BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
> -
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Chart Battle Predictions: Sunday 5th July, David Zowie, Fifth Harmony, Years & Years or someone else?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
#1 Contenders on Week Commencing 5th July
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 75
Guests cannot vote 
Ryan.
post Jun 29 2015, 03:08 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Members
Member No.: 12,608
   No Gallery Pics

What could be one of the most exciting chart weeks in recent years is nearly upon us as three massive new releases go head-to-head in a sprint race to #1 that last only 5 days! Let's have a look at the three main contenders:

David Zowie - House Every Weekend

• iTunes: David's biggest advantage over the competition at this stage is the pre-order advantage on iTunes. David has been comfortably top 100 for a couple of weeks now whereas Years & Years and Fifth Harmony have been bubbling under for the most part.
  • Spotify: David has been having a clear streaming advantage over on Spotify for a while now, however Fifth Harmony have just taken that advantage away from him - more on that in a moment.
  • Airplay: David has had the least airplay of the three big contenders according to Compare My Radio, but that airplay is spread over a number of stations and has therefore reached a wider audience.
  • Other: David arguably has the smallest UK fanbase being a brand new artist, and the song is the least chart-friendly of the contenders.
Fifth Harmony feat. Kid Ink - Worth It

• iTunes: Fifth Harmony have been the most consistent contender on pre-orders and have spent the last couple of months in the top 400 however haven't managed to reach the recent heights of the other two contenders but are still very close to the top 100.
  • Spotify: Despite only being released a week ago, Fifth Harmony have managed to storm into the top 30 on Spotify and have even taken over David Zowie today. If their progress continues, they could already be in the top 15 by the time the iTunes release arrives next Sunday.
  • Airplay: Fifth Harmony have more airplay than David Zowie plays-wise, but less than Years & Years. However Fifth Harmony are disadvantaged here as the overwhelming majority of their plays have come from Capital, with Radio 1 picking the song up late. Therefore their song has been played to the least wide audience but are best placed to gain momentum in the next couple of weeks as Radio 1 move it up their playlist.
  • Other: Worth It is arguably the most chart-friendly song here, with similarities to previous major hits Talk Dirty and Problem. Fifth Harmony do have a massive international fanbase, and seemingly a very solid fanbase in the UK too.
Years & Years - Shine

• iTunes: Years & Years had a slow start to pre-orders but have picked up speed in the last couple of weeks and find themselves at the bottom end of the top 100.
  • Spotify: As far as I'm aware this isn't yet on Spotify and this could be a massive disadvantage not just because of David and Fifth Harmony's streaming success but because there is only 5 days in this chart week for streaming momentum to build.
  • Airplay: Years & Years win this category with the most radio plays from various radio stations, so should their pre-order be doing better considering this situation?
  • Other: Years & Years are the only artist with previous major UK chart success and arguably have the biggest UK fanbase, the song is very radio-friendly also.
I've also included this week's top 3 in the poll in case you believe that one of them will hold off all of the new contenders. Nathan Sykes and Petite Meller are also looking to score top 20 hits next week but it is very unlikely either will be in #1 contention.

Remember next week's chart only lasts 5 days, so there is less time for momentum on Spotify or iTunes to be gained. Could this benefit Fifth Harmony's modest but very active fanbase or maybe Years & Years due to being the most well known name. Or maybe David Zowie due to the iTunes headstart he is looking like to achieve?

It's all to play for, but who will come out on top?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Jun 29 2015, 03:17 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 12,608
   No Gallery Pics

At this stage it's almost too close to call but if I have to choose I'd think it'd be David Zowie. Overall he's having the most success on iTunes and Spotify and it'd be unusual for a pre-order in touching distance of the top 50 to not go to #1!

Of course I want Fifth Harmony to be #1 but I'd rather Years & Years over David Zowie if that can't happen.

+Quote Post
seven.
post Jun 29 2015, 03:29 PM
Post #3
i can only do one normal thing a day
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 14,428
   No Gallery Pics

#1 Worth It
#2-4 House Every Weekend
#5 Shine

It's basically inevitable isn't it sad.gif David Zowie could reach #2 but may be overtaken by LF/Tinie by the end of the week. Shine is doing quite well by the looks of things so hopefully it'll go Top 5 and manage a nice run

+Quote Post
UltraCruelSummer
post Jun 29 2015, 03:30 PM
Post #4
It's a cruel summer.
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 20,947

Think David zowie
Want petite Meller (but that won't happen so fifth harmony or Rita)

+Quote Post
Rush
post Jun 29 2015, 03:35 PM
Post #5
wayback machine gif rescuer
Member No.: 18,564
   No Gallery Pics

Prediction:

1. Lost Frequencies
2. Fifth Harmony
3. David Zowie
4. Tinie Tempah
5. Years & Years but I could see it being a bit lower

Should be close though, very unpredictable and thus very interesting. I'm not sure who I'd like most, I suppose 'Worth It' even though it doesn't feel like it should be big enough to be #1.

