Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: One Direction: The Rate 2015 - RESULTS
BuzzJack Music Forum > Artist Forums > View All Artists > One Direction and Solo
Pages: 1, 2
JosephStyles

11 of you voted, and now it is time for the results. What will come out on top? What will flop?

PREDICTIONS PLEASE
AdamAloud
Excuse me, but every song in this goddamn rate has Zayn's vocals on. Can we not with THAT picture x

AdamAloud
I imagine 'What Makes You Beautiful will win but I would quite like to see something else take the crown.
JosephStyles
This is a One Direction rate. Zayn is not in One Direction happy.gif
AdamAloud
QUOTE(JosephStyles @ Jul 2 2015, 06:07 PM) *
This is a One Direction rate. Zayn is not in One Direction happy.gif

JosephStyles
71 5.67 Loved You First
72 5.58 Irresistible
73 5.32 Gotta Be You
74 4.45 Once in a Lifetime

The big flops come first, with three bonus tracks and ONE SINGLE!!!11! out in the first four tracks. Gotta Be You was the boys' second single and made #3 in the charts, but is their lowest selling top 10 single and second lowest selling overall, only ahead of Midnight Memories (to my knowledge). The others are forgettable bonus tracks x
Jay ☆
Irresistible is so underrated. It's such a pretty song. sad.gif
JosephStyles
61 6.86 I Want
62 6.81 Why Don't We Go There
63 6.77 I Wish (more 9.5s)
64 6.77 Same Mistakes
65 6.75 Nobody Compares
66 6.59 Something Great
67 6.25 Magic
68 6.00 Still the One
69 5.95 She's Not Afraid
70 5.70 Truly Madly Deeply

Another batch now, with the last two Take Me Home Japanese bonus tracks falling out at #67 and #70. The last three deluxe Take Me Home tracks also fall out in this section, despite not a single standard album track being lost yet! Perhaps surprisingly, I Want falls out at #61. The track was penned by Tom from McFly for 1D's debut album and I thought it had more love than this ohmy.gif
Jay ☆
drama.gif It's one of the better tracks from UAN!!
J▲hq
Nobody Compares, forever underrated sad.gif Ditto Same Mistakes (someone gave 9.5 to I Wish though?!)

I Want not even top 60 ;o It was one of my immediate favourites from the debut, but it hasn't aged greatly for me. The McFly penned tracks that we've had since then have been a lot lot better.
AdamAloud
For a moment I thought 'I Want' said 'I Would' and I was about to go f***ing ape on you all.

'She's Not Afraid' forever underrated though sad.gif
JosephStyles
51 7.32 Fool's Gold (more 10s)
52 7.32 Right Now
53 7.20 Na Na Na
54 7.19 Alive
55 7.11 Forever Young
56 7.05 Illusion
57 7.00 I Should Have Kissed You (more 10s)
58 7.00 Tell Me a Lie
59 6.95 Save You Tonight (more 10s)
60 6.95 Everything About You

We lose two of the three b-sides in this section, as One Thing's b-side ends up at 57th and What Makes You Beautiful's b-side is at #53. Also in this section is what would have been the boys' debut single had they won The X Factor! Forever Young leaked following the show and features vocals from Liam, Harry and Niall, the latter of which is possibly a surprise to newer fans especially as Zayn's vocals played such a key part in their sound in the end.
J▲hq
Everything About You appears overrated, it's v catchy. Save You Tonight meanwhile is very average / bland to be and so is Na Na Na, that one seems like such a lazy song. Too high.
Maurice!
Shame about I Want being so low and also Right Now being so low one of the best songs Zayn has a lead vocal on.
SamJudd
Now big shocks so far, but thought that "Fool's Gold" and "Same Mistakes" would have done better, but oh well just goes to show how strong their back catalogue is.
JosephStyles
41 7.64 Midnight Memories
42 7.61 Half a Heart
43 7.59 No Control (more 9s)
44 7.59 Girl Almighty
45 7.50 Clouds
46 7.45 One Way or Another (Teenage Kicks) (more 10s)
47 7.45 Spaces
48 7.45 Better Than Words (more 9.5s)
49 7.45 Stand Up
50 7.35 Summer Love

