Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "ANTI" // 8th Album
BuzzJack Music Forum > Artist Forums > View All Artists > Rihanna
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
Ryan.
I thought I might as well open this new thread as we know Rihanna has been possibly working on new tracks such as the song Nicky Romero has been working on which is confirmed below. Also, we now possibly have confirmation that Rihanna's 8th studio album is scheduled for release this autumn, most likely in November.

According to MTV.it: (translated by Google)
Riri is planning to release a new album later this year.The new material will be worked in the next few weeks and will probably be materialized in November in the eighth disc of her career (!).

http://news.mtv.it/musica/rihanna-nuovo-al...-novembre-2013/
Furthermore, here is confirmation on MTV.com that Nicky Romero has been working on a follow-up to 'Right Now' which he co-produced with David Guetta:

MTV News caught up with Nicky Romero at the Tomorrowland festival in Belgium, where he informed us that his professional relationship with Rihanna is far from over. "We actually produced the record called 'Right Now' on her album Unapologetic. So I made that one together with David Guetta and now we're working on a follow-up."

The production on the track will be "out of the box," he told us, adding quickly with a smile, "In a smooth way."

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1711661/n...nna-track.jhtml
Jack
Lets hope she gets out more than two successful singles this time! Her lead singles are usually always killer so I anticipate this greatly.
*Tim
I hope she flops* so she can finally take a freakin' break! Releasing an album every year isn't what she should be doing especially when the material is getting worse. Loud>>>Talk That Talk>>>>>>>Unapolegetic

*Not really of course but there's gotta be soemthing to stop this woman from releasing albums right?!
Tawdry Hepburn
The last era really was the pits, I really hope for better this time.
Calum
I really hope she can find a way to redeem herself with this album (obviously NOT going to happen), because the last two albums have been an utter mess. Only really about 3 highlights on each (more-so Unapologetic which had the fantastic What Now, Lost in Paradise and Love Without Tragedy). She really needs to take time out after this album and come back in a few years with a Greatest Hits, and songs up to the standard of the Loud era. sad.gif
Liаm
There was nothing wrong with Talk That Talk and Unapologetic, it's just unfortunate that she's Rihanna and she had SO much to live up to with the perfect run of Good Girl Gone Bad/Rated R/Loud, which only had about 6 or 7 below average tracks (if that!) between them for me, ultimately they fell flat. Unapologetic is a lot better than Talk That Talk overall for me, Stay, Diamonds, Lost In Paradise, Pour It Up and Love Without Tragedy are amazing but TTT only really has We Found Love and Where Have You Been as huge highlights.

But he needs a proper Only Girl/We Found Love style dance smash this time around, Right Now just wasn't good enough and that's why they didn't bother with it as the lead single. Diamonds was flawless but I wouldn't want her to make a habit of that style of song as lead singles.
Calum
QUOTE(Liаm @ Aug 8 2013, 09:38 PM) *
There was nothing wrong with Talk That Talk and Unapologetic

QUOTE(Liаm @ Aug 8 2013, 09:38 PM) *
TTT only really has We Found Love and Where Have You Been as huge highlights.

So there obviously was something wrong with it then...?
Liаm
QUOTE(Calum Sandé @ Aug 8 2013, 10:00 PM) *
So there obviously was something wrong with it then...?

I worded it wrong, what I meant that it wouldn't get SO much hate if it wasn't by an artist like her with such highly acclaimed albums. It's a bit like Sweet 7 by Sugababes sort of, that would be held in a higher regard than it was if it was by a more 'faceless' girlband like Girls Can't Catch or Parade.

Aside from the ones I mentioned and two or three below average songs, the others are largely on the same level of 7.5/8 out of 10. Same with Unapologetic really.
Scene
I'm in two minds about this. On the one hand any potential Rihanna single is welcome but on the other, it NEEDS to be FAR better than Unapologetic. That was the first album by Rihanna I haven't bought since her debut. 'Pour It Up' aside, it was just dull. Even 'Diamonds' and 'Stay' got boring - I didn't even purchase 'Stay'.

Rihanna needs to seriously think about what her next album needs to be. I don't want a Loud Part 2 because we already have that album but at the same time I don't want an album from her that is even worse than her last. I'd love Rihana to explore Afrobeat more on album 8 but I don't think it's particularly popular in the US.

