BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
15 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> BJSC 163 💧 Grand final RESULTS, The moment y'all have been WAITING for
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Herbs
post 3rd April 2024, 11:12 PM
Post #261
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 214

Oh wow I managed to climb from quite a precarious SF1 position
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 3rd April 2024, 11:15 PM
Post #262
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116

Wow, a semi win! Mind you that was a very favourable draw with almost all of our biggest fans.

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 3rd April 2024, 11:28 PM
Post #263
Group icon
CROWN THE WITCH
Pronouns: he/they
User: 77,363

Back to Earth now!

Huge thank you for a commendable 17th-place finish with For the Underground! I was trying to cover all grounds in the first 3 months so this is apparently the entry trying to get the support of dance bloc. However, it wasn't really well-liked oops kink.gif Nevertheless, thank you Dot and Oliver for 15 points, and Roba and Cow for 13 points! heart.gif Of course, huge thank you to the rest, especially y'all have given me quite a lot of points! w00t.gif w00t.gif It's a mini-Aaj moment ngl x

I think this is the first time my top 5 all finish in the top 10? ohmy.gif ohmy.gif I've finally matched BJSC tastes cheeseblock.png Huge congrats to Silas for the win! It's a decent pop song and it was not far away from my points. Kath, what a discovery that is! Thank you for the duo track which is INSEPARABLE (Break / Saw U)!! On the other end on the table, Fljótavík is really robbed sad.gif It's a great discovery too! It was very close in making my routine listening for ranking my chart actually x In the semi-finals, istg I didn't change my votes to send both Bré and Jade home unsure.gif Me single-handedly create a top 15 entry with Abeltesfayeton though cheeseblock.png It's a song which has grown on me and there may be a chance it may enter my chart!

Last but not least, thank you so so much for all the kind and heart-warming words with regards to the hosting this month and last month! I certainly enjoyed hosting a BJSC edition but I do feel like I have a bit more experience with hosting this time round so definitely timed things a lot better and made things more manageable too! Hope I will get to host another BJSC edition soon x I hope y'all enjoyed all the goodies you got this and last edition! See you in PFSC next maybe? wink.gif

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 3rd April 2024, 11:37 PM
Post #264
Group icon
Rob aah
User: 3,804

Well that's an unexpected winner but congrats Askorza! Was a decent entry though.

Nothing to be upset with in POPhub coming 2nd as that's of course fantastic a result still and a good top 5 overall. I did predict 4th for Hendinia to Rich offline lol so good to see that actually come true!

Ooh yasssss I finally achieved that one of two last top 10 positions to tick off with a first time 5th cheeseblock.png thanks for all the points and 18s etc. Much appreciated.

Pleased to see Conoria just about make top 20. Certainly their strongest track to date. Herbilore was a big grower with more listens and I didn't point it in the semi. Being on first and in with a row of indie tracks probably helped a lot too.

Shame for Aelandor in the bottom 10 but not exactly a surprise though.

Thanks again Jack for your excellent hosting. Truly a one in a different dimension of exquisite presenting and now you truly can have a well earned rest too cheer.gif

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post 3rd April 2024, 11:56 PM
Post #265
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232

Well can't say I saw that winner coming at all, not one of my favourites and I did prefer the other two entries from RONDE, but a surprise winner is always great, congrats Phil! Though I feel for POPHub losing right at the last minute, it was one of the better pop entries and wasn't that far from my votes in the end, aww x

Gosh at Abeltesfayeton being the one that narrowly blocked me, Rollo and Jade, I mean I'm glad it did much better in the final so I don't mind the triple foot shoot there, but srsly what was up with Semi 1 dumping almost all the best songs drama.gif

Wasn't quite as engaged with this edition musically and I didn't make as many great discoveries (DNQing didn't help kink.gif), however it was impeccably hosted twice in a row, many thanks to uhsting for a wonderful couple of months in Sovarasma, you've earned a rest x

QUOTE(awardinary @ Apr 3 2024, 10:17 PM) *
Edit: And a Gold medal from Terra Avium! Possibly the first ever from them! wub.gif

I think Transa - Timeless was the highest I can recall I gave you with 15, so possibly so unless I'm forgetting something obvious! Wonderful to see Ambient Jazz find an audience here to get top 20 x

+Quote this post
Silas
post 4th April 2024, 12:10 AM
Post #266
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

QUOTE(calxyum @ Apr 4 2024, 12:56 AM) *
Yes thanks Jack! I feel bad for whomever you’re passing the hosting duties over to!

