BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Elvis Week 2014
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Tilly
post Aug 4 2014, 08:48 PM
Post #1
I just can't help believin'
Group: Members
Member No.: 191
   No Gallery Pics

Jerry Schilling at Official Insiders & Priscilla event Sold Out:

EPE is excited to announce that Elvis' lifelong friend Jerry Schilling will be speaking at the Official Insiders Event taking place August 14, at the Elvis Week Main Stage. Jerry Schilling is a veteran music industry professional and childhood friend to Elvis Presley. He was with Elvis the day he met President Richard Nixon and he also worked with Elvis throughout his career. As his lifelong friend, he travelled around the country on Elvis' tours. Schilling co-edited the now famous "Elvis On Tour" with Martin Scorsese. He has spent forty years in the entertainment industry working as an actor, film editor, producer, and manager for acts such as the Beach Boys and Jerry Lee Lewis. He still currently resides in the West Hollywood Hills home that Elvis gave him.
Go HERE for EIN's 2008 interview with Jerry Schilling http://www.elvisinfonet.com/interview_jerryschilling.html
Other guests at the Official Insiders Event include The Memphis Boys’ members Bobby Wood, Gene Chrisman and Reggie Young; representatives from Sony and Warner Bros. talking about "Elvis: That’s The Way It Is; Elvis artist and fellow Insider Joe Petruccio; Elvis’ jeweller Lowell Hays; and authors of the new FTD book "Elvis Presley: Memphis To Nashville '61" Pål Granlund and David English.
- In other Elvis Week news, Priscilla Presley at Conversations on Elvis has Sold Out:
With both EPE regulars Jerry Schilling and Priscilla being added to the 2014 Elvis Week line-up, along with Elvis' Imperials, it seems that EPE's list of possible new and interesting guests is drying up.
EIN suggests why not Billy Smith, Marty Lacker and Ginger Alden all on stage together for next year!?!
Other announced guest for 2014 'Conversations on Elvis' include Elvis' Imperials Terry Blackwood and Joe Moscheo plus 'Kissin' Cousins' co-star Cynthia Pepper.
Regarding Priscilla This event is now sold out, there may be a very limited amount of tickets that become available the day of the event at the door.
Go HERE to EPE's Schedule of Events. http://www.graceland.com/elvisweek/schedule/

EIN's Sanja Meegin will be there to report all the stories

(News, Source;EPE/ElvisInfoNet)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tilly
post Sep 8 2014, 07:59 PM
Post #2
I just can't help believin'
Member No.: 191
   No Gallery Pics

As part of a tour I made this summer, I was in Memphis for three nights at the beginning of Elvis Week. Of course, being in Memphis, I had to visit Graceland. As always, it was fantastic. It's a great feeling walking through that famous front door! There were a few changes from my last visit in 2007. They now issue the visitors with an iPad and headphones as opposed to simply an audio tape. There were a few changes to exhibits as well, in fact, after touring the mansion, you get back onto the bus to an exhibit building behind the house where there are new exhibits on display and a presentation by Graceland staff of additional items and films.

I visited Sun Studios again and they have recently added a great display. Of course Dewey Phillips is well documented at playing a very important role in bringing Elvis' talents to the world as a DJ on WHBQ, the first to play an Elvis record on his show! The Chisca Hotel, from where he broadcast his show, is currently being restored and the tiles on the wall, the turntables, the audio board and microphone from the original WHBQ studio, are now displayed at Sun Studio. Definitely an added treat!

I also visited Stax Museum for the first time on this trip. Fantastic place from where such great music originated!
My third visit to Memphis and I hope that it won't be my last cool.gif

+Quote Post
BeautifulAngel
post Sep 25 2014, 11:11 AM
Post #3
Love me tender, love me sweet, never let me go.
Member No.: 188

QUOTE(Tilly @ Sep 8 2014, 08:59 PM) *
As part of a tour I made this summer, I was in Memphis for three nights at the beginning of Elvis Week. Of course, being in Memphis, I had to visit Graceland. As always, it was fantastic. It's a great feeling walking through that famous front door! There were a few changes from my last visit in 2007. They now issue the visitors with an iPad and headphones as opposed to simply an audio tape. There were a few changes to exhibits as well, in fact, after touring the mansion, you get back onto the bus to an exhibit building behind the house where there are new exhibits on display and a presentation by Graceland staff of additional items and films.

I visited Sun Studios again and they have recently added a great display. Of course Dewey Phillips is well documented at playing a very important role in bringing Elvis' talents to the world as a DJ on WHBQ, the first to play an Elvis record on his show! The Chisca Hotel, from where he broadcast his show, is currently being restored and the tiles on the wall, the turntables, the audio board and microphone from the original WHBQ studio, are now displayed at Sun Studio. Definitely an added treat!

I also visited Stax Museum for the first time on this trip. Fantastic place from where such great music originated!
My third visit to Memphis and I hope that it won't be my last cool.gif

Great pics Carole, sounds like you had a great time 😊

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:31 PM