BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> It's time for ANOTHER BJSC SPIN-OFF!, BJFestivalen - Inget konstigt alls!
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Peter30
post 24th April 2011, 09:42 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 814

As you might have seen in other threads, a spin-off competition will be happening between the current contest and the next one. For those unfamiliar with the concept, it's basically a contest seperate from the main ones, with a specific theme or alternative rules.

An announcement will be made about this one, which is starting very soon, will be made after the conclusion of the BJSC XXXIII results w00t.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Silas
post 24th April 2011, 09:47 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

funky.gif

+Quote this post
Thom Spirit Kay
post 24th April 2011, 10:14 PM
Post #3
Group icon
eat hot chip, be homosexual
User: 6,946

Inget konstigt alls magic.gif

+Quote this post
Cal
post 24th April 2011, 10:16 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 5,964

QUOTE(Tom Judas Kay @ Apr 24 2011, 11:14 PM) *
Inget konstigt alls magic.gif

Inget konstigt med det, nej nej nej. heehee.gif I'm quite curious about this! I'd love another foreign language spin-off. wub.gif

+Quote this post
Peter30
post 24th April 2011, 10:24 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

OK here we go, the next spin-off will be held in the next couple of weeks, with confirmation opening tomorrow. There isn't a specific theme, so options are fairly wide, but there is a specific rule to go with it, as well as a change in format.

It's the first ever edition of...

BJFestivalen

cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

That's right, we're jumping on board the Melodifestivalen train!! Those who are familiar with the Swedish Eurovision selection will be very familiar with the format, and know that it's more of a specific way of deciding the winner, rather than a particular theme. There will be four heats, each hosted by one of the BJSC mods. Followed by a "second chance / Andra Chansen" round, and a final, which obviously will be alot smaller than usual BJSC finals, with just ten songs making the last stage.

To make this a little bit more like Melodifestivalen, there is one main rule to go with this, and that is that songs must be a maximum of three minutes in length. Also, to encourage some effort being made to find songs, no Eurovision songs are allowed, nor are songs from any country's national selection for Eurovision. The songs obviously don't have to be 3 minutes long originally, if you wish you can edit a longer song yourself, but the version submitted must be 3 minutes or less.

Confirmation will open tomorrow evening, and will take the usual form. Obviously there won't be as much strictness with regards to potentially cheap entries but we strongly encourage you to try and be original, and there will still be some mod vetting if necessary.

I think I've mentioned most synonyms which can only be referred to as obsolete when one is speaking about glacial paths (I'll explain that sentence later! laugh.gif ) I think I've mentioned most of the important stuff, any questions just ask! And indeed any criticisms will be abruptly shot down but feel free to air them anyway tongue.gif

+Quote this post
Qween
post 24th April 2011, 10:29 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
User: 11,709

Oh now that does sound good and quite challenging too. YAY.

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 24th April 2011, 10:29 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116

Oh wow ohmy.gif Sounds really interesting! Now to find a decent, non Eurovision related song that's under 3 minutes long laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Qassändra
post 24th April 2011, 10:32 PM
Post #8
Group icon
DROTTNING!
User: 480

This isn't a bad idea, but I REALLY think this should be saved for the contest after the next one. We've got a fair amount of momentum and interest going off of this contest, this strikes me as the equivalent of maintaining the once every two months break that we had just before VI...

That said, it isn't that different to the main contest so thinking on it it might not actually be that bad.

+Quote this post
Thom Spirit Kay
post 24th April 2011, 10:37 PM
Post #9
Group icon

QUOTE(Tyron @ Apr 24 2011, 11:32 PM) *
This isn't a bad idea, but I REALLY think this should be saved for the contest after the next one. We've got a fair amount of momentum and interest going off of this contest, this strikes me as the equivalent of maintaining the once every two months break that we had just before VI...

That said, it isn't that different to the main contest so thinking on it it might not actually be that bad.

I don't think this will kill momentum. I wasn't around to notice, but are you saying that there was a big difference in interest and vibe between VI and VII? It's really just a different format, people will still be discovering new music...

+Quote this post
Hitstastic
post 24th April 2011, 10:37 PM
Post #10
Group icon
Sundream
User: 10,347

When exactly is BJSC XXXIV supposed to start? I literally haven't got a clue about hosting things like this where there are set dates involved.

+Quote this post
Qassändra
post 24th April 2011, 10:40 PM
Post #11
Group icon
DROTTNING!