🥲

+Quote this post
Rap Codester
post 4th April 2024, 02:14 AM
Post #267
Group icon
Gia, do you know the order of the solos?
User: 21,308

Guess I should have seen RONDÉ winning coming, it gave heavy MisterWives energy biggrin.gif congrats Silas! Definitely approve of a lot of the songs in the top 10, great job everybody! Honestly judging by what’s done well this month and who’s been debuting I think this might be a good time for Flynnonda to make a comeback thinking.gif their 2020 sound especially would slay here.

Definitely thought things were gonna be much worse but it’s another “dies of mid” position for Mid Lupus 🤷‍♂️ slight improvement on the previous LEXXE entry and got some support from some unexpected countries (I’m taking that Suedeonia 18 TO THE BANK!!!) so I’d say it’s not a complete non-event. Thanks so much for the support!

Amazing job yet again with hosting this, uhsting!

+Quote this post
JSG
post 4th April 2024, 04:30 AM
Post #268
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 18,473

Congrats on the winner and everyone that took part cheer.gif

Quite astonishing I went from 5th place in semi 2 to 29th in the final though *.* I had suspected that it would be nearer the bottom end of the semis so I am surprised.

+Quote this post
Silas
post 4th April 2024, 06:08 AM
Post #269
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

Ok I’ve slept on it and I still can’t believe it. I was honestly having such a good day yesterday anyway and this really just was such a lovely surprise for me to jump online right at the end of voting and see me basically in the final victory battle.

Rd‘Á will be hosting. Please set your expectations to „vaguely competent“

QUOTE(RobBot @ Apr 3 2024, 11:46 PM) *
If Phil has nabbed this, then that's pretty iconic given it was his third choice after Julie Bergan and the vetoed Faouzia.

As I was literally scrambling to find an alternative, I got the same feeling from this as I did Wearing Nothing. So I thought another 14th place was on the cards laugh.gif

QUOTE(awardinary @ Apr 4 2024, 12:58 AM) *
Just think, Silas tried to send last month’s winning entry too, so they could have had back to back wins instead of Sovarasma! ohmy.gif

Clearly somethings in the water in Morpeth Cove lately!

+Quote this post
Qween
post 4th April 2024, 06:10 AM
Post #270
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
User: 11,709

Congrats Phil! What a fab surprise winner.

And on a selfish note, it’s only taken 130 contests, but finally completing the full set of top 10 positions (and my first top 10 in over a year) is fabulous.

+Quote this post
Colm
post 4th April 2024, 07:32 AM
Post #271
Group icon
Yes, it's me.
User: 9,885

Nail-biter!

What a great winner. Loved it as soon as I heard it.
Thanks to everyone who threw some points to the Empire - Suedeonia, Conoria, Summericia, Ojnoj, Kyriatine, Greenfroze, St. Burbia, Ingermanlandia, Abeltesfayeton, Cumulonimbia, Oslol, Aeroche, Skall, Aelandor, Rolloland, Terra Avium, Kylienips, Scotland 2, Aesthetica, Tartford,Persephonia, Neliönoir, Séyetana, Lookylion.

And a special thanks for their 18 points to Ajanaeda, Altyr Muunilinst and Jupiterdonia.

I don't think we've had three 18s in a contest until now. biggrin.gif

13th is far better than I expected due to the total silence that fell while our entry was being played during both listen throughs.

It goes without saying that the hosting bar has been raised so much that we can no longer see the bar. Astonishing work, Uhsting wub.gif

This post has been edited by Colm: 4th April 2024, 07:32 AM

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 4th April 2024, 07:58 AM
Post #272
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053

Many congratulations Silas! One of the stronger pop entries this month so a nice winning track.

Delighted with my first medal position since 2019 biggrin.gif thanks to the many fans, believe this is the first time I've received the most votes in a final ever. And first time scoring over 300 points ohmy.gif

But once again denied a semi win by the slimmest of margins! One day... heehee.gif

A bit more gripe at all of my top 3 finishing bottom 15 D: but at least voted for 6 of the other 9 in the top 10.

Big hand again to uhsting for another successful contest!

