BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Israel · Eurovision Song Contest 2016, Hovi Star - Made Of Stars
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Ryan.
post 19th November 2015, 12:21 AM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 12,608

Israel
Hovi Star - Made Of Stars

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post 19th November 2015, 12:21 AM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Following the success of Nadav Guedj in 2015, Israel will once again be using their "The Rising Star" selection show to select their artist for Stockholm. This year they have even reportedly renamed the show "The Rising Star for Eurovision"!

'Golden Boy' was fantastic and was incredible on stage in Vienna, I'm looking forward to seeing if they can string a run of successful entries again after a number of unlucky/unfair DNQs in recent years.

+Quote this post
AdamAloud
post 19th November 2015, 09:56 AM
Post #3
Group icon
I was born 7 million years ago in Sweden, Africa
User: 11,955

Israel have been in my top 3 for the past 2 years so I'm hoping to be slayed yet again *.*

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post 29th February 2016, 01:22 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

From Wiwibloggs:

Eventually 3 songs were picked:
1. “Made of Stars” – lyrics & music: Doron Medalie, who also wrote “Golden Boy”
2. “Follow The Sun” – lyrics & music: Stav Beger and Tom Gefen
3. “Somebody out there” – lyrics & music: David Maman and Philip Halloun

The finalists were given the option to choose which song they would like to perform in the final.

Hovi Star and Nofar Salman both chose the song “Made of stars” (Each artist will perform the song in a different musical arrangement). Gil Hadash chose the song “Follow The Sun”. Ella Daniel selected “Somebody out there“.

This national final is taking place on Thursday and the songs will be premiering tomorrow! All songs are all in English again I believe so it looks like Israel could be ditching Hebrew on a more permanent basis if it goes well again this year.

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post 1st March 2016, 10:39 AM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

The 4 songs are all in the link below in the order (the first song starts around 4 minutes into the video):

1. Ella Daniel - Somebody Out There
2. Gil Hadash - Follow The Sun
3. Hovi Star - Made Of Stars
4. Nofar Salman - Made Of Stars

Apparently it's a near guarantee Hovi or Nofar will win as they have been the most popular in previous episodes of the show, plus Made of Stars is by the composer behind Golden Boy. This is a massive shame as Ella's song is clearly the strongest with the most Eurovision potential, whereas I'm unconvinced either of the Made of Stars versions will get out of the semi. I also prefer Gil to both of the Made of Stars as well! sad.gif

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post 3rd March 2016, 12:00 AM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

TONIGHT'S NATIONAL FINAL...

ISRAEL
The Next Star For Eurovision

3rd March 2016
Begins at 7pm in the UK, 8pm in Central Europe and 9pm in Israel
The show is scheduled to last ???

Watch the selection via the official Mako TV webcast

Running Order
Click ♫ to listen to the studio versions of each song!

Round One - Cover Versions
01 | Ella Daniel - Happy (by Pharrell Williams)
versus
02 | Hovi Star - Stay With Me (by Sam Smith)

01 | Gil Hadash - The Show Must Go On (by Queen)
versus
02 | Nofar Salman - Mangina (by Eden Ben Zaken)

Round Two - Eurovision Entries
01 | Hovi Star - Made Of Stars
02 | Ella Daniel - Somebody Out There
03 | Nofar Salman - Made Of Stars

Eliminated in first round | Gil Hadash - Follow The Sun

Voting
There will be two rounds of voting, both of which will be primarily decided by televoting via a mobile app. The two acts with the most votes in their respective first round battles will immediately go through to the second round, with the jury choosing a third act from the remaining two artists. The second round of voting, which will follow the performances of the potential Eurovision entries by the remaining three contestants, will then decide the ultimate winner.

Potential Winners?
According to fan forums, the favourites for the win seem to be Nofar Salman and Hovi Star who both coincidentally have chosen the same song to perform for Eurovision albeit in different arrangements. It is worth remembering that this national final is effectively a talent show that has been airing for weeks and therefore these are the two acts who have built up the biggest fanbases. Gil Hadash is the outsider after receiving the wildcard to make it through to tonight's final.

Further details available at Eurovision.tv

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post 3rd March 2016, 07:24 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

This has begun, and I've edited a few more details into the post above!

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post 3rd March 2016, 08:19 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Hovi and Nofar won their respective duels, and Ella won the judges' wildcard. These three will now perform their Eurovision entries! The live app voting this show has is very exciting, although it does feel very unfair to those who perform first as their is more motivation for voters to vote when a target has been set.

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post 3rd March 2016, 09:09 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Hovi won by 1% over Nofar! Pretty much the worst choice for me, Somebody Out There was the best song but out of the two Made of Stars versions, at least Nofar offered something different in style to Hovi's generic version. That said, none of them would have got out of the semi.

Although I guess he was the best performer of the 3 on the night.

+Quote this post
AdamAloud
post 6th March 2016, 09:29 AM
Post #10
Group icon
I was born 7 million years ago in Sweden, Africa
User: 11,955

Hovi has recorded a version of 'Somebody Out There' and has submitted a formal request to sing that in Stockholm instead of 'Made Of Stars'.

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post 13th March 2016, 04:27 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Israel have been very busy at work in the past week and have come up with a music video and very sizeable revamp of Made of Stars!

What an improvement! The original was generic pop-rock that was so forgettable, but it has been transformed into quite a beautiful ballad with emotion! Amazing revamp, it's suddenly in with a (admittedly outside) chance of qualifying rather than being stuck in last place.

+Quote this post
Vülker
post 14th March 2016, 10:53 AM
Post #12
Group icon
üüü barracüda
User: 10,222

Well this is much better than the hot mess it was before. As it's the only stripped back piano-led ballad on SF2 (Dami's an over-produced power ballad) I can see it qualifying with ease.

+Quote this post
Jason
post 12th May 2016, 04:00 AM
Post #13
Group icon
I've been looking for a Lasting Lover
User: 3,149

QUOTE(Ryan. @ Mar 13 2016, 04:27 PM) *
Israel have been very busy at work in the past week and have come up with a music video and very sizeable revamp of Made of Stars!

What an improvement! The original was generic pop-rock that was so forgettable, but it has been transformed into quite a beautiful ballad with emotion! Amazing revamp, it's suddenly in with a (admittedly outside) chance of qualifying rather than being stuck in last place.

This new version is one of my sentimental faves! So beautiful! wub.gif
I think Israel could end up top 10 in the final night. Let's wait and see. happy.gif

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd April 2024, 11:04 PM