BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Great Cinema Experiences
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
UltraCruelSummer
post 21st May 2015, 10:48 PM
Post #1
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947
What good cinema experiences have you had?

I'll add some of mine later tomorrow smile.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 22nd May 2015, 12:29 AM
Post #2
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
I went to watch 'Step Up 2' back in 2008 and the screen was sold out, but I had decent seats and in the comedy moments it was such a good feeling, hearing everybody laugh at the same joke and seemingly enjoyed it just as much as I did. Really positive vibe. 'Inbetweeners' was also a brilliant experience, again just down to everyone laughing at the same stuff and not laughing stupidly etc... A sell out screen is by far and away the best time to watch a comedy!

I also went to the midnight showing of the last 'Harry Potter' film and it was such a moment because most people got up and clapped at the end! Such an awesome feeling.

'Paranormal Activity 2' was also another good one for me. Just seeing everyone cower down and hearing shuffling as the screen says "Night #2 - 2:38am" etc... laugh.gif SO funny, tense and horrifying! Haha.

+Quote this post
Hadji
post 22nd May 2015, 12:44 AM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 21,386
Mad Max: Fury Road. It was really packed and I didn't like the seats I was sat on because I couldn't see the screen properly as they were the only seats I could get but then, 3 people who had decent seats walked out of the film half an hour into it so then me and my mate nabbed the seats and I could see the screen properly

+Quote this post
Severin
post 22nd May 2015, 08:22 AM
Post #4
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 9,872
Scala all night cinema in London. Sometime around the early 90s After having watched EvilDead 1&2 and Videodrome they put on A Nightmare On Elm Street 4. By this time I was drifting in a out of sleep and was no longer sure what was real and what I was dreaming. I've never bothered to watch the film again since as I'm pretty sure it won't be as mental and brilliant as I thought it was that night.

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post 22nd May 2015, 11:27 AM
Post #5
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232
I went to the Frightfest all-nighter in Empire Leicester Square in 2013, was a whole night's worth of back-to-back horror films, going from 8pm until 8am! The atmosphere was so fun and the films went the BEST quality all the way through, but they added to the mood and there was quite a variety of films in there. Probably the most fun film going I've ever been to, really wanna go back this year.

+Quote this post
Math!
post 22nd May 2015, 12:36 PM
Post #6
Group icon
(✿◠‿◠)
Pronouns: new york
User: 19,852
I once went to an independent cinema where we watched a decent movie but the experience was AMAZING. The building was historical and beautiful and the snacks were like the price of the grocery store! ohmy.gif

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd April 2024, 08:22 AM