BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> DJ Sabrina The Teenage DJ thread, 'Destiny' (album) out 17/08/23
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
danG
post 17th August 2023, 03:27 PM
Post #1
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746

New DJ Sabrina The Teenage DJ album out today including ETOTW winner It's Still Me and... 40 other tracks in a 4 hour long album laugh.gif (this coming 3 years after a 3 hour long album which I still never got around to listening to). I know she has a few fans here so about time she got a Buzzjack thread.

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 17th August 2023, 03:41 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116

I downloaded this on Bandcamp at the weekend where it was up for sale a few days early and it's all good so far but having to go through it in bitesize chunks! FOUR. HOURS.

Charmed was definitely her magnum opus, such a wonderful album - the three hours flew by <3

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 20th August 2023, 01:58 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116

My favourite song from the first third of the album is Will U B Mine, which I've realised samples an album track from US R&B group Xscape called Your Eyes. I love where DJ Sabrina gets her samples from, the most obscure sources a lot of the time - her record collection must be quite something.

Weirdly enough I've been listening to another track off the same Xscape album a lot recently called One Of Those Love Songs, which Mariah Carey was accused of "borrowing heavily" from on her US No.1 Thank God I Found You (the chorus resemblance is pretty uncanny).

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 29th April 2024, 12:42 AM