BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> San Andreas, Out 28/05/15
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
JSG
post 24th May 2015, 06:13 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 18,473

I'm going to see this on Thursday with Jamie cheer.gif

I can't wait to see it since it looks epic. Also it will be my next movie review which you will be able to see here.
http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=178278

Anyway this stars the Rock and a few other famous faces but it does look like a less epic version of 2012.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 24th May 2015, 10:06 PM
Post #2
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308

Pros: COLTON HAYNES wub.gif
Cons: I live in California so I'm pretty much watching 2 hours of how I'm gonna die

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 25th May 2015, 02:14 AM
Post #3
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

Looking forward to this in a big, predictable, popcorn filler, cheesefest sort of way! Plus I find Dwayne one of the most likable and watchable actors out there right now.

+Quote this post
Jester
post 31st May 2015, 03:48 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Right in front of my salad?!
Pronouns: he/him
User: 12

Fantastic film - cheesy yes, awful acting mostly, but very entertaining!

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 6th June 2015, 09:37 AM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053

Really enjoyed this, action-packed!

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 9th June 2015, 04:18 PM
Post #6
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674

I was 100% more interested when it opened with "Style" playing on the car radio.

But it really surpassed my expectations. It was gripping and 'edge of your seat' a lot and the scale of it was amazing.

Kylie was fab in her scene and I'm glad her c*** of a brother got his comeuppance. I'm agreeing with Jonjo's post re; Dwayne a lot more having now seen this.

+Quote this post
Steve201
post 10th June 2015, 08:37 AM
Post #7
Group icon
Shakin Stevens
User: 5,138

This looks like a film that woulda been huge before CGI became huge in the late 90s round The Day After Tomorrow sort of time!

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 10th June 2015, 07:36 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376

as long as you are there for the ride it's fine, the effects are fine, the cast are fine (Dwayne is tolerable).

The plot is a rehash of every previous disaster movie and it has every cliche you might think, and you know what's going to happen soon as a scene starts, the crying child cowering amid disaster and what happens to the hero who stops to rescue her, one man's single-handed battle against every type of disaster imaginable, the dialogue. Sort of 2012 but much lesser. It also has a "happy ending" amidst the death of millions and the total destruction of a city and a nauseating final shot which made knock one off the rating. 5/10.

+Quote this post
Insomnio
post 15th October 2015, 09:04 AM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 10,742

"San Andreas" was released in cinemas over four months ago. It hit comfortably on top of my country’s Box Office but without making very large numbers. The fact is that my country faced a crisis and so did the cinematic world, which resulted in that not many films called the viewers attention. There were only a few exceptions, like Mad Max: Fury Road and Avengers: Age of Ultron. I had not seen the official trailer before, but reading a few lines about its case, I imagined that it'll be a very impressive film on the big screen!
After the San Andreas fault becomes active, which in the movie causes a 9.1 earthquake on the Richter scale in the region, a helicopter rescue pilot and his estranged wife will fly from Los Angeles to San Francisco to save their daughter. However, in their effort to reach her as soon as possible they will face very difficult situations that they will have to work out. The film has non-stop action from the first to the last minute. It has incredible visual and sound effects, elaborate montage, great cinematography and amazing scenes of destruction! The Canadian director Brad Peyton has done an excellent job even though the film contains many exaggerations and inaccuracies in terms of the intensity of the earthquake and tsunami. Nevertheless, he made sure to consult with experts on the subject and proposed the actors to play themselves in difficult scenes. The protagonist of the film is Dwayne Johnson, whose popularity has risen to high levels in recent years. The specific role required no special talent hypocritical although "The Rock" convinced me in some dramatic scenes. However, it wasn’t a film that was based on interpretations although the writer Carlton Cuse combined family relationships with survival. Furthermore, Carla Cugino was quite good as his co-star while in the remaining roles, the gorgeous Alexandra Daddario caused "earthquakes" herself. She has stunning eyes! "San Andreas" had also very nice photography, interesting plot and wonderful soundtrack by Andrew Lockington. Surely, the story didn’t avoid the familiar cliché type and melodrama. The latter began making strong presence in the last half hour of the film but the film is so spectacular that it overshadows every handicap.
"San Andreas" is definitely one of the most thrilling movies I've seen so far this year! See "Mad Max: Fury Road" one week before, I thought I would not see something better - or equally good - until the end of summer but "San Andreas" surpassed all my expectations. Maybe it received mixed reviews from professionals in the film industry but this did not affect large sections of the public who saw it at the cinema. It cost $110 million and it has earned more than four times its budget worldwide! So, you can realize that this is one of the most successful films of the year that will end up very high on the list of the biggest Box Office disaster movies! I suggest you watch it only on the big screen!

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd April 2024, 11:12 PM