BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Artist News
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Sarah Harding • TBA, 1st album
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Theonix
post 24th April 2013, 02:09 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BUY Phoenix on Amazon / STREAM Phoenix on Spotify
User: 8,661

Finally Sarah has announced that she has begun work on a solo album. No date has been set yet though. Here's a report from BBC Newsbeat:

Sarah Harding feels '200% better' after Girls Aloud split

Sarah Harding says she is "200% better" following the Girls Aloud split.

The singer made the comments while being unveiled as an ambassador for the military charity Coming Home, which aims to help rehabilitate and re-home wounded soldiers.

In 2011, the singer was treated for depression and alcohol addiction following a split from her ex-boyfriend, DJ Tom Crane.

But she said she is "ready and able" to move on with her life.

Sarah Harding talked about plans for her new album, which she says will be a mix of edgier pop and will be more mature.

The 31-year-old says she "likes to raise eyebrows" and is hoping to do so with her new album.

Writing

"I've been doing a lot of writing recently," she said. "I've got quite a lot to write about. I'm really looking forward to showing people what I've got.

"Again, I have a very eclectic taste in music, so for me it's finding a direction which I now seem to be finding quite well."

When asked what she has to write about, Sarah replied: "Let's not go there. Obviously it's been an interesting few years for me. So, there'll be stuff on there definitely."

Sarah Harding would not elaborate on her relationship with band member Nadine Coyle, who was reported to have been upset about the split of the band.

"I'm excited for the future and nervous," she admitted. "I'm hoping people are going to like what I do both for this charity and also for my music career and everything else that might be popping up along the way.

"It's an adventure. It's a new adventure and it's a new chapter."

Talan Skeels-Piggins (above) was injured 10 years ago and is paralysed from the waist down.

He has benefited from the Coming Home charity, which helped him with modifications to his home.

He said: "Providing you with the right accommodation is vital so that you can enjoy a great quality of life."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/22267523

I'm interested to hear what her 'sound' is - I imagine of the girls' albums, it'll be most alike Cinderella's Eyes, but however good it is, it probably won't be a success sad.gif

This post has been edited by THEO.: 24th April 2013, 02:09 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Yobnedor
post 25th April 2013, 08:15 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Perfectly Pop
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 3,033

If it's anything like Too Bad, I will be happy, but I don't hold out much hope for it to be good at all.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 25th April 2013, 08:20 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

I remember 'Too Bad' ohmy.gif I really liked it!

+Quote this post
Lukuzz
post 25th April 2013, 08:25 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Paradise With Ice Cream Skies♥
User: 1,209

Intrigued to see what she can come up with..

+Quote this post
Griff
post 25th April 2013, 08:26 PM
Post #5

If this isn't a hot mess album of epic proportions, then I will be very disappointed.

+Quote this post
Slick
post 25th April 2013, 08:45 PM
Post #6
Group icon
electric butterflies
Pronouns: he/him
User: 70

I'm pretty sure this will be some sort of fake pop-rock chick thing ala Amelia Lily with a less powerful voice.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 28th February 2014, 07:45 PM
Post #7
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
User: 13,530

She was one fifth of the biggest and most glamorous girl group in pop's history. But reflecting on her time with Girls Aloud, Sarah Harding has admitted that she was too thin.

Speaking to MailOnline, Sarah said: 'I was too skinny when I was with the girls, it was ageing.'

The 32-year-old has now adopted a much more healthy approach to her weight and, like many celebrities, has jumped on the juicing bandwagon.

'I've caught the juicing bug. I love being in the iamspamamispamwhoamspam and cooking and creating juices and smoothies every day.

'I love anything green and I make my own juices packed with kale, parsley, cucumber, courgettes, apples, plus spirulina and chlorella.

'If I want to fill myself up I will add ice and half an avocado. It looks gross, but it tastes great.'

The pop star loves juicing so much that she visits the Jason Vale juicing retreat twice a year. 'It's hard, we don't eat,' she said of her time there.

Despite her love of all things green, Sarah says that she eats plenty throughout the day and loves sweet treats.

Too thin: Sarah, pictured left with Nadine Coyle when the group first started out in 2004 and, right, in 2007, says her skinny look was 'ageing'

'I'm Irish, I love stodge! I'm a picker but I do try to steer clear of gluten because it bloats me, there's lots of great gluten-free alternatives though.