QUOTE(Tom Judas Kay @ Apr 24 2011, 11:37 PM) *
I don't think this will kill momentum. I wasn't around to notice, but are you saying that there was a big difference in interest and vibe between VI and VII? It's really just a different format, people will still be discovering new music...

There was really a HUGE difference, about as big as the difference between XX and XXX in terms of interest. At the beginning of VI we were thinking the contest was on its last legs, a novelty which everyone got excited about at first but nobody really stuck about for. At the end of VII we were getting the idea that we were onto something really big.

+Quote this post
Thom Spirit Kay
post 24th April 2011, 10:40 PM
Post #12
Group icon

QUOTE(Hitstastic @ Apr 24 2011, 11:37 PM) *
When exactly is BJSC XXXIV supposed to start? I literally haven't got a clue about hosting things like this where there are set dates involved.

We're looking at first or second week of May, although we may or may not take a break over Gay Christmas (that is to say, Eurovision). Basically no rush smile.gif

+Quote this post
Qassändra
post 24th April 2011, 10:41 PM
Post #13
Group icon
DROTTNING!

QUOTE(Tom Judas Kay @ Apr 24 2011, 11:40 PM) *
We're looking at first or second week of May, although we may or may not take a break over Gay Christmas (that is to say, Eurovision). Basically no rush smile.gif

I'd advise we go back to taking a break over Eurovision, even if it is just having confirmation during Eurovision week. I HATED it when the two clashed to the point of having Eurovision Week and final week of BJSC coincide.

+Quote this post
Martyn
post 24th April 2011, 10:42 PM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 66

I'm already searching for songs!

+Quote this post
Thom Spirit Kay
post 24th April 2011, 10:44 PM
Post #15
Group icon

I've already got one funky.gif

QUOTE(Tyron @ Apr 24 2011, 11:40 PM) *
There was really a HUGE difference, about as big as the difference between XX and XXX in terms of interest. At the beginning of VI we were thinking the contest was on its last legs, a novelty which everyone got excited about at first but nobody really stuck about for. At the end of VII we were getting the idea that we were onto something really big.

Fair enough, but I think that now we're on the upswing, it won't kill the interest, added to the fact that reservation for XXXIV will probably begin during the final of the spin-off.

QUOTE(Tyron @ Apr 24 2011, 11:41 PM) *
I'd advise we go back to taking a break over Eurovision, even if it is just having confirmation during Eurovision week. I HATED it when the two clashed to the point of having Eurovision Week and final week of BJSC coincide.

Tbh I agree, it's just not possible to handle both at the same time.

+Quote this post
Silas
post 24th April 2011, 10:50 PM
Post #16
Group icon
Queen of Soon

QUOTE(Tyron @ Apr 24 2011, 11:32 PM) *

We're just moving the contest back by up to 5days that is all. So no real break.

Hits - Confirmation would ideally begin around May 5th-9th happy.gif

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 24th April 2011, 10:52 PM
Post #17
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116

I haven't got the faintest idea what to send to this, I barely listen to tracks that are 3 minutes long or under, Eurovision aside laugh.gif Kongulo or Jungle Drum would have been perfect but I've used them already in the main contest, damn! I may well end up editing something!

+Quote this post
Peter30
post 24th April 2011, 10:57 PM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

As for potential Eurovision clashes, during Eurovision week it will only be the confirmation stage of the next contest, so nobody will have to sift through endless songs and decide on their votes. So it isn't really a major clash. The actual voting stage of the next contest won't start until after the Eurovision final.

Still, glad this idea is getting a fair bit of support smile.gif

+Quote this post
Qassändra
post 24th April 2011, 11:04 PM
Post #19
Group icon
DROTTNING!

Oh, and out of interest who's hosting? In previous lots it's been the winner of the last spin-off, but Harve doesn't really take part anymore...

In any case, as there'll be various heats, I'd be more than happy to host one of them (or Andra Chansen) depending on what format you're doing if the hosts aren't all sorted.

+Quote this post
Silas
post 24th April 2011, 11:07 PM
Post #20
Group icon
Queen of Soon

QUOTE(Tyron @ Apr 25 2011, 12:04 AM) *
Oh, and out of interest who's hosting? In previous lots it's been the winner of the last spin-off, but Harve doesn't really take part anymore...

In any case, as there'll be various heats, I'd be more than happy to host one of them (or Andra Chansen) depending on what format you're doing if the hosts aren't all sorted.

Each mod takes a heat, The final is in Morpeth Cove and i currently don't know who is taking the AC round.

+Quote this post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 17th June 2024, 11:05 PM