BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Super Melodifestivalen 2014 - Deltävling Fyra
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Silas
post Aug 29 2014, 09:54 PM
Post #1
Queen of Soon
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 3,474

GOD AFTEN!!!!! Välkommen till Super Melodifestivalen, där vi har nått deltävling fyra! We are in the final heat of Super Melodifestivalen so you've got one last chance to send two lucky stars Direkt Till Finalen and save three others from career death by offering them a lifeline to Andra Chansen.

Last time out, we saw Swedish language Sanna triumph, Anniela almost revive her career and the shock dismissal of Alcazar and Ace Wilder. So what, and who does our final heat hold in store for us?

01. Eric Saade - Popular

HE WILL BE POPULAR. First up it's 2011's winner Eric Saade with Popular! Robbed of it's deserved victory in Eurovision by some insipid turd of a track from Italy and that awful country out east that buys votes for it's horrific entries and won with "Running, I'm Scared of what our Government will do to Eli once they realise he's a homo". This is a fabulous little number although Eric has fail to hit the dizzying highs of Popular since. Will he repeat his Heat 4 triumph here tonight?

02. Anton Ewald - Begging

Lordy this is atrocious. I am judging everyone who votes for this turd. Anton finished 4th in 2013 reaching the final via Andra Chansen, beating the two tracks that went DTG from Delt 2 and topping the public vote. Will Buzzjack send him DTG, to AC or a fate more in line with his Final 2014 placing?

03. Nanne Grönvall - Håll om mig

Hold onto your WEAVES Nanne has arrived to save us all! Robbed of rightful victory all the way back in 2005, before most Buzzjackers were even born, Nanne finished 2nd to Martin Stenmark's Las Vegas by a margin of just 3 points despite slaying the public vote. Public outrage ensued which SVT ignored and Nanne was never given the chance to bless Europa with Håll Om Mig. It's pop at it's most unhinged and really what this contest is all about. Will Buzzjack right a historical wrong and crown Nanne victor?

04. Caroline af Ugglas - Snälla snälla

I think we all know where Pavel's 12 is going. Surprise package of 2009 is up next, Caroline Af Ugglas who shined in Andra Chansen and nearly stole the whole damned show. Snälla Snälla finished second with the public, fifth with the jury's and second overall. Can she get her revenge on La Voix a second time around?

05. Måns Zelmerlöw - Cara Mia

Another golden oldie next as Måns Zelmerlöw sashays in from stage left with Cara Mia, his MF debut. What a debut it is as well! Winning Delt 3 on the way to finishing 3rd in the final behind the biggest c**t in Sweden and 'The Ark'. Written by 2/3s of Vågar Du, Vågar Jag's crew can Måns emulate Queen Sanna's success and make it out of this heat of death?

06. Carola - Evighet

The queen of the wind machine is our second former winner in this heat where it went on to finish 5th at ESC in 2006, yes it's another old un, as 'Invincible'. Evighet utterly dominated Delt 3 taking nearly 3 times the amount of votes as the second place finisher. She then went on to annihilate the competition in the final. Can she repeat that feat here tonight?

07. Jenny Silver - Something In Your Eyes

Back to 2011 now for the schlagergasm that is Something In Your Eyes. This Buzzjack fave was booted out of AC by Love Generation despite the fax that it should have sailed through to Globen ahead of the awful Swingfly. Can we right this awful wrong???? (YES WE BLOODY CAN)

08. Molly Sandén - Why Am I Crying

Returning to the MF stage one year after ex-boyfriend Eric's victory with a killer break-up anthem Ashtonise saviour Molly Sandén. Molly qualified from Delt3 in first along with MIRAKEL in what was probably the most *.* set of DTG qualifiers in MF history on her way to a 5th placed finish. THE INJUSTICE!!!! Still, it did better than Mirakel. This will be qualifying, I will accept no other outcome.

09. Charlotte Perrelli - Hero

From one legend to another it's only 2008's sodding winner Charlotte Perrelli! Smashing Delt 4 from the pimp spot this went on to smash the final and smashed in Belgrade finishing err...18th only making it to the final thanks to the jury wild card. While Charles couldn't quite match her former peak in Serbia, tonight is Buzzjack's chance to save Perrelli's flatlining career after The Girl.