+Quote Post
TNSEL AND WIRED™
post Jun 29 2015, 03:35 PM
Post #6
controversial biege i mean relic of buzzjack
Member No.: 21,005

Think: David
Want: LF

Wouldn't mind 5H getting #1 though. Poison isn't that good so would like it further down than the others. Y&Y song is great, but I think someone else should have a turn for #1 success biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
T83:Y96
post Jun 29 2015, 03:44 PM
Post #7
My mother said, to get things done, you better not mess with Maj
Member No.: 21,319
   No Gallery Pics

I really really really want Shine to be number one, but I think that's going to be House Every Weekend. As long as Shine does better than Glow, I'm happy.

+Quote Post
danG
post Jun 29 2015, 03:51 PM
Post #8
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

THINK: Fifth Harmony - Worth It (feat. Kid Ink)
WANT: David Zowie - House Every Weekend

both are great though so wouldn't mind either way. Anywhere in the top 3 would be really amazing for David Zowie anyway. I think having more airplay plus their already built up streams will secure their #1.

Years & Years top 5.

+Quote Post
Envoirment
post Jun 29 2015, 03:52 PM
Post #9
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 10,030
   No Gallery Pics

Think it's going to be very close between Fifth Harmony & David Zowie. Fifth Harmony just overtook him on Spotify, but he's getting more pre-orders (although not too much more). Really hoping Fifth Harmony can get to #1!

+Quote Post
Marty
post Jun 29 2015, 04:07 PM
Post #10
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 20,128
   No Gallery Pics

Shine is a great song, deserves to be a big success.
Can't be doing with Rita Ora or the Worth It twaddle :0)

+Quote Post
Chez Wombat
post Jun 29 2015, 04:19 PM
Post #11
The owls are not what they seem
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

I think there's still a chance Lost Frequencies will get it, they'll get there on iTunes this week easily and likely officially too which will start giving them a boost, a bit like Cheerleader got when it finally got there after being held behind See You Again for so long. David Zowie and Fifth Harmony will be right behind it, they'll switch around a lot in the week I'm sure. Years and Years will be #3 at best I think.

That said, given the 5 day chart week, I am inclined to say Fifth Harmony as the other two will probably be a lot more reliant on streaming. Not that great a song so I'd rather it didn't tbh~

A potential David Zowie/Lost Frequencies top 2 tho - ~sick~ deep house is back music.gif

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Jun 29 2015, 04:51 PM
Post #12
Brown cow, stunning!
Member No.: 10,139

It'll probably be a horrific top 2 of House Every Weekend and Are You With Me in some order, both absolute horrors. Worth It is my preferred #1, that could do it but I'm not sure it will quite get there. Definite top 5 though. I'm thinking Shine with be Years & Years' Glow - follow up to a big #1 that fails to make the same mark - so around #5-#7 I'd say for that.

+Quote Post
Griff
post Jun 29 2015, 04:55 PM
Post #13
Guests

David Zowie? Do they make up names for the chart these days?

+Quote Post
Tafty³³³
post Jun 29 2015, 05:01 PM
Post #14
I found the love, I found the love in me
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 5,042

Think & Want Fifth Harmony! I think the fact that they've charted this week on streams alone is testament to how popular the track is going to be. I think David could very well be number 1, but right now, I think it's 5H's to lose. I also think that with it being a 5-day week instead will push it in their favour.

Adore 'Shine' so if that could cause some sort of upset, I wouldn't be surprised! I think we could be looking at all new top 3 though which will be good! wub.gif

+Quote Post
LewisGT
post Jun 29 2015, 05:03 PM
Post #15
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 18,293
   No Gallery Pics

Think: David Zowie
Want: Fifth Harmony

Worth It is one of my favourites of the year but apart from Years & Years I wouldn't mind any of the other contenders.

+Quote Post
Heathyheath_
post Jun 29 2015, 05:14 PM
Post #16
BuzzJack Climber
Member No.: 21,710
   No Gallery Pics

I'd love Years and Years to get the number one spot but I have a feeling Fifth Harmony have pretty much got it sewn up with David Zowie being the closest contender. There's just something about Worth It that screams number one to me, even though it's not personally something I'm keen on.

+Quote Post
Roba.
post Jun 29 2015, 05:36 PM
Post #17
Rob aah
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 3,804
   No Gallery Pics

The only one I haven't heard is David Zowie yet but I'm positive that or FH will secure the top 2, predicting FH for the #1 as they look to have the upper hand on streaming.

Want - Years and Years or Petite Meller (which should be at least top 10 as it's such a great song sad.gif but unfortunately pre order's don't seem promising for even that)

+Quote Post
Red.
post Jun 29 2015, 05:37 PM
Post #18
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 18,643
   No Gallery Pics

Think and want. HOUSE EVERY WEEKEND biggrin.gif

Worth It a very worthy #2 though!

+Quote Post
Seinfeld
post Jun 29 2015, 06:36 PM
Post #19
Is anyone here a marine biologist?
Member No.: 10,505
   No Gallery Pics

I wouldn't mind Fifth Harmony getting to #1, even if it's just to see Little Mix knock them off the following week. kink.gif

+Quote Post
James1987
post Jun 29 2015, 06:58 PM
Post #20
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 19,531

I want Petite Meller to have a shock number one but its never going to happen

I really want to see the first proper dance number one of 2015 so I'd be so happy if David Zowie could do it but I fear Fifth Harmony could do it sad.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:19 PM