BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Strictly Come Dancing • Series 21, September 2023
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Jordanlee
post 10th December 2023, 08:51 PM
Post #81
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116

I’m pretty sure this is how the results went now!

Layton- 4 (judges points) + 1 (public point) = 5 SAFE

Ellie- 3 (judges points) + 4 (public points) = 7 SAFE

Bobby- 2 (judges points) + 2 (public points) = 4 DO

Annabel- 1 (judges point) + 3 (public points) = 4 DO

Bobby cant have beaten Annabel and Annabel can’t have topped is what I’ve come to realise (surely there can’t be any instance you can top a public vote and still go).

Ellie should get the win with ease next week now! I’m a bit gutted for Annabel but it was evident they wanted her out and she has the tour to look forward too at least.

EDIT: So Bobby may have beaten Annabel but I don’t think Annabel would’ve been last by public or Layton as high as second!

This post has been edited by Jord: 10th December 2023, 09:34 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
ElectroBoy
post 10th December 2023, 09:04 PM
Post #82
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,002

QUOTE(Jord @ Dec 10 2023, 08:51 PM) *
I’m pretty sure this is how the results went now!

Layton- 4 (judges points) + 1 (public point) = 5 SAFE

Ellie- 3 (judges points) + 4 (public points) = 7 SAFE

Bobby- 2 (judges points) + 2 (public points) = 4 DO

Annabel- 1 (judges point) + 3 (public points) = 4 DO

Bobby cant have beaten Annabel and Annabel can’t have topped is what I’ve come to realise (surely there can’t be any instance you can top a public vote and still go).

Ellie should get the win with ease next week now! I’m a bit gutted for Annabel but it was evident they wanted her out and she has the tour to look forward too at least.

Swap Bobby and Layton in terms of public support and i'm guessing you'd be bang on

+Quote this post
Jαsє
post 15th December 2023, 08:10 PM
Post #83
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,043

Ellie's as low as 1/25 to win ffs laugh.gif laugh.gif

Never have I ever seen anything like this in the TV market.

I recall many years ago when Leah McFall was 2/7 fave to win The Voice but was beaten by Andrea Begley who was 6/1.

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 16th December 2023, 12:03 AM
Post #84
Group icon
Jord

QUOTE(Jαsє @ Dec 15 2023, 08:10 PM) *
Ellie's as low as 1/25 to win ffs laugh.gif laugh.gif

Never have I ever seen anything like this in the TV market.

I recall many years ago when Leah McFall was 2/7 fave to win The Voice but was beaten by Andrea Begley who was 6/1.

Public votes wise Nigel was probably her main challenger. I’m still convinced Annabel was second by the public last week too. She could’ve still been 2nd by public with a combined score of 4 and been in the dance off.

+Quote this post
Jαsє
post 16th December 2023, 10:07 AM
Post #85
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(Jord @ Dec 16 2023, 12:03 AM) *
Public votes wise Nigel was probably her main challenger. I’m still convinced Annabel was second by the public last week too. She could’ve still been 2nd by public with a combined score of 4 and been in the dance off.

Yeah, the final would be a lot less predictable with Nigel so I'm gutted he's not there! Ah well, should still be a great night of dancing biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Jade
post 16th December 2023, 09:18 PM
Post #86
Group icon
The light will cast me aside
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

An obvious win going by the odds but very well deserved for Ellie and Vito 💖 their American Smooth was so gorgeous.

Layton & Nikita really stole my heart as the weeks went by, what a set of dances tonight. Looking forward to seeing them on the tour! I last went in 2022 and Nikita was sick and replaced by Neil at my show so fingers crossed he’ll be fine this time laugh.gif

Still floored by the Eurovision entry reveal on the show ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
Jαsє
post 16th December 2023, 09:48 PM
Post #87
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

That Eurovision reveal was incredible! It's SO rare these days that things like that don't get leaked.

All three couples danced their hearts out. I wanted Layton to win but how can I complain about Ellie? Minus the little mistake at the end, that Showdance was absolutely jawdropping!

Post Strictly blues will be kicking in very soon sad.gif

+Quote this post
ElectroBoy
post 16th December 2023, 10:10 PM
Post #88
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,002

I wanted Layton and Nikita to win - they were just so amazing together.

But the Ellie was on a lock for the win from about 7-8 weeks ago, so no surprise.

I'm just glad Layton made the final smile.gif

+Quote this post
Herbs
post 17th December 2023, 09:47 AM
Post #89
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 214

Glad Layton made the final but gutted he was never going to win.

I always think it’s a bad look when the person who finishes last on the night wins the whole thing

Layton now joins John Whaite as a same sex pairing who averaged highest but didn’t win (Courtney Act too in the Aussie version but they presented their dances as male/female most of the time).

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 17th December 2023, 11:42 AM
Post #90
Group icon
Jord

I was delighted for Ellie but wouldn’t have been too mad at a Bobby win but I think Nigel was Ellie’s biggest threat when it came to just the vote alone.

Ellie’s been a real favourite of mine though right from the start and I’d voted for her several times across the series so she firmly had my support.

Seeing some speculation that people think Craig could be be leaving the show?! I wouldn’t actually be too mad at a judging panel revival but Craig is probably the most unbiased and fair judge they have so he wouldn’t have been who I’d want to lose. I could see Shirley perhaps leaving for the states show as well. For me I’d quite like the idea of having a little switch around though I don’t think the scoring / critique is quite what it was when Len and Darcy were judges.

+Quote this post
Rap Codester
post 18th December 2023, 05:14 PM
Post #91
Group icon
Gia, do you know the order of the solos?
User: 21,308

QUOTE(Jord @ Dec 17 2023, 03:42 AM) *
I could see Shirley perhaps leaving for the states show as well. For me I’d quite like the idea of having a little switch around though I don’t think the scoring / critique is quite what it was when Len and Darcy were judges.
it could be a possibility that she does both now that her son and his wife had their baby

+Quote this post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 18th June 2024, 07:12 PM