Into the top 50 now and we lose two more singles! The boys' Comic Relief single, a mash-up of songs One Way or Another and Teenage Kicks, was a UK #1 single but only manages #46 in this rate. It's beaten by the #39 "hit" Midnight Memories, which is the lowest charting and lowest selling One Direction single to date. It manages #41 here.
Maurice!
No Control is clearly not the favourite here as it is in the fandom.
Jay ☆
No Control is too low sad.gif Clouds, OWOA and BTW should be higher as well!
J▲hq
Midnight Memories being so high and beating the likes of No Control, Clouds, Spaces, Stand Up.. I genuinely CAN NOT
SamJudd
I thought that "No Control" would have done better than this, especially as the fan base is trying to push it as a single. Great track and would have been a brilliant single if it followed "Where Do Broken Hearts Go" and the full line up were still together.
JosephStyles
31 8.10 Change Your Ticket
32 8.05 Diana (more 10s)
33 8.05 Back For You
34 7.95 Last First Kiss
35 7.91 Taken
36 7.89 Act My Age
37 7.88 Does He Know?
38 7.77 Change My Mind
39 7.73 Over Again
40 7.65 Through the Dark

Apologies for the delay since the last set of results, my external hard drive had some difficulties which meant I had to spend 2 days retrieving files! It's all fixed and back to normal now thankfully.

Diana thankfully drops out in this section but is CRIMINALLY ahead of amazing ballads Taken and Over Again sad.gif You people are MAD.
AdamAloud
'Change Your Ticket' so LOW

Maurice!
QUOTE(AdamAloud @ Jul 12 2015, 08:42 PM) *
'Act My Age' so LOW

Fixed teresa.gif
SamJudd
Diana and Taken are far too low, especially Taken which seems very underrated on here
Maurice!
I'm not a big Diana fan if I'm honest. I don't get why it's still on the OTRA setlist why some amazing songs from Four still don't get added.
JosephStyles
Diana is THE most overrated 1D track.
AdamAloud
JosephStyles is THE most overrated 1D mod.
JosephStyles
Maurice!
QUOTE(JosephStyles @ Jul 12 2015, 11:24 PM) *

True x
J▲hq
QUOTE(JosephStyles @ Jul 12 2015, 10:24 PM) *

QUOTE(AdamAloud @ Jul 12 2015, 10:29 PM) *
JosephStyles is THE most overrated 1D mod.

Guys, guys, don't argue. You're both correct x

'Act My Age' slayed (relative to my expectations and some of the tracks it beat out) heart.gif
Jay ☆
Little Black Dress is Top 30 ohmy.gif love.gif

Diana is very good, goodbye Josephine and Maurisa x
JosephStyles
21 8.35 Moments
22 8.32 18
23 8.27 Up All Night
24 8.23 Stockholm Syndrome (more 11s)
25 8.23 You & I (more 10s)
26 8.23 Little Things
27 8.20 Little White Lies
28 8.18 Strong
29 8.15 Heart Attack
30 8.14 Little Black Dress

Jay possibly speaks too soon as Little Black Dress has only JUST edged its way into the top 30. Somehow. We lose two more singles here, with 1D's second #1 single Little Things out in 26th, losing a three-way tie to #19 hit You & I, and the marmite track Stockholm Syndrome. Although the fact it's marmite is quite insulting, it's blatantly one of their best non-singles you whores x
Maurice!
With all the stanning on here I expected Stockholm Symdrome in the top 10 lol.
JosephStyles
If it were a Love Chart then I think it would be, but its haters are taken into account here too drama.gif
AdamAloud
'Up All Night' beating 'Stockholm Syndrome' sick2.gif
Jay ☆
Can we start again? Can we ban Jak, Calum & Bal from taking part next time? unsure.gif

EIGHTEEN IS AHEAD OF STOCKHOLM SYNDROME, WHAT. I'VE WRITTEN EIGHTEEN AS A WORD RATHER THAN THE NUMBER SO IT LOOKS LIKE I'M SHOUTING IT. ROAR.
J▲hq
QUOTE(Juicy Jay ジ @ Jul 14 2015, 11:13 AM) *
Diana is very good, goodbye Josephine and Maurisa x

