BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Artist News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Rihanna on the cover of the new NME magazine
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
AdamAloud
post Sep 17 2015, 11:48 AM
Post #1
Group icon
I was born 7 million years ago in Sweden, Africa
User: 11,955

Here's a preview on her talking about Taylor Swift

Hopefully lots of tea will be spilt.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
*Tim
post Sep 17 2015, 04:16 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Bitch of t seet
User: 16,660
The irony of her wearing a tshirt that says 'free' when she is all but free regarding her alberm right now...

+Quote this post
*Tim
post Sep 18 2015, 03:43 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Bitch of t seet
User: 16,660
“It’s not done!” Rihanna chortles. By now she’s curled up on a sofa and draped in an oversized green bomber jacket. “To me it’s never done until it’s done. “Until the final moment.”

So her eighth album proper doesn’t yet have a tracklisting (“I have so many songs I love – and they’re so different – that it’s hard to actually put them all on the same album”) but Rihanna does talk about key tracks: ‘Just Feel It’, ‘Higher’ (with its Amy Winehouse-inspired production, this is her favourite of the lot) and ‘Love On The Brain’, which she’d been intending to perform at this year’s Brit Awards; she pulled out due to illness, and the song remains as-yet unheard.

And there’s no title yet – Rihanna’s whittled it down to two, but acknowledges that fans will probably always call it ‘R8’, the name they’ve given it in the absence of concrete information. “No matter what I post online, within three comments there’s somebody saying, ‘Where is R8?’” She cackles. “I could post anything. Nothing else matters. They don’t care about anything but that.”

Rihanna says she’s keen for the rumoured joint tour with Kanye to go ahead, but reserves her greatest praise for collaborator Charli XCX – “one of the coolest girls I’ve ever met” – whose work may yet appear on ‘R8’. “Charli’s just completely cool, so secure and non-calculating, and completely unaware of her surroundings,” she states. It seems Rihanna might have found a kindred spirit. “She’s just so free,” she adds. “It’s pure. I love it. I love her.”

Rihanna left Barbados for New York before the cadets could kick her out; Jay-Z signed Rihanna the day he met her. Ten years down the line, Rihanna’s ambition for her next album is that it works, in the way some of her previous releases haven’t, like a ‘proper’ album. “It’s easy to make an album full of great songs,” is how she puts it, and that’s a fair point: as well as being fashion’s most exciting muse, Rihanna is now also the ultimate muse for the planet’s greatest songwriters and producers. “But I want people to go for the ride. The songs have to make sense together."

She smiles when NME points out that the three singles so far – ‘American Oxygen’, ‘Four Five Seconds’, ‘Bitch Better Have My Money’ – are wildly diverse. “I know,” she says. “I know!” And then she laughs uproariously. Rihanna’s impossible-to-second-guessness is all very well, but this just feels like trolling. She giggles. “Maybe a little bit.” Then she laughs again. “But I love what I love, and these songs each have their own demeanour, and the videos reflects the character of each song. I want every video to take you on a different journey. A different ride.”

http://www.nme.com/features/rihanna-world-...G5THDYWjfhYA.99

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 03:13 PM