BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Hannah Spearritt: Facing the Music, Memoir | 12th October 2023
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Voodoo
post 9th August 2023, 07:03 PM
Post #21
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 5,829

QUOTE(JosephStyles @ Aug 7 2023, 10:17 PM) *

That is such a weird publication strategy. It doesn't make any sense whatsoever. drama.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 23rd August 2023, 06:21 PM
Post #22
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530

https://www.waterstones.com/book/facing-the...t/9781408748619
https://www.welbooks.co.uk/shop/p/facing-th...igned-pre-order

Signed copies of this "gorgeous book" available!

+Quote this post
Slayer
post 6th September 2023, 04:34 PM
Post #23
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 120,499

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 6th September 2023, 08:28 PM
Post #24
Group icon

Finally pre-ordered a signed copy from Waterstones!

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 7th September 2023, 12:50 AM
Post #25
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
User: 3,217

Great Instagram caption about this gorgeous book wub.gif

kink.gif

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 11th September 2023, 08:21 PM
Post #26
Group icon

Not Hannah confirming there'll be in-person signings after I've ordered my signed copy!!! laugh.gif (not that it'll stop me x)

+Quote this post
Slayer
post 11th September 2023, 08:31 PM
Post #27
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Ahhh i'll definitely go to a signing if there is one near me!

+Quote this post
LMFan
post 28th September 2023, 09:43 AM
Post #28
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 948

It’s been announced this morning that Hannah is doing Dancing on Ice

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 28th September 2023, 10:03 AM
Post #29
Group icon

Thread here! http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=265854

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 7th October 2023, 08:48 PM
Post #30
Group icon

Ahead of the book release, Hannah has done an interview with The Sun where she talks about why she left the group (bold). She also mentions her initial thoughts about Paul's passing as well as famous friends she made.

THEY topped the charts and sold millions of records as one of our best-loved pop bands.

But Hannah Spearritt says she has not heard from her S Club 7 bandmates since her shock decision in May to quit their 25th anniversary tour.

In an exclusive interview, the star reveals she left the reunited group after suffering crippling panic attacks following the tragic death of her first love Paul Cattermole.

And as the band kick off a string of sold-out dates on Thursday, she cannot say whether she will ever appear back on stage with them.

Hannah, 42, said: “Will I ever ­perform with them again? I just don’t know.

"I’m glad that the tour is still going ahead and the songs will live on, but now I’m looking ­forward, not backwards.”

And she says her old bandmates, Rachel Stevens, 45, Jon Lee, 41, Bradley McIntosh, 42, Jo O’Meara, 44, and 47-year-old Tina Barrett, haven’t been in touch.

The mum-of-two revealed: “I’ve not spoken to any of them since I left, which is fine.

“I’m really sad we aren’t in touch. They’ve gone their way and I’ve gone mine. I wish them all the best.”

Hannah pulled out of the reunion tour a month after the death of her former love and fellow band member Paul, as she struggled with her ­mental and physical health.

She explained: “I was extremely excited — we all were — to get back as a seven.

"But then Paul died and everything changed. It gave me time to reflect on whether it was the right thing for me to do.

“I hadn’t been in the best of health — I’ve got a compromised immune system and stress makes it worse.

My body just couldn’t cope with everything that was happening. I wasn’t myself.

"I was getting these crippling panic attacks, was suffering from really bad vertigo and was tired all the time.

“It was affecting my kids too, because I had no energy to do ­anything with them.”

She added: “The more I started to think about what it was that I wanted, the more I realised that I just couldn’t go back. It was causing me a great deal of stress.

“It felt like S Club was so long ago, and I know it’s a cliché but life is short. It just didn’t feel right.

“In the end, I had to make a ­decision that was right for me and my family.

"I’d like to apologise to the fans — the last thing I wanted to do was to let them down.”

Instead, Hannah is launching her bombshell book Facing The Music on Thursday — the same day the five remaining members of S Club take to the stage in Manchester, performing for the first time without her and Paul.

Paul, 46, died from multiple heart problems in April — seven weeks after all seven members of the 90s pop band announced their comeback.

At first Hannah feared it was ­suicide and started “blaming myself”.

Her concern stemmed from a “deeply disturbing” email she received from Paul in 2021, which resulted in the former lovers sitting down with a mediator in January.

Hannah said: “I will never ever reveal the contents of that email.

“It’s not in my book and I will take it to the grave. I didn’t tell anybody about it at the time because it was pretty clear that he wasn’t very well.

“The things he said were of great concern. It was a lot.”

So when news of their mediation was made public just days before Paul died, Hannah panicked.

She said: “I started blaming myself. I had all these things going through my head — it was all blame, blame, blame. It was horrible.

“I thought maybe he believed the email was about to come out and that perhaps I was about to share it.”

In her book, Hannah charts her rise to fame, from childhood dreams of performing to moving to London and living in a raucous flatshare with actress and singer Sheridan Smith.

She recalls how the fun- loving pair once “passed out” in the lounge of their home after a night of dancing and drinking games.