I'll never say no to a 'Man Down' sequel though. heart.gif
Calum
When did she release Loud Part 2, exactly? heehee.gif

Like you though, I'm definitely up to another song similar to Man Down. One of the highlights from Loud. <3
Tawdry Hepburn
I'd really like something like Rated R. I mean, I know it wasn't her biggest success but something you can actually tell she put effort in herself would be nice.
_____
No, she goes too much into the Rated R direction already but just makes the songs more mainstream. I would like another Good Girl Gone Bad, this doesn't feel like the year to put out another Loud.
Jonjo
YES! Working with Nicky Romero, on his own <3 Hopefully it'll be as killer as I'm anticipating! Which album was meant to be 'Loud' "Part 2", Scene? laugh.gif 'Talk That Talk' was far too urban/not as radio friendly and 'Unapologetic', well...
*Tim
I think he meant we already have Loud, so he doesn't want a pt2
Acoustic
I think Unapologetic was a much stronger album than TTT.

I always love some new Riri.
Theonix
I actually am looking forward to another album from Rihanna, with the underperformance of "Pour It Up" and "Right Now", it feels like we've actually had some sort of break from her this time. The lead single is bound to première in September and I'm hoping for an upbeat comeback single!
Scene
Yeah I meant we already have Loud so there isn't much need for a part 2 album. The great thing about the likes of Good Girl Gone Bad, Rated R, Loud and Talk That Talk (I liked that album tongue.gif) is that they all sounded fresh and original when compared to Rihanna's back catalogue. She's never gone back to a sound which is why I think she's remained really popular. I know Christina tried to keep reinventing herself but she was too drastic and spent 4 years for each reinvention. laugh.gif A real Afrobeat/Caribbean-influenced album would be amazing.
dancember
A Rihanna feat. Nicky Romero lead single would be amazing wub.gif I never really got into Right Now, but obviously as that flopped they're not going to make Right Now part 2 as her new single.
Scene
Yeah I'm not really keen on the NR collab tbh. But then I'm only basing my opinion on 'I Could Be The One' and 'Right Now'. At least the flopdom of 'Right Now' can motivate them both to create something that isn't too generic.
dannjohn
It's a bit late for a Rihanna album campaign... doesn't she normally have the lead single out by the first week of August?
Scene
Normally mid-September I think. It comes around really unexpectedly (especially in the last three years).
Danny
Apparently, she ISN'T releasing anything this year.

Lee Thompson ‏@leethommo 10 Aug
So, Xmas Album Watch Update. That Robbie 'Swing' album's coming, along with Killers Gt Hits, something a bit special from Queen & no Rihanna

(This guy seems pretty reliable too, he called Katy Perry releasing in October months ago.)
Scene
ohmy.gif

Tbh with Beyonce coming back, I wouldn't mind if Rihanna took another year out. She needs to really bring the goods next album otherwise she could start to decline in popularity.
Tawdry Hepburn
Realistically though, all she really does is turn up and sing the songs given to her. I don't understand why it has to be as bad as it's been for the last two albums when she surely must have the best songwriters and producers in the world eager to give their songs to her?
Jack
Wow, those other albums being released sound THRILLING.
Calum
If it's true she's not releasing this year, then cheer.gif
dannjohn
Of course she's dropping an album later this year. It's not like she's actually done any work this year, and I don't consider her tour performances... work.
cassius__
I loved 'Unapologetic' tbh! The reason I love Rihanna is that she really tries to push out into different genres and styles. I mean 'Unapologetic', minus a few songs really wasn't THAT mainstream / pop at all. Certainly not the album you'd expect one of the biggest "popstars" to release. It was a risky album, but it suited her perfectly imo. I don't know what people expect from Rihanna, but if you're looking for something as pop as 'Loud' was, I think you're better off waiting for Katy Perry or Lady Gaga's album. (This is not to say I wouldn't be happy with another pop album from her, but Unapologetic gets too much hate).

EXCITED FOR A NEW ALBUM THOUGH. She hasn't really been around (musically) since like February, so she's been away for, in Rihanna terms, a LIFETIME.
Umi
QUOTE(~ * G R I F F * ~ @ Aug 9 2013, 12:34 PM) *
I would like another Good Girl Gone Bad, this doesn't feel like the year to put out another Loud.

