BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ROUND 6: Least Favourite Harry Potter Movie, I'm going to kill you, Harry Potter. I'm going to destroy you.
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
ROUND 6
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 33
Guests cannot vote 
*Tim
post Aug 30 2015, 05:56 PM
Post #1
Bitch of t seet
Group: Members
Member No.: 16,660

Just missing out on a top 3 placing is The Goblet Of Fire!

Summary: Contains spoilers, but y'know you shouldn't even be voting or be proud if you haven't seen them all
14-year-old Harry Potter dreams of Frank Bryce, who is killed after overhearing Lord Voldemort discussing plans with Peter "Wormtail" Pettigrew and Barty Crouch Jr. At the Quidditch World Cup, Death Eaters terrorise the spectators, and Crouch Jr. summons the Dark Mark, otherwise known as the curse "Morsmordre".
Later at Hogwarts, Albus Dumbledore introduces ex-Auror Alastor "Mad-Eye" Moody as the new Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher. He also announces that the school will host the Triwizard Tournament where three magical schools are going to compete against each other in a very deadly competition by facing three dangerous challenges. The champions are selected by the Goblet of Fire: Cedric Diggory of Hufflepuff is chosen to represent Hogwarts, Viktor Krum will represent Durmstrang Institute, and Fleur Delacour will represent Beauxbatons Academy of Magic. The Goblet unexpectedly chooses a fourth champion: Harry Potter. Dumbfounded, Dumbledore is unable to pull the underage Harry out of the tournament, as the Ministry official Barty Crouch, Sr. insists that the champions are bound by a contract, and therefore, Harry is forced to compete. This makes Harry's best friend Ron Weasley and other mates of Gryffindor jealous of Harry.

For the tournament's first task, the champions must each retrieve a golden egg guarded by a dragon. Harry, succeeds after he summons his broomstick to retrieve the egg, which contains information about the second challenge. Shortly after, another event called the Yule Ball takes place, during which Harry's crush Cho Chang attends with Cedric, and Hermione Granger attends with Viktor, which makes Ron jealous. During the second task, the champions are instructed to dive underwater to rescue their mates; Harry comes out last but is placed second behind Cedric due to his 'moral fiber'. Afterwards, Barty Crouch Sr. is found dead by Harry.
In the third and final task, the competitors are placed inside a hedge maze and must reach the Triwizard Cup. Viktor, under the Imperius curse, incapacitates Fleur. After Harry saves Cedric when the maze attacks him, the two claim a draw and grab the cup together, which turns out to be a Portkey and transports the two to a graveyard, where Wormtail and Voldemort are waiting. Wormtail kills Cedric with the Killing Curse and performs a ritual using a bone of Voldemort's father, Wormtail's flesh and Harry's blood, which rejuvenates Voldemort, who then summons the Death Eaters.

Voldemort releases Harry in order to beat him in a duel to prove he is the better wizard. Harry is unable to defend himself, but tries the Expelliarmus charm at the same moment Voldemort attempts the Killing Curse. Their wands cannot work against each other (as they both contain a feather from the same phoenix, Fawkes), so Voldemort's wand is forced to disgorge the last spells it performed. This results in shadow impressions of the people he murdered appearing in the graveyard, including Harry's parents and Cedric. This provides an ample distraction to Voldemort and his Death Eaters, allowing Harry to escape with Cedric's body.

Upon his return, Harry tells Dumbledore that Voldemort has returned and is responsible for Cedric's death. Hogwarts grieves for Cedric. Mad-Eye takes Harry back to his room, locks the door and reveals it was he who put Harry's name in the Goblet, cursed Viktor and was responsible for all the things gone wrong and tries to attack Harry. Dumbledore, Severus Snape, and Minerva McGonagall break down his door and force him to drink a truth telling potion. It's also revealed that he is not "Mad-Eye" Moody; the real one is imprisoned in a magical trunk. The false Mad-Eye's Polyjuice Potion wears off and he is revealed as Barty Crouch Jr., working for Voldemort. Crouch Jr. is sent back to Azkaban prison, from which he had escaped.
Soon after, Hogwarts, Durmstrang and Beauxbatons gather to say farewell to Cedric.

4th: Harry Potter and The Goblet Of Fire 12 votes | 33.33%
5th: Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part I 17 votes | 41.66%
6th: Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets 15 votes/36.59%
7th: Harry Potter and The Philosopher Stone 10 votes/24.39% | 16 votes/59.26% in TIEBREAKER
8th: Harry Potter and The Half-Blood Prince 10 votes/27.03%
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
*Tim
post Aug 30 2015, 05:57 PM
Post #2
Bitch of t seet

Soz it took a lil longer than expected but I found a thing called life, idk either.

Anyways I'm voting Azkaban again! Goblet Of Fire deserved top 3, it is in my top 3 along with DH2 and OOTF

+Quote Post
Mack.
post Aug 30 2015, 05:58 PM
Post #3
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,915
   No Gallery Pics

Out of three, the least favourite would be Azkaban.

+Quote Post
Tafty³³³
post Aug 30 2015, 06:09 PM
Post #4
I found the love, I found the love in me
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 5,042

'Phoenix'. It's a shame 'Goblet...' couldn't out perform that here, as that's in my personal top 3 with 'Azkaban' and 'Hallows (P2)'. But I'm not too displeased with having it at #4, especially as I thought Azkaban was going to be a gonna! (Thankfully not!)

+Quote Post
TNSEL AND WIRED™
post Aug 30 2015, 06:54 PM
Post #5
controversial biege i mean relic of buzzjack
Member No.: 21,005

Not really my top 3 apart from DH (spoilers) so went for Askaban again.

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Aug 30 2015, 06:54 PM
Post #6
Radical Pink Troll
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

Goblet of Fire>>>>>>the others>>>>>>>Prisoner of Azkaban

+Quote Post
UltraCruelSummer
post Aug 30 2015, 07:52 PM
Post #7
It's a cruel summer.
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 20,947

Azkaban again!

+Quote Post
Botchia
post Aug 30 2015, 10:04 PM
Post #8
I Drink Wine
Member No.: 21,753
   No Gallery Pics

Azkaban needs to go to leave the perfect final 2! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cody Scobell
post Aug 30 2015, 11:52 PM
Post #9
Cause if looks could kill, we wouldn’t want to be Dan Humphrey
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

This is a good final three. I'm happy.

+Quote Post
J❄️hq
post Aug 31 2015, 10:04 AM
Post #10
my anxiety attacks
Member No.: 8,674

Wait what?! 'Goblet of Fire' didn't look in much danger last time I saw the poll compared with Phoenix and Azkaban. What an awful turn dry.gif

+Quote Post
*Tim
post Sep 3 2015, 05:56 PM
Post #11
Bitch of t seet

Casually bumping this ahead of its closure this sunday bye

+Quote Post
dhwe
post Sep 4 2015, 02:42 PM
Post #12
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 21,384

My top three somehow squeezing through after PoA was in danger every round ohmy.gif

Went for OotP this round.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:07 PM