+Quote this post
dandy*
post 4th April 2024, 08:49 AM
Post #273
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54

Ahhhh congratulations Phil! Always nice to see such a staple country of the contest bag a win for the first time in a while, looking forward to setting off to Morpeth Cove this month!

Thanks uhsting for another great hosting job, the effort has been very much appreciated.

QUOTE(RobBot @ Apr 3 2024, 08:58 PM) *
Oh wow, Fljotavik not a common country to provide an 18 our way, thank you very much!! ohmy.gif

Indeed! I suspect this may be the first time Hendinia have got the FLJ 18 but I loved the Kiesza track from first play, it’s been regularly played over the past fortnight round ours

+Quote this post
*Ben*
post 4th April 2024, 09:22 AM
Post #274
Group icon
Chart Chat Slave
User: 275

Thank you uhsting for the fantastic hosting duties for the second time biggrin.gif

Congrats Silas for the win and a worthy winner! Although for me you were in the last edition also the winner with Madilyn Bailey - Serious wub.gif

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 4th April 2024, 09:51 AM
Post #275
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376

Better late than never, fab contest, thanks Jack/Uhsting for 2 triumphant contests in a row and that tense ending was fun laugh.gif Congrats to Phil, among your best-ever entries I think and a deserved winner, and I was also pleased to see The vaccines/Herbilore do well against expectations, great record.

+Quote this post
Herbs
post 4th April 2024, 10:06 AM
Post #276
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(*Ben* @ Apr 4 2024, 10:22 AM) *
Thank you uhsting for the fantastic hosting duties for the second time biggrin.gif

Congrats Silas for the win and a worthy winner! Although for me you were in the last edition also the winner with Madilyn Bailey - Serious wub.gif

Definitely two great songs in a row from Republique D’A (Herbilore put them both as #1 in semi finals and #3 and #1 in respective finals)

+Quote this post
Herbs
post 4th April 2024, 10:07 AM
Post #277
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Popchartfreak @ Apr 4 2024, 10:51 AM) *
Better late than never, fab contest, thanks Jack/Uhsting for 2 triumphant contests in a row and that tense ending was fun laugh.gif Congrats to Phil, among your best-ever entries I think and a deserved winner, and I was also pleased to see The vaccines/Herbilore do well against expectations, great record.

Thanks for the shout out. Glad to see 20 countries liked Hometown of Jupiter enough to give it points smile.gif

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 4th April 2024, 10:18 AM
Post #278
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

I think I’m the only person to actually vote and not give a single point to any of the top eight?! laugh.gif

I made some great discoveries though and actually thought it was stronger than last month! I just clearly didn’t align with the masses this time, haha.

Thank you for a great hosting job again!!

This post has been edited by Josh!: 4th April 2024, 10:18 AM

+Quote this post
Addy!
post 4th April 2024, 11:00 AM
Post #279
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,666

yay congrats Phil...i seriously knew you were into something big with this track wub.gif

also congrats to everyone in the Top 10, that's gotta be one of the strongest Top 10 in a while and I've voted for 6 of them wub.gif and I swear the other 4 were right outside my votes.

Tech Não finished exactly where i expected so I'm just thankful it qualified in the end.

And it goes without saying, Jack you really spoiled us with your hosting skills wub.gif so thank you for the faboluos two contests in a row!!!

+Quote this post
Y'all Starlight
post 4th April 2024, 11:38 AM
Post #280
Group icon
WELCOME TO UTOPIA
Pronouns: he/him
User: 153,406

Congrats Phil! I really underestimated how well the track would do in the final but I'm happy that it's been a major success for you! Fantastic to see Dobago still in the top 3 and Kathaldazia + Cumulonimbia also being present in the top 10.

Slightly disappointed at the final positions for Conoria, Danæviia, Fljótavík, Bøtanikkä, Bronzil & Zanmatony (although that is a better position than I'd feared for the latter).

12th is a pretty good finish tbh (prior to the results, I had actually predicted us to come 12th shockingly ohmy.gif). Thanks to all who spared us some votes, it's always appreciated heart.gif Damn, semi-1 really did have bad taste laugh.gif Wow at me scraping into the final by one point (saved by Sovarasma's mealworms, thanks x).

Once again, thank you so much Jack for making this another joyous and memorable edition. I'll miss being in Sovarasma sad.gif

+Quote this post

15 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 1st June 2024, 12:44 PM