Actually agreed, RnBanna seems like she'd fit right in with the current music climate, while still being somewhat ahead of the pack and aiding in bringing the sound back into the charts. I think it's definitely time Rihanna went back to her ~roots~ for a bit.
Scene
A song similar in sound to 'Umbrella' would be extremely welcome but obviously not just a rehash. I don't think she's worked with Tricky since.
Scene
Rihanna has been spotted with A$AP Rocky in New York rumoured to be shooting a video. I hope it is true! biggrin.gif
Medellíam
QUOTE(SceneofSIXCrimes @ Aug 20 2013, 05:48 PM) *
Rihanna has been spotted with A$AP Rocky in New York rumoured to be shooting a video. I hope it is true! biggrin.gif

Not sure if this rumour has been developed but this could easily be due to A$AP Rocky featuring on a single mix of 'What Now' or perhaps Rihanna featuring on one of his tracks. I do hope there is no album this year and I definitely echo that another Good Girl Gone Bad sounding album would be great; definitely her best work.
slowdown73
Good girl gone bad is certainly her most consistent album for me and its probably the one which carried most hits. Her current album has only spawned two hits in the UK and seems to have died to death but problem is it only included 3 or 4 good songs. I hope she takes a bit more time with the next album instead of rushing another out.
Ashley
Apparently Shakira's first single is going to be featuring Rihanna.

Joseph Kahn confirmed he shot Shakira's video but lots of people saying Rihanna was there to.
*Tim
I read that on twitter too! It definately makes an interesting combination
Medellíam
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a54...-new-album.html

"Going straight to the club" Sounds like another generic, lazy album to be honest. sad.gif
*Tim
If it's anything like Loud and nothing like Unapolegetic I'm so pumped for this w00t.gif
*Tim
If it's anything like Loud and nothing like Unapolegetic I'm so pumped for this w00t.gif
Jack
I am very excited to see what she comes up with, although for some reason I think she is sadly due a flop. I really hope not though obviously. Hopefully we get an upbeat lead single this time round as her last two successful singles were ballads.
Jack
Confirmed that she has been in the studio with DJ Mustard - responsible for Rack City and Feelin Myself. I can sense a more hip hop direction with this album, she obviously loves that kind of music what with pushing Pour It Up so hard and we began to see that side to her in the Unapologetic era anyway.
*Tim
In the studio with Alex Da Kid

http://instagram.com/p/j_L99hyveY/

Also known for producing Love The Way You Lie, Airplanes, Coming Home and 90% of Imagine Dragons material.
I am excited for this!
*Tim
Rihanna is set to release a concept album this year based around the upcoming animated DreamWorks film Home, according to Variety.

Jeffrey Katzenberg, CEO of DreamWorks Animation, announced the news Tuesday during the company's quarterly earnings call. Katzenberg said that Rihanna, who also stars in the film, will perform new songs, but did not provide any titles or the album's release date.

Feature: Rihanna: Crazy in Love

The film, set for release November 26th, revolves around a group of aliens that escape their enemies by hiding on Earth. Originally entitled Happy Smekday!, the 3D film is based on author Adam Rex's 2007 children's book The True Meaning of Smekday. Rihanna will star in the film as teenager Gratuity "Tip" Tucci alongside Jennifer Lopez, Steve Martin and Big Bang Theory's Jim Parsons.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/rih...6#ixzz2uky67bOV k

Appearently someone within Rihanna's circle has mentioned 2 albums this year, but that is yet to be confirmed
December Dong
Jennifer Lopez and Rihanna?

... Were all the actresses in Hollywood busy?

More music, less acting!
HauntedHaus
Earlier today Complex Magazine reported that Rihanna has "left" her longtime label, Def Jam, joining the in-house imprint at Shawn "Jay Z" Carter's management company Roc Nation. The 26-year-old singer's next album, the follow-up to 2012's "Unapologetic,” will still be distributed by Def Jam, with an announcement on official plans expected "soon," according to sources.

Source

Details coming soon ohmy.gif
*Tim
I hate the word soon. It could literally mean anytime between next week and in 2 years time
Calum
Emeli has been in Paris writing for this album, which The Radio Times say is "soon to be titled".
December Dong
She left? ohmy.gif

Money issue or shoppin aroond for a better deal?

Remember Robbie getting paid 80 million for his, uh ... music, then acting hard shadow-boxing and stuff for his 'mega pay day' or however the SUn put it LOL
*Tim
QUOTE(Calum Sandé @ May 15 2014, 10:13 PM) *
Emeli has been in Paris writing for this album, which The Radio Times say is "soon to be titled".

w00t.gif
R8 is coming!

Sia also confirmed she send Ri a song and DJ Mustard apparantly told in an interview that 2 of his songs made the album (One could feature Iggy Azalea)
Jonjo
A Rihanna & Iggy collab would literally SLAY ALL BASES. I need this collab to happen. Badly.

EDIT: Also, have people seen her hair? Bit of a change tongue.gif But I actually kinda like it on her... it suits her...
*Tim
I've seen it and I hope she used a wig. I want her as a redhead again laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.