BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Sin City: A Dame To Kill For, Revenge is a dish best served cold..
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Insomnio
post 23rd September 2014, 09:21 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 10,742

It took nine years for "Sin City 2" to be released in theaters although the original film was one of the most commercial movies that year (2005)! "Sin City" is based on a comic book series that has an advanced content which is not suitable for children and teenagers. Frank Miller was the creator of these dark stories and he collaborated with Robert Rodriguez for the direction of the movie again! They didn't want to make an exact adaptation of the comic, so they added two new stories which were written by Frank Miller exclusively for the "A Dame To Kill For". Nevertheless, there wasn't a great buzz about the new movie but I really didn't want to lose this movie for anything since I found the first film incredibly exciting! It's very unique because it certainly stands out visually and aesthetically than other comic book adaptations we've seen so far.
"Sin City 2: A Dame To Kill For" consists of four intriguing stories that are based on the revenge. It contained several provocative and violent scenes accompanied by smart and poignant quotes and the whole atmosphere is reminiscent of classic gangster movies. This film involves many famous actors/actresses (Mickey Rourke, Josh Brolin, Eva Green, Bruce Willis, Rosario Dawson, Joseph-Gordon Levitt, Jessica Alba, Ray Liotta etc.) and all of them were convincing with their characters. The black-red color dominated in most shots of the film and the cinematography was excellent for this type of film. The visual and sound effects were superb and the team of editing and photography did their best work. The soundtrack of the film was full of hardcore sounds and the scenery actually represented a very sinful city. The collaboration between Miller and Rodriguez performed very well on the big screen both of two times although the first did not want to grant the rights of the book series to become a movie. However, Rodriguez finally convinced him because of his insistence and the love he had for the illustrated stories of "Sin City". Besides, "Sin City" could be a real miniature society because the data used (mafia, prostitution, gambling, corrupt cops) are always in the largest cities of the world so I would not say that it is a figment of the imagination of the author..
"Sin City: A Dame To Kill For" didn't have the best opening in the Box Office. It had fairly low numbers in the first three days of the release and this is very disappointing! It has been released in most countries worldwide, and it has similar earnings in these Box Office. It seems that it will not overcome its budget ($65.0000.000) and too many have already claimed it as one of the biggest failures this year. Maybe, a reason for its luck of success is that it took long time to come out in theaters due to various problems and delays resulting from the production and actors. Many fans of the first film lost their enthusiasm for the rest of the story. Furthermore, the production studio Weinstein / Dimension did not promote it as it should be and this caused an even bigger problem as it also didn't have the best reviews from critics everywhere . But anyway, "Sin City : A Dame To Kill For" has amassed a pretty good average score in IMDb (7,0) indicating that it is getting a positive review from those who have watched it so far. Moreover, the total earnings does not always represent the quality or the good result of a film nor a real appreciation of the audience. Personally I liked it very much because it was one of the most unique films I've seen so far. I'm sure that I will not have forgotten it until the new year (in contrast with other films...).

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 03:11 PM