At the time Sheridan was appearing in a stage production of Bugsy Malone — and was supposed to get up early the next morning to plug the show with fellow cast members on TV’s This Morning.

Hannah recalls in her new book: “I woke up with a tongue like fur and switched on the telly to hear the music from This Morning cheerily ringing out.

“Sheridan woke up with a start, groaning at my clattering about the apartment.

“She lifted her head up to look at the TV screen and her eyes widened in horror.

“ ‘F***!’ she yelled. ‘What’s the time? We need to be on telly at 10.30!’”

It was Sheridan’s mum who had spotted music mogul Simon Fuller’s advert in The Stage newspaper looking for singers to join his new band.

Sheridan convinced Hannah to go along with her to the open audition for the group that would become S Club 7.

But it was only Hannah who got through to the next round.

She said: “Can you believe they sent Sheridan home without hearing her sing? Imagine being the one who made that decision.

“The audition process was brutal and I couldn’t believe I’d made it through to the next round. Sheridan was there for me when I got home.

“She was so supportive of everything that was happening to me and didn’t seem bothered at all about missing out.

"You only have to look at what she’s gone on to do since.”

During those early years of their careers, Hannah and Sheridan’s pad became known as the place to hang out.

Frequent visitors included party-loving EastEnders stars Sid Owen and Dean Gaffney.

Hannah said: “We were wild! Sid used to love to sing and when the four of us were together and drunk he’d get on the piano and rattle out the tunes.

“It was hilarious watching him go for it, because up till that point I’d known him as ‘Rickkkkkkky’!”

One person who did catch ­Hannah’s eye in 1999 was Westlife singer Brian McFadden.

She said: “We’d crossed paths quite a few times and always chatted backstage at events, so we would often speak and I guess flirt a bit.

“I liked the way he carried himself — he had swagger. We did have a couple of dates, went out for drinks.

“I found him charming, naughty, entertaining and very handsome.

“We may have both been in a hotel at one point together, or something like that. But then he ghosted me.

“I’d thought he liked me, and wrote him a love letter to explain how I felt, and it turned out he was in love with Kerry Katona.”

Hannah, who has two young daughters, Taya, four, and Tora, two, with nutritionist partner Adam Thomas, 43, is looking forward to the future after signing up to be part of 2024’s cast of ITV’s Dancing On Ice.

Bless her, it sounds like she's been through hell over Paul's passing. I'm pleased she parted with the group of her own accord contrary to the reports, though. I hope they can all reconnect at some point and reminisce over the "good times" heart.gif

+Quote this post
Yobnedor
post 8th October 2023, 11:44 AM
Post #31
Group icon
Perfectly Pop
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 3,033

I see nobody had a great quote about the gorgeous book to put on the cover kink.gif

+Quote this post
Slayer
post 8th October 2023, 11:58 AM
Post #32
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

James laugh.gif

I hope they can reunite together one day but at least all of them are doing what is right for them at this moment in time.

+Quote this post
Yobnedor
post 8th October 2023, 03:57 PM
Post #33
Group icon
Perfectly Pop
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 3,033

Sorry… you know me…

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 9th October 2023, 12:12 AM
Post #34
Group icon

QUOTE(Yobnedor @ Oct 8 2023, 12:44 PM) *
I see nobody had a great quote about the gorgeous book to put on the cover kink.gif

rotf.gif

+Quote this post
Sacred3
post 9th October 2023, 02:23 AM
Post #35
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 150,421

I don't get the Gorgeous book quote thing?

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 9th October 2023, 02:55 AM
Post #36
Group icon

QUOTE(JosephStyles @ Aug 7 2023, 08:17 PM) *

It’s what was written on this earlier cover. wink.gif

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 9th October 2023, 05:57 AM
Post #37
Group icon

Extract from Facing the Music published by The Sun last night, about Hannah's breast implants in 2013 and the catastrophic impact they ended up having on her life.

AS one of the members of pop sensations S Club 7, Hannah Spearritt’s life was meant to be a dream come true.

But since leaving the band in 2003, she has faced a series of living nightmares, including devastating health issues and the death of her ex-boyfriend and bandmate Paul Cattermole.

In an interview with The Sun on Sunday yesterday, Hannah, 42, revealed why she first blamed herself for Paul’s death – and the real reason she quit the band’s reunion tour.

And today, in exclusive extracts from her new book Facing The Music, she details how she ended up in rehab after getting addicted to painkillers in the wake of botched breast implant surgery.

"IN August 2013 I made what I now think was the worst mistake of my life. I got breast implants.

I’d been thinking about having them done for about ten years.

Being in S Club 7, I was thrown into doing a lot of ­magazine and video shoots which put the ­spotlight on me and made me body- conscious.

Curvier models were being portrayed as sexy in the media — people such as Kelly Brook, Katie Price — and I couldn’t help but compare myself to my bandmates Rachel, Jo and Tina, who all had amazing boobs.

After I did the first lads’ mag they airbrushed my body to give me more curves.

