BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Take That Coronation Setlist
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
nirvanamusic
post 7th May 2023, 11:31 AM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 16,950

What would people like the group to sing?

For me, in no particular order, I think:

Greatest Day ('23 remix)
Shine
Rule the World
Giants
These Days.

It would be great if four appear, AMAZING if all 5. However, Robbie is doing a solo concert at Royal Sandringham.

This post has been edited by nirvanamusic: 7th May 2023, 11:37 AM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
___∆___
post 7th May 2023, 11:59 AM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,155

I’m going tonight - hopefully the wheel out all the hits and Calum makes an appearance for GD23.

+Quote this post
WhoOdyssey
post 7th May 2023, 12:41 PM
Post #3
Group icon
‘psychedelic pop-infused’? Pull the other one!
User: 67,771

I really wouldn't get your hopes up for anyone outside the current trio.

+Quote this post
Padamic_Tension
post 7th May 2023, 06:37 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

I was just assuming Callum would be with them.

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post 8th May 2023, 07:01 AM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 23,135

Delighted Never Forget made it in the setlist, such a great song.

Thought the overall show was really good, very slick with a nice flow throughout . Loved Steve Winwood & Katy Perry. Great ending with Take That .

+Quote this post
darrens94
post 8th May 2023, 07:37 AM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 21,047

‘Never Forget’ was always going to close the show. I thought they would do ‘Rule The World’ instead of ‘Shine’ though. I had to laugh when they were about to bring out Callum and Gary introduced him as a friend of theirs because I’m sure at that point the whole audience thought Robbie was about to come out.

+Quote this post
Padamic_Tension
post 8th May 2023, 11:45 AM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

Take That put on a great show, hoping they will be back in the charts this week.

+Quote this post
WhoOdyssey
post 8th May 2023, 12:13 PM
Post #8
Group icon

QUOTE(darrens94 @ May 8 2023, 08:37 AM) *
‘Never Forget’ was always going to close the show. I thought they would do ‘Rule The World’ instead of ‘Shine’ though. I had to laugh when they were about to bring out Callum and Gary introduced him as a friend of theirs because I’m sure at that point the whole audience thought Robbie was about to come out.

'Rule The World' might have been a bit on-the-nose for the event! laugh.gif

+Quote this post
elisabeth1974
post 8th May 2023, 01:47 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 25,575

I know they do ok as 3 piece, but Take That should be five at best and 4 at least (with Jason).

+Quote this post
Padamic_Tension
post 8th May 2023, 02:51 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

Ya, 3 is fine and they can deliver but it just doesnt feel the same not having at least the 4th member.

+Quote this post
nirvanamusic
post 8th May 2023, 06:39 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular

I know 'Greatest Hits' are seemingly a thing of the past, which is why we got 'Odyssey' with remixes. However, seeing 'Never Forget: The Ultimate Collection' doing well post coronation, I do feel they have missed a trick not putting out a 'Greatest Hits: Vol 2' for people to stream.

It would also be good in light of the film: 'Greatest Days' coming out.

Look at Queen, Elton and Abba's greatest hits continuing to do well by streaming, and non remixes.

'Greatest Day '23' was good but 'Shine' and 'Never Forget' really got the crowd going. I like the fact they chose three songs in which they all have lead, showing the difference between Take That and many other boybands. It's just a shame during their career Jason never got his lead single with 'Wooden Boat', liked by both audiences and critics.

The reality for Take That is the three have to keep the band together as to wait for Jason and especially Robbie could be an NSYNC situation: indefinite. By which time they could have majorly lost their fanbase, which I believe would be harder to get back now.

The Backstreet Boys had some flop singles/albums (compared to their normal placings) for years as a four piece, but because they kept going the member returned and they eventually began an upturn.

