Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nicola Roberts • General Discussion
BuzzJack Music Forum > Artist Forums > View All Artists > Girls Aloud and Solo
Pages: 1, 2
JosephStyles
Anything about Nicola that doesn't need its own thread!

AdamAloud
JosephStyles
HA. It should really have been the second single. sad.gif
Hayzayy
QUOTE(JosephStyles @ Jun 13 2014, 02:13 PM) *
HA. It should really have been the second single. sad.gif

I second this, obviously.
Jay ☆
Reform, make it happen. </3
Lukuzz
:lol <3 Nicola.

I need a new solo album from her this year, can't cope.
Tawdry Hepburn
I'm not sure even 'On The Metro' would have done anything as the second single, to me it seems there was initial comeback hype which quickly faded regardless. sad.gif

Such an epic track though!
Lukuzz
Something New probably would have got to #1 if it wasn't up against Olly, I reckon whatever they released after wouldn't have been a huge hit but if On The Metro was released over Beautiful they could have at least got a Top 10/20 single from it.
JosephStyles
If they did a proper release for On The Metro, rather than the half-arsed release they gave Beautiful Cause You Love Me, it would EASILY have been a hit IMO. sad.gif
Michael Myers
QUOTE(AdamAloud @ Jun 13 2014, 02:11 PM) *

laugh.gif

Love her reply!
JosephStyles
Cheryl wedding: Girls Aloud star Nicola Roberts defends whirlwind marriage

Cheryl Cole's former Girls Aloud bandmate Nicola Roberts has defended the X Factor judge's decision to marry Jean-Bernard Fernandez-Versini after just three months.

The singer posted on Instagram that "time is not a measure... of love", becoming the first - and so far only - member of Girls Aloud to react publicly to the news that Cheryl secretly married her French lover on the private island of Mustique last week.

Roberts shared the below picture with the caption: "For the Versinis', but mostly for her, who is happier than ever. Love. xo."

http://instagram.com/p/qcxhhJkFNQ#

Roberts's message lends weight to reports that the Cheryl will drop ex-husband Ashley Cole's surname in favour of Fernandez-Versini.

It has been claimed that the 'Crazy, Stupid, Love' singer will ask X Factor producers to announce her as Cheryl Fernandez-Versini when the show returns next month.

Cole announced her marriage on Sunday night (July 13) by posting on Instagram an image of her wedding ring, which is valued at between £200,000 and £300,000.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/news/a...~oK5dPvGmAkxzmv

Good to see Nicola defending her. Don't believe that she'll drop Cole as her stage name though, if I'm honest... unsure.gif
Jay ☆
AdamAloud
Nicola Roberts ‏@NicolaRoberts 6h
This is what happens to you when you do a night session at studio.. You get into bed and all your thoughts come and you lay there wondering

Nicola Roberts ‏@NicolaRoberts 6h
how you can make them in to sentences and then onto how can I make that sentence sound pretty.

Wonder if she's in the studio for herself or somebody else?
Lukuzz
She better release her new album next year!
JSG 🐶
a new album sounds lush. Nicola is without a doubt my fave of the girls after Cheryl ❤❤
Jay ☆
QUOTE(JSG @ Sep 18 2014, 10:22 AM) *
a new album sounds lush. Nicola is without a doubt my fave of the girls after Cheryl ❤❤

AdamAloud
Your signature would also have made a suitable answer for that Jay.
Jay ☆
QUOTE(AdamAloud @ Sep 18 2014, 04:00 PM) *
Your signature would also have made a suitable answer for that Jay.

JosephStyles
Happy 29th birthday to Nicola! biggrin.gif
sajjadali
I still havent forgiven her for unfollowing Nadine.
Tawdry Hepburn
QUOTE(sajjadali @ Oct 5 2014, 04:36 PM) *
I still havent forgiven her for unfollowing Nadine.

Did she actually do that? ohmy.gif

If it wasn't an accident, that is a pretty severe BURN.
inyourroom
After finishing a slightly overlong blog post for the 12th anniversary (scheduled to appear at 11:30, which seemed appropriate - EDIT: up here http://musicinyourroom.blogspot.com/2014/1...oud-twelve.html ) having worked on it for hours it, it's kinda spooky to return from the toilet break just to see a brand new tweet from Nicola, especially if you read an earlier post: http://musicinyourroom.blogspot.com/2014/1...r-on-earth.html
Liаm
Nicola is apparently in talks with Simon Cowell to be a BGT judge?! Odd choice imo but I think she'd be interesting to see as a judge!
JosephStyles
Yes please *.* If only to give GA some more relevance! Alesha out then?
Jay ☆
She would be an interesting signing!

Needing that second album, Nicola.
FezVez
There's a news story I never thought I'd read! I mean it must've come from somewhere and as far as I can tell there's been no denial from Nic herself so that leads me to believe there has been a discussion of sorts. Or it could be complete BS. kink.gif

I'd be more surprised if there was in change in line-up at all when the show continues to go from strength to strength with the current panel. Maybe someone doesn't want to stay on? It is this time of year the contracts are finalised, I remember the Alesha announcement being in early January as the judges auditions are not long after.
Theonix
Amanda Holden said that everyone will be back in an interview in October but that they were waiting on contracts. So still time if Alesha has pulled out. Not that anything would respark any interest from myself in this show anyway, I don't understand how it's the nation's most-viewed programme.
AdamAloud
Oh I love Amanda/Alesha/David on BGT sad.gif

Can Nicola replace Simon?
Theonix
QUOTE(AdamAloud @ Dec 28 2014, 07:16 PM) *
Oh I love Amanda/Alesha/David on BGT sad.gif

Can Nicola replace Simon?