'I have a naughty cupboard at home with Skittles and Haribo from my fans who know I love them,' she said.

Sarah is on a mission to undo the years of late nights and has even signed up as an ambassador for anti-bacterial face wash, Faceb4.

The brand said Sarah was the perfect ambassador because she is so honest about her breakouts.

Speaking about her skin, Sarah said: ‘Travelling a lot doesn’t agree with my skin so I am obsessed with cleansing morning and night at the moment.

‘I am hooked on Faceb4, which I use before photo shoots because it removes the bacteria before applying cosmetics and keeps my skin healthy. It's also amazing after a heavy weekend!'

Aside from juicing and hitting the gym three times, Sarah is focusing on her hotly-anticipated solo career.

'I am so excited about my new music, it speaks volumes about my personality. I love writing songs but I find the recording process very monotonous and quite draining.

'I know it will be worth it in the end, it will be such an amazing sense of achievement and I hope it's well received; I'm my own worst critic.'

If there was one member of Girls Aloud who loved a good time, it was without a doubt Sarah.

But the notorious party girl says she's calmed down and now prefers to spend her evenings in a more conservative way.

'Me and my partner Mark are addicted to Breaking Bad. We watch three episodes a night and sit there munching away on popcorn together.'

Despite her cosy life with DJ Mark Foster, Sarah insists that she won't be following bandmate Kimberley Walsh and Nadine Coyles's footsteps by having a baby.

Speaking about Kimberley's pregnancy announcement, she said: 'I wasn't at all surprised, she's been with Justin for years and years but it won't be me next. I have a lot of boxes to tick before I start a family.'

Sarah is also playing an intimate gig at O2 Islington to showcase some of her original material!

Who knows when we'll get to hear any of it but I thought I might as well start a thread for it now.

+Quote this post
AdamAloud
post 28th February 2014, 08:06 PM
Post #8
Group icon
I was born 7 million years ago in Sweden, Africa
User: 11,955

Always my favourite Girl Aloud so looking forward to her solo stuff. Her St. Trinians tracks are brilliant.

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 1st March 2014, 12:30 AM
Post #9
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639

I'm sorry but juicing to me will always mean steroids?

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 1st March 2014, 12:33 AM
Post #10
Group icon

QUOTE(Michael! @ Mar 1 2014, 12:30 AM) *
I'm sorry but juicing to me will always mean steroids?

Well it doesn't here.

+Quote this post
inactiveaccount
post 1st March 2014, 10:06 AM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 1,030

Oooh she's playing at me work.

+Quote this post
Cameron
post 2nd March 2014, 05:56 PM
Post #12
Group icon
THE BLAZE *.*
User: 18,061

Sarah has one of the best voices in the group, so I will deffo be buying this

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 2nd March 2014, 06:42 PM
Post #13
Group icon

This album is gonna be full of MOMENTS.

Although probably not of this kind:

kink.gif

+Quote this post
Hayzayy
post 2nd March 2014, 07:37 PM
Post #14
Group icon
Who's Daniel btw ?
User: 1,804

I've been waiting for this for way too long now. And I think we're gonna have to wait some few months again, if it ever gets released.
I'm not quite sure the label is going to give her a real chance to be a success, so I guess it's all gonna be quite confidential but oh well, I want Sarah's music in my life.

+Quote this post
Theonix
post 3rd March 2014, 11:05 PM
Post #15
Group icon
BUY Phoenix on Amazon / STREAM Phoenix on Spotify
User: 8,661

Interesting! I'd definitely be interested in going to the live show, but in regards to commercial success, I don't think she'll be having any unfortunately.

+Quote this post
Coral5
post 4th March 2014, 04:50 AM
Post #16
Group icon
PTTP
User: 16,865

Get solo albums from my 2 favourite Girls Aloud members : Kimberley's solo in 2013 and future Sarah's realease. heart.gif

This post has been edited by AlexRange: 4th March 2014, 04:50 AM

+Quote this post
Lukuzz
post 4th March 2014, 09:41 AM
Post #17
Group icon
Paradise With Ice Cream Skies♥
User: 1,209

Looking forward to seeing what she comes up with, will be good to own at least 1 solo album from each girl!

+Quote this post
inactiveaccount
post 4th March 2014, 09:57 PM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 1,030

I'm officially guest listed for the event wub.gif

I cannot wait!

+Quote this post