Nope x Goodbye Jay, I like to think you're outnumbered here x

18 ahead of Stockholm Syndrome wub.gif
Jay ☆
I just hope the concert we go to makes you change your mind about certain songs! sob.gif ny2
HauntedHaus
'18' ahead of 'Stockholm Syndrome' wub.gif stunning song. As is 'You & I' of course and that's far too low cry.gif
JosephStyles
11 9.00 Don't Forget Where You Belong
12 8.95 Fireproof
13 8.82 Stole My Heart
14 8.68 Kiss You (more 10s)
15 8.68 Happily
16 8.55 Rock Me
17 8.50 Another World (more 9.5s)
18 8.50 More Than This
19 8.45 C'mon, C'mon
20 8.36 One Thing

Moving up to the top 10 now, but just missing out, we see another couple of singles, both of which were actually the third single from their respective albums and both made it to #9 in the chart! One Thing is at #20, with Kiss You just about making it to #14 on a tiebreak. Australian-only (happy.gif) single More Than This also falls out here, losing a tie-break with b-side Another World, the highest b-side of the countdown by quite a way. Don't Forget Where You Belong actually loses out on a top 10 place by a tiebreak too, more on that in the next section!
Jonjo
'Kiss You' 12 places too low!

I'm done with this countdown tbh.
AdamAloud
'They Don't Know About Us' in the top 10 is the only saving grace for this rate. The ONLY ONE.
Jay ☆
'Kiss You' only 14th, lmao ok BuzzJack :')
Maurice!
One Thing and Don't Forget Where You Belong are way too low dry.gif
JosephStyles
6 9.27 They Don't Know About Us
7 9.18 I Would (more 11s)
8 9.18 Steal My Girl
9 9.14 Ready to Run
10 9.00 Night Changes (more 10s)

Racing to the top 5 now, both FOUR singles drop out in this section as Night Changes only JUST makes the top 10 by winning its tie ohmy.gif Steal My Girl loses its tie but still manages a respectable 8th.

The top 5:

Best Song Ever
Live While We're Young
Story of My Life
What Makes You Beautiful
Where Do Broken Hearts Go

PREDICTIONS PLEASE
J▲hq
QUOTE(JosephStyles @ Jul 15 2015, 03:20 PM) *
14 8.68 Kiss You (more 10s)
15 8.68 Happily

I obviously rated "Kiss You" too high (o )!

"Where Do Broken Hearts Go" the highest song from "Four", really?!! I don't think "Live While We're Young" is anywhere near top 5 worthy either, I see it as kinda basic and a weak attempt at trying to re-create "What Makes You Beautiful", albeit not one I'd skip.
SamJudd
Such a perfect top 5, so glad that "Where Do Broken Hearts Go" made it that far, also glad to see "Night Changes" in the top 10 and also thought "Kiss You" would be higher, maybe people are getting sick of it now.
JosephStyles
3 9.41 Story of My Life (more 11s)
4 9.41 Live While We're Young
5 9.32 Where Do Broken Hearts Go

So the highest FOUR track of the countdown and indeed the highest album track at all ends up at #5, with the highest Take Me Home track at #4. Where Do Broken Hearts Go was performed on the final of The X Factor last year, prompting rumours of it being single #3, although nothing surfaced as eventually Zayn left the group. Live While We're Young was released as the first single from the boys' second album and underperformed based on expectations in the chart at first, although eventually it managed a decent chart run and sold over 300k. Finally, the second biggest One Direction hit, Story of My Life, misses out on the top 3 only just, with #2 just 0.04 ahead of it with its average!

BEST SONG EVER vs. WHAT MAKES YOU BEAUTIFUL
J▲hq
Well at least the two tracks I singled out as not deserving the top 5 are first to fall in the top 5 (and in the right order) drink.gif
Jay ☆
SOML should have won! Oh well... Best Song Ever for the win! ohmy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.