals were a late addition. To me, their voices sound tacked on.

I'll give it this, though. It towers over the version of It's Only Rock N Roll they're featured on...a recording that defines the notion of "this is meant to be bought, not listened to."

It's striking to me that the group's vocals probably sound the most awkward on these two songs than on anything else they did. I don't know if that's a matter of people outside of their normal team of producers not totally knowing how to create the group sound...or if they're just *that* mismatched to the songs they're recording...

Well, at least It's Only Rock'n'Roll sounds fun (and like they are having fun in it).

Personally, I never gelled with this song and I agree they do sound somewhat muted in it. It's very badly produced, has no 'punch' to it at all.

Having listened to it again, it is obvious that Mel C is the one inthe verses but the chorus does have Emma and Mel B (or Victoria) at the very least.

+Quote this post
sammy01
post 21st November 2022, 12:26 PM
Post #25
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,988

It has completely grown on me and I really like the remix. I think the remix being totally new to me is helping.

+Quote this post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 17th June 2024, 02:35 PM