Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Night Changes • Single #2
BuzzJack Music Forum > Artist Forums > View All Artists > One Direction and Solo
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Sailor Steve
The boys of One Direction don’t rest for a moment and go ahead with the promotion of their highly-anticipated fourth studio album “FOUR“, scheduled to be released on digital retailers on November 17, 2014 via Syco and Columbia Records.

Having recently premiered the video of their latest single “Steal My Girl“, the boys filmed a new music video at Natural History Museum in London on October 27th.

The second official single taken from the album is “Night Changes“. It was written by Jamie Scott, Julian Bunetta, Niall Horan, John Ryan, Harry Styles, and Louis Tomlinson.

The song will be premiered on radios in early-November. Get ready for their winter anthem!

Not 100% confirmed of course but josepvinaixa is a very reliable source! Let's just hope it's not been muddled up with the first instant grat or something kink.gif
AdamAloud
Moving quite quickly from 'Steal My Girl' then, I wonder if it'll be this they perform on X Factor then?

I've seen quite a few pics of Harry filming at the ice rink at the National History museum on tumblr.
Sailor Steve
Wouldn't surprise me if this actually is the first instant grat but also the second single, in a similar way to Story of My Life? I've heard about the ice rink filming as well, sounds quite interesting if that's for a music video ohmy.gif
Maurice!
Judging the pics of Harry at the ice Rink, the video/song will be very christmassy.
AdamAloud
I'd love a big Christmas-esque ballad from them. wub.gif
Maurice!
Picture of Louis today shooting for the video in Hyde Park
Calum
manson.gif if this really is the second single. There's still plenty they could at least try to do to give 'Steal My Girl' some chart longevity. I get the impression they're just going to try and shuffle through this whole era as quickly as possible, which is a shame because they really could have made something of it had they not been fucking touring all year.
Rooney
Well they usually do two singles before the album don't they?

Steal My Girl is the first single to get the buzz around, and then when the album comes out they will move on to a ballady type single. I see no reason to ruin a winning forumla. Two singles sells the album better, and they'll obviously need radio to play a song over Christmas, as give it a couple of weeks then Steal My Girl will be getting de-listed.
SamJudd
It's kinda quick, hopefully it will be better than Steal My Girl
Calum
So the apparent lyrics to this are floating around on Tumblr...
Maurice!
Well the song leaked and IMO it's a bit boring. The chorus is Harry alone with the rest doing the oohs. Maybe it grows on me but for now it's my least favourite song of Four so far.
AdamAloud
QUOTE(MauriceStoran @ Nov 7 2014, 05:23 PM) *
Well the song leaked and IMO it's a bit boring. The chorus is Harry alone with the rest doing the oohs. Maybe it grows on me but for now it's my least favourite song of Four so far.

My inbox is a lovely place to visit Maurice! biggrin.gif
Maurice!
QUOTE(AdamAloud @ Nov 7 2014, 06:28 PM) *
My inbox is a lovely place to visit Maurice! biggrin.gif

It is a lovely place indeed
AdamAloud
After not being initially sure of this, it's really grown on me. Harry's vocal in the chorus is just wub.gif
Sailor Steve
Harry's voice sounds AMAZING on this. I've heard it a couple of times, does seem like it'll be a big grower! biggrin.gif
Maurice!
Heard it a few times still think it's as bad as Gotta Be You.
AdamAloud
QUOTE(MauriceStoran @ Nov 8 2014, 02:30 PM) *
Heard it a few times still think it's as bad as Gotta Be You.

HausofTove
Listening to the album for the first time now, and when i got to this i thought "oh this will probably be standard album filler" but it's actually the next SINGLE ohmy.gif

A very brave choice, doesn't sound too much like a hit at all. But it's quite lovely and understated so i will put it down as a potential grower for now. Definitely no 'Steal My Girl' though.
Sailor Steve
kk three listens in and TOTALLY sold on this wub.gif
Rooney
Night Changes is beautiful.
Maurice!
QUOTE(CherylStyles @ Nov 8 2014, 04:28 PM) *
kk three listens in and TOTALLY sold on this wub.gif

Thought you would love this as Harry stan laugh.gif
Sailor Steve
QUOTE(MauriceStoran @ Nov 8 2014, 03:41 PM) *
Thought you would love this as Harry stan laugh.gif

kink.gif His voice is brilliant, always been a fan of it, hence my huge love for songs like More Than This and Taken where he leads the chorus!
Maurice!
But why release this as single when you have Where Do Broken Hearts Go and Stockholm Syndrom wub.gif
Maurice!
QUOTE(CherylStyles @ Nov 8 2014, 04:43 PM) *
kink.gif His voice is brilliant, always been a fan of it, hence my huge love for songs like More Than This and Taken where he leads the chorus!