10. Danny Saucedo - Amazing

Rob will be pleased! It's another trip to 2012, this time for the runner up and Delt 4 winner Danny Saucedo. The follow-up to 'In The Club' couldn't quite overcome the Loreen machine as it roared its way to Eurodomination. Still, Danny didn't give up and returned once again in 2013 to host MF giving us a rendition of the song that beat him along the way. If you feel, like Rob does, that Danny was robbed then now is your chance to right that wrong! Plus look how awesome those suits in the video are!

You have until 23:59 on September 6th to get your votes to me (Silas) via PM. That should be long enough for you to reorganise your votes in this heat of death at least 208512 times.

Points are to be given as follows:

And there's even a nice copy/paste list of the songs too!

01. Eric Saade - Popular
02. Anton Ewald - Begging
03. Nanne Grönvall - Håll om mig
04. Caroline af Ugglas - Snälla snälla
05. Måns Zelmerlöw - Cara Mia
06. Carola - Evighet
07. Jenny Silver - Something In Your Eyes
08. Molly Sandén - Why Am I Crying
10. Danny Saucedo - Amazing

Ok, go go go!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Qassändra
post Aug 29 2014, 10:11 PM
Post #2
DROTTNING!
Group: Members
Member No.: 480
   No Gallery Pics

Closing with AMAZING over HERO?

BLASPHEMY!

+Quote Post
Qassändra
post Aug 29 2014, 10:12 PM
Post #3
DROTTNING!
   No Gallery Pics

Jesus Christ though this heat really is INSANELY KILLER

And I have to say, if the GREATEST SONG EVER WRITTEN (i.e. HERO) doesn't go direkt with EASE then quite frankly you cunts don't DESERVE MELODIFESTIVALEN!

PREDIX

DTG: Anton Ewald, Popular
AC: Charlotte, Danny, Molly
06: Carola (LITERAL BLASPHEMY)
07: Måns
08: Nanne
09: Caroline af Ugglas
10: Jenny

+Quote Post
Qassändra
post Aug 29 2014, 10:19 PM
Post #4
DROTTNING!
   No Gallery Pics

Seriously though, that Evighet performance is like a RELIGIOUS EXPERIENCE

And don't even get me STARTED on the Hero perf *o*

+Quote Post
randomfurlong
post Aug 29 2014, 10:21 PM
Post #5
musing
Member No.: 13,969
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Cassandra @ Aug 29 2014, 11:12 PM) *
07: Måns
08: Nanne
10: Jenny

these cannot be allowed to happen cry.gif

+Quote Post
Qween
post Aug 29 2014, 10:22 PM
Post #6
Schlagerdrottningen
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 11,709

I think Cassandra has already used up an entire LIFETIME SUPPLY of hyperbole re. Hero, but it's all f***ING TRUE *.*

+Quote Post
Qween
post Aug 29 2014, 10:24 PM
Post #7
Schlagerdrottningen

But seriously, f*** me at having to choose between three of those for my 10 points, I won't even pretend they come close to getting top marks because that would be RIDIC.

+Quote Post
Qassändra
post Aug 29 2014, 10:24 PM
Post #8
DROTTNING!
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(J▼hnkm @ Aug 29 2014, 11:22 PM) *
I think Cassandra has already used up an entire LIFETIME SUPPLY of hyperbole re. Hero, but it's all f***ING TRUE *.*

I was considering holding back, but quite frankly IT IS and anyone who disagrees can SASHAY INTO HELL!

+Quote Post
Qassändra
post Aug 29 2014, 10:26 PM
Post #9
DROTTNING!
   No Gallery Pics

I mean has there EVER BEEN A GREATER MOMENT in WESTERN CIVILISATION than THAT KEY CHANGE accompanied by the ICONIC THREE-POINT GAY NAZI SALUTE followed swiftly by a MONEY NOTE WHICH TEARS THE VERY FABRIC OF SPACE AND TIME?!

I think NOT!

+Quote Post
Qassändra
post Aug 29 2014, 10:31 PM
Post #10
DROTTNING!
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Silas @ Aug 29 2014, 10:54 PM) *

From one legend to another it's only 2008's sodding winner Charlotte Perrelli! Smashing Delt 4 from the pimp spot this went on to smash the final and smashed in Belgrade finishing err...18th only making it to the final thanks to the jury wild card.