This post has been edited by nirvanamusic: 8th May 2023, 07:48 PM

+Quote this post
Padamic_Tension
post 8th May 2023, 09:37 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

I would have much preferred an updated Greatest Hits with all the original songs over the Odyssey release, Odyssey was fine and did better than i thought it would but generally i prefer all the originals. I cant see them releasing another greatest hits for a while although with the format dying out now could be the time to release a best of or the number 1 collection type release.

+Quote this post
Padamic_Tension
post 9th May 2023, 01:22 PM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

No re entry in the album chart for any take that album in todays mids.

+Quote this post
WhoOdyssey
post 9th May 2023, 01:33 PM
Post #14
Group icon

QUOTE(elisabeth1974 @ May 8 2023, 02:47 PM) *
I know they do ok as 3 piece, but Take That should be five at best and 4 at least (with Jason).

They don't really have a lot of choice though unfortunately. Robbie is their only hope to make it a 4 as Jason seems to have completely moved away from the spotlight.

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post 9th May 2023, 02:24 PM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 23,135

+Quote this post
vibe
post 9th May 2023, 02:57 PM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,763

TT got the crowd going 👏

+Quote this post
Padamic_Tension
post 9th May 2023, 06:08 PM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

QUOTE(WhoOdyssey @ May 9 2023, 02:33 PM) *
They don't really have a lot of choice though unfortunately. Robbie is their only hope to make it a 4 as Jason seems to have completely moved away from the spotlight.

Ya I can't see Jason joining and if he does it will years away. Also Mark needs to get rid of the long hair and unshaven look as it's ages him badly.

This post has been edited by Feel_The_Fever: 9th May 2023, 06:09 PM

+Quote this post
nirvanamusic
post 12th May 2023, 12:48 PM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular

Hopefully the exposure over time will help 'Greatest Day', 'Shine' and 'Never Forget' to Double Platinum status (1.2 million copies sold) in the UK. I would love their 90s output (singles/albums) to grow higher in certs.

I appreciate they were succesful and high sales for the time period/population, but some just seem so low for their ongoing status.

What I feel the songs should be based on continued public presence etc:

'A Million Love Songs' - Platinum (600,000) currently Silver (200,000) What!

This is the biggest stand out for me based on all the times it was performed on X Factor over the years and has remained as a vital Take That song. Robbie himself said that it was the quality song where he knew that the group would be alright.

'Could It Be Magic' - Gold (400,000) currently Silver.
'Pray' - I feel this has to go at least Platinum as opposed to Gold as it is such an iconic title for Take That, first era.
'Relight My Fire' - Only Silver (!) Not only should this song be Gold certifed minimum but I would say Platinum as it is still a radio favourite.
'Everything Changes' - Silver but should be Gold minimum in my opinion.
'Love Ain't Here Anymore' - Silver but I feel should be Gold. Profile is so low, however, is generally viewed as a flop having broken their #1 streak. An under-rated gem.
'Said It All' - Silver but would like it to go higher as feel it is very under-rated and unknown by the public. Unfortunately it peaked the week of all the Michael Jackson re-entries in 2009 and thus didn't get the radio play and audience it deserved. Though was still a top 10 placing.
'Kidz' - Should at least be Silver in my opinion but when an album sells so well it is naturally harder for the singles following a lead off.

Album wise:

'Take That & Party' it would be nice to go from 3x (900,000) to 4x (1.2 million sales) however I'm not sure that will happen. The album is, let's say, patchy. In my opinion at least.
'Nobody Else' - This album really deserves more than 2x Platinum (600,000) however as a critic noted they killed its sales dead in the water due to their split and 'Greatest Hits' album release.

What do you guys think in your perception what do you think the UK certs should be for certain releases?

Hopefully their film and Robbie's film/Netflix documentary (TT are in it unless cut by directors) will help also.

This post has been edited by nirvanamusic: 12th May 2023, 12:51 PM

+Quote this post
Padamic_Tension
post 17th May 2023, 11:19 PM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

I was always surprised Never Forget wasnt on far higher sales than it actually was, i think its still a very long way off double platinum but i would love to see it happen.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 3rd June 2024, 01:04 AM