So I thought that getting implants would give me more confidence and make my life easier.

How wrong I was.

I’d had a great bill of health going into the surgery, but I didn’t recover well. Then my health declined rapidly.

I started getting every symptom under the sun, and even my personality changed.

I was put on so many different drugs. When I look back on that time, I just don’t recognise myself.

I was sleeping for hours at a time, or having panic attacks out of nowhere.

Things got so bad we had to set my bedroom up on the ground floor because I couldn’t walk up the stairs any more.

My partner Adam often had to help me physically get around. At my lowest ebb he had to carry me.

My reality felt worse than a death sentence at times because I didn’t know if it would ever stop.

There were times when I thought about ending it all.

Lying awake with insomnia all night, not able to get up the next day and forced to lie in bed, exhausted and isolated, in unbearable pain and discomfort, near on every day for four years.

When the first S Club reunion tour came around in April 2015, so that I could carry on working I was prescribed a really strong drug called pregabalin, which is normally given for extreme anxiety and after amputations.

It basically kills all the feeling in the nerves so that you can’t sense any pain.

I’d been bedridden for so long that I’d have taken anything if it promised to get me back on my feet and walking again.

And it worked at first.

When I could dance, the euphoria I felt was incredible, because I hadn’t felt that freedom since getting ill.

Up to the start of the reunion tour, none of the band knew the extent of what was going on.

They were aware of something being up because I looked really ill on these tablets, but I didn’t care about cosmetic side-effects.

I had been in such a dark place that I was willing to do anything to escape.

Essentially, I was running away from how bad things were and just using whatever I could to get some energy.

In the back of my mind I always knew that I’d have to crash back into the reality of what was going on in my body, because it was false energy and it couldn’t last long.

We were only on tour for about a month, but I knew I had to come off the pills as soon as the tour ended.

There were moments in this period I’m not proud of. I hurt people around me.

There are things I did I am ashamed of because my actions caused pain, and I am disappointed in the way I handled stuff.

Desperate to feel alive again, I pushed Adam away because he was a constant reminder of my illness.

Paul and I got close again on that tour — we were always drawn to each other — and it was a bit fed up.

I didn’t plan to go back to him, and I am working on trying to forgive myself, but I just wanted to feel carefree and young.

I tried cold turkey I thought that Paul would fix my illness and take the pain away.

Sadly we probably fed each other up more in the process.

It got messy very quickly after the tour. Paul came back to my house, and we’d taken this picture of the two of us smiling in the sunshine.

Adam saw the photo come up on an iPad we shared, and so it all got a little bit confrontational.

Adam made his presence known, Paul left, and I didn’t really hear from him after that, which was a little bit difficult for me to understand, if I’m honest.

Adam and I didn’t really speak for a bit.

Things were inflamed over the next few months and because of all this medication that I had been on, chat about me being under the influence had got back to my agent.

He was concerned that I was drinking heavily (he didn’t know about the meds) and called my dad.

Everything came out about the painkillers, and it was decided I had to be sent to rehab because by this point I was clearly struggling to get off the medication.

It’s really difficult to come off such a powerful painkiller.

If you stop taking it too quickly you can go into seizures, which is scary, so you have to gradually reduce your intake, which leaves you in a feverish state.

I tried to go cold turkey at one stage, which wasn’t wise.

But when I got sent to rehab, I thought it was going to be a great opportunity for me to get off this medication.

I could use it for that, even though my agent thought my problem was with alcohol (and probably illegal drugs or whatever), but what I didn’t realise was that they keep you on your medication so things don’t change.

And you just talk about the trauma of what you’ve gone through.

And I was like, oh God, I’ve been here for a month now and I’m on the same medication which is the issue.

Looking back, although I was sent to rehab with the right intentions, it probably wasn’t what I needed at the time.

After rehab, I had to get off all the drugs for good.

After years of struggling to get a diagnosis about what was wrong with me, I finally had my implants removed in 2017 and almost instantly started to feel better.

I am now very health-conscious, and this period sparked my interest in alternative healing therapies.

I have oxygen therapy, and since the beginning of 2023 I have been receiving a new medical treatment to calm down my overactive immune system.

In total, adding up all the doctors’ fees, consultations, tests, travel to various clinics and hospitals, therapists and the cost to remove the implants, I spent more than £100,000.

So the earnings I made from the 2015 reunion tour concerts were used almost entirely on that.

What a monumental waste of money."

 Extracted by EMILY FAIRBAIRN from Facing The Music, by Hannah Spearritt, published in hardback on Thursday by Renegade Books, priced £20. Ebook and audio version also available.

+Quote this post
One_For_Sorrow
post 9th October 2023, 06:49 AM
Post #38
Group icon
---
User: 17,418

It appears you can purchase the audiobook on iTunes now. I just saw it there. Was it meant to be released now? I thought it was Friday.

+Quote this post
Slayer
post 9th October 2023, 05:30 PM
Post #39
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

+Quote this post
Slayer
post 9th October 2023, 05:33 PM