Also WHAT IS THIS SHIT? I will NOT have a mockery made of Charlotte by having ALTERNATE HISTORIES WHERE SHE DIDN'T WIN THE WHOLE EUROVISION WITH ALL OF THE 12S PEDDLED

+Quote Post
gooddelta
post Aug 29 2014, 10:51 PM
Post #11
Hello?
Member No.: 116
   No Gallery Pics

Nine of these are 9.5/10+ songs, and I feel distraught to have to exclude two stone cold classics from my votes. The remaining song is a solid and lovely 8/10 that I'll be disowned for not voting for but it doesn't hold a candle to the rest of this heat for me.

Muscling in on the Hero hype, it pains me that a joyful but rather by-the-numbers ABBA pastiche can win the contest for Charlotte but this absolutely legendary and life enhancing discoschlager anthem needed juries to lift it past Sanna into Eurovision and further jury support to not completely embarrass itself when it got there.

If Caroline Af Ugglas can avoid last place that would be lovely but it's on the cards I feel.

+Quote Post
Qassändra
post Aug 29 2014, 10:53 PM
Post #12
DROTTNING!
   No Gallery Pics

Seriously though, examining that COUNTERFACTUAL HISTORY, it actually HORRIFIES ME that a (parallel) universe exists where Hero finished twelfth in the semi, technically making it the LEAST SUCCESSFUL SWEDISH ENTRY EVER

And though I don't subscribe to the view of Take Me To Your Heaven as a BY THE NUMBERS PASTICHE (it's like THREE MINUTES OF MUSICAL HEROIN!) of Charlotte's two wins Hero was DEFINITELY the MORE ESSENTIAL

+Quote Post
gooddelta
post Aug 29 2014, 10:57 PM
Post #13
Hello?
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Cassandra @ Aug 29 2014, 11:53 PM) *
And though I don't subscribe to the view of Take Me To Your Heaven as a BY THE NUMBERS PASTICHE (it's like THREE MINUTES OF MUSICAL HEROIN!) of Charlotte's two wins Hero was DEFINITELY the MORE ESSENTIAL

It's basically I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday schlagerfied. I love it, don't get me wrong, but All Out Of Luck, Diamond Of Night and Say It Again were better entries for me from 1999 - not that I'm saying any of them deserved to win over her, it was a great winner at exactly the right time.

+Quote Post
Qween
post Aug 29 2014, 10:58 PM
Post #14
Schlagerdrottningen

Hero is LIFE ALTERING FABULOUSITY, Take Me To Your Heaven is merely a 13/10 amazing pop song (and the best ESC winner)

+Quote Post
gooddelta
post Aug 29 2014, 11:01 PM
Post #15
Hello?
   No Gallery Pics

As tragic as Charlotte's Hero result was, I don't think anybody can dispute the two floppiest MF winners/Swedish ESC entrants:

+Quote Post
Qassändra
post Aug 29 2014, 11:04 PM
Post #16
DROTTNING!
   No Gallery Pics

Coming (in this alternate universe) twelfth in the semi would still be worse than Bergenwhal!

+Quote Post
Qassändra
post Aug 29 2014, 11:05 PM
Post #17
DROTTNING!
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(J▼hnkm @ Aug 29 2014, 11:58 PM) *
Take Me To Your Heaven is merely a 13/10 amazing pop song (and the best ESC winner)

SECOND

+Quote Post
Iz 🌟
post Aug 30 2014, 08:18 PM
Post #18
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 12,929
   No Gallery Pics

Death to Danny and Anton, glory for Harlot/Jenny/Mans,not overly fused about where the rest finish.

Seriously, if Begging comes anywhere other than in last I will be rather disappointed because that's the only place it should be. I suppose Amazing is actually worse but there's no way he's finishing bottom.

+Quote Post
RobBot
post Aug 30 2014, 08:43 PM
Post #19
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 7,117

PREDICTIONS

DTF: Eric / Charlotte
AC: Mans / Molly / Caroline
6th: Carola
7th: Danny
8th: Nanne
9th: Anton
10th: Jenny

Can Danny please at least go to AC though please? sad.gif It's all I'm asking for.

+Quote Post
p a v
post Aug 30 2014, 09:34 PM
Post #20
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
Member No.: 4,397

You know this heat is bad when you have to give Carola points~~

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:10 PM