Maybe she's replacing Ant & Dec as presenter laugh.gif
Jay ☆
NICOLA ROBERTS SAYS THERE WON’T BE A SECOND SOLO ALBUM (YET)

BRACE YOURSELVES FOR FURY: ‘Yo-Yo’ hitmaker Nicola Roberts has said she’s too busy writing for other people to work on her second solo album.

“At the minute I’ve just been taking time to write for other artists,” she mused to Radio 1 Newsbeat (as quoted here), as calm as you like.

As if nothing was the matter.

As if her words would not break a million hearts.

As if she and she alone did not hold in her hands the hopes and dreams of a generation.

She continued: “It’s been four years since ‘Cinderella’s Eyes’ [YES WE KNOW THAT] and in that four years I’ve changed quite a lot as a person.”

“I think you need time to figure out the sounds you are inspired by [MOST PEOPLE MANAGE IT IN 18 MONTHS LET’S BE REAL HERE] and I’ve got some really exciting artists cutting some songs that I’m really excited by.”

Great, cheers everyone.

Nicola also said there wasn’t going to be a Girls Aloud reunion anytime soon (which is just as well because everyone’s really getting into that Sarah Harding comeback), but she did add that she was a big fan of Little Mix, so that’s something.

Source: http://www.popjustice.com/thenews/nicola-r...bum-yet/137255/

mellow.gif
JosephStyles
Oh Nicola sad.gif
SGrey
cry.gif

Noooooo, I've really got into Cinderella's Eye's over the last few weeks and would have loved a follow up cry.gif
AdamAloud
I suppose a song 'Written by Nicola Roberts and performed by Little Mix' is gonna get played on Radio 1 and bring in the ROYALTIES compared to a song 'Written and performed by Nicola Roberts'.
Seinfeld
QUOTE(AdamAloud @ Jul 15 2015, 01:40 PM) *
I suppose a song 'Written by Nicola Roberts and performed by Little Mix' is gonna get played on Radio 1 and bring in the ROYALTIES compared to a song 'Written and performed by Nicola Roberts'.

I get the feeling Little Mix have ditched Nicola now... kink.gif
SGrey
QUOTE(OutstandingMixer @ Jul 15 2015, 08:22 PM) *
I get the feeling Little Mix have ditched Nicola now... kink.gif

Didn't she write a few tracks for Salute?
Seinfeld
QUOTE(Sean. @ Jul 15 2015, 09:22 PM) *
Didn't she write a few tracks for Salute?

She co-wrote one track on 'DNA' and two tracks on 'Salute'. It's just speculation on my part, but I reckon anything she contributed might have been left on their 'scrapped' album.
AdamAloud
I just used Little Mix as an example.
dannjohn
Heartbroken.
Tawdry Hepburn
I sort of accepted years ago that the likelihood of ever getting a second album from her is slim to none.
panther25
nocheer.gif
inyourroom
The last of the Girls has left her twenties behind today (doesn't look like she has though biggrin.gif)
In case she's reading this (and why wouldn't she?): happy birthday, Ms Roberts!
Jay ☆
Happy birthday Nicola! Gosh, all in their 30s now. In two and a half years I'll be joining them D:
JosephStyles
Happy birthday Nicola! cheer.gif Gosh it feels strange that they're all in their 30s now ohmy.gif
AdamAloud
The way they act with each other though you'd think they were 17.
JosephStyles
biggrin.gif!
FezVez
She looked incredible!
JosephStyles
Imagem has signed a multi-year worldwide publishing deal with solo artist Nicola Roberts, best known for being in Girls Aloud.

Roberts has also written for former Girls Aloud member Cheryl on her current album Only Human, as well as with Little Mix’s on their first two albums; a role she will reprise on their next record.

In 2011 she also released her acclaimed debut, Cinderella’s Eyes which included collaborations with Metronomy and Diplo.

“We are absolutely thrilled that Nicola has joined the Imagem family,” said Kim Frankiewicz MD of Imagem Music UK. “For over a decade she has made a significant contribution to pop culture in the UK and beyond; as an artist she has a huge breadth of ability, and as a songwriter she has a real intimacy to her lyrics as well as being a fantastic collaborator.”

Roberts added: “I'm so happy to have signed my publishing with Kim Frankiewicz and her team at Imagem. Kim is encouraging and passionate about my work as a songwriter and also as an artist. It was important to me to find someone who understands my journey through both. Imagem have some incredible talent on their roster and I am thrilled to be part of the family.”

"We are incredibly excited for Nicola’s future with Imagem,” commented Sarah Stennett, CEO First Access Entertainment. “Nicola is an exceptionally talented artist & songwriter and the partnership with Kim and her fantastic team will no doubt lead to great things.”

from MusicWeek.
Hayzayy
ALBUM NUMBER 2 PLEASE.
Davidson
Track on Tinashe's new mixtape 'Nightride' that was co-written by Nicola and you can hear her vocals in the background of the chorus.

'Ghetto Boy' is possibly my favourite on the whole mixtape so come through Nicola.
ThePensmith
I have just got round to watching 'High Street Hijabis' and 'New York Hijabis', the two documentaries Nicola did with modest fashion YouTube vlogger Nabiilabee for Radio 1. Both are on BBC iPlayer for the next year and I would highly recommend both to watch. Really insightful viewing.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.