I do love his voice, his,Zayn and Niall are the best voices in the band (no shade to Liam but he doesn't show his voice that much )
AdamAloud
QUOTE(MauriceStoran @ Nov 8 2014, 03:44 PM) *
But why release this as single when you have Where Do Broken Hearts Go and Stockholm Syndrom wub.gif

As much as I love 'Stockholm Syndrome' I don't think it would work as a single.

'Where Do Broken Hearts Go' and 'Ready To Run' are the obvious choices for singles 3 and 4.
Maurice!
QUOTE(AdamAloud @ Nov 8 2014, 04:49 PM) *
As much as I love 'Stockholm Syndrome' I don't think it would work as a single.

'Where Do Broken Hearts Go' and 'Ready To Run' are the obvious choices for singles 3 and 4.

So was They Don't Know About Us and they basically ignored that song.
Rooney
This is the sort of song radio will eat up though, it's a nice ballad, and Harry sings the main part.

I think they will go for a real festive/warm type of video. This is the song that will sell the album over Xmas... while I think there are stronger songs on the album, the chorus is very infectious. Plus I think the song has wide appeal.
Calum
One Direction will perform a live concert from the set of Eastenders on Friday.

The band will sing their new song Night Changes during a live performance for the BBC Children in Need appeal.

They’re expected to appear on the bridge on the Albert Square set.

The band said: “It’s a charity that we hold very close to our hearts and we are really excited about our performance in the iconic Albert Square.”

Harry Styles, Zayn Malik, Niall Horan, Liam Payne and Louis Tomlinson are also expected to perform their current single Steal My Girl which is number nine in this week’s Official charts.

The Children in Need show, which will last for more than six hours, will also feature an appearance by The Script.

The Irish band will also be on the Eastenders set and will do their gig in the Queen Vic.
Jay ☆
I remember when they were in the Queen Vic (last year?) and they didn't exactly seem thrilled to be there. laugh.gif
Maurice!
Isn't like the whole show this year on the Eastenders set? I really want to see the show this year because of 1D and offcourse the S Club 7 reunion shame it's clashing with Gogglebox which i really love.
Maurice!
I might have changed my opinion on this song laugh.gif
Sailor Steve
HA it's definitely a huge grower, I adore it now wub.gif

Love your new sig too Maurice *.*
Sailor Steve
OUT 14TH DECEMBER

1 Night Changes (Afterhrs Remix)
2 Night Changes (Live Acoustic Session)
3 Steal My Girl (Live Acoustic Session)

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/night-changes/id937259625

Placeholder artwork only for now but YAY at this pushing on quickly, unlike bloody Midnight Memories the single. Ties in perfectly with an XF final performance too!
AdamAloud
PHYSICAL SINGLE TOO PLEASE

I hope this doesn't go all 'Beautiful 'Cause You Love Me' on us.
Jay ☆
QUOTE(AdamAloud @ Nov 14 2014, 04:30 PM) *
PHYSICAL SINGLE TOO PLEASE

[2]

A release for Christmas week! Will be interesting to see where it charts. An X Factor final performance must be on the cards!
Cremey
I actually love this, by far their best ballad and perfect for a winter release.
Only thing I'm not keen on is Louis' part but that's mainly because I've never been a fan of that nasal voice!
G𝓪𝓻y
Who does the high note in this? It's WONDERFUL (on the live version?)
*Callum
This song is beautiful IMO, much better than Steal My Girl! wub.gif
AdamAloud

Stunning.
Sailor Steve
I prefer this to Steal My Girl now, without a doubt, such a huuuuge grower wub.gif
Maurice!
I still prefer Steal My Girl but Night Changes sounds way better live than on record.
Jay ☆
Children in Need performance was the first time I heard this. Really nice!
Rooney
See I told you all this was brilliant biggrin.gif

I think when listening to the album as a piece, it doesn't stand out massively because there are more anthemic/catchy songs on there. Waiting for the video now, I think this could do really well over December.
AdamAloud
Sailor Steve
Good grief, it's like something out of Calum's dreams!

kink.gif
Calum
Well... kink.gif
Jay ☆
Zayn taking a sip from a wine glass is literally going to be all over my Tumblr feed now, oh goodness laugh.gif
AdamAloud
QUOTE(-Jay- @ Nov 16 2014, 05:41 PM) *
Zayn taking a sip from a wine glass is literally going to be all over my Tumblr feed now, oh goodness laugh.gif

Thirsty? kink.gif
Sailor Steve
Maurice!
I hate these 5 days to go videos release the damn video already.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.