BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Least Favorite Disney Animated Classic Round 5, Hi Diddle-Dee-Dee (An Actor's Life For Me)
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Least Fave
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total votes: 16
Guests cannot vote 
Nina West
post 26th November 2015, 01:29 AM
Post #1
Group icon
We're all Glitter and Tears in the Moonlight...
User: 19,846

Welcome to Round 5 of Least Favourite Disney Animated Classics and as we lose another 4 features, there are still 36 left in the running. In the last round we say goodbye to 3 of the dark age Disney movies and 1 from the 00's.

First up is "The Black Cauldron" which gained the highest votes with 10, not a surprise considering it came close in the last round. "The Rescuers" also finally bows out, after the sequel got voted out in the last round, meaning both of them are now out. Then there's the brilliant "Basil The Great Mouse Detective" which saved the studio at the time, with 8 votes and finally "Treasure Planet" the infamous 2002 bomb which continued their struggle during that decade.

As for the others, quite a few came close to the chopping block, "Brother Bear", "Atlantis" and Winnie The Pooh" each gained 7 votes and"Bolt" got 5 votes

40th The Black Cauldron = 10 Votes

At #40 we the first of 2 infamous flops in this selection, "The Black Cauldron" which was released in 1985 and was critically panned and flopped at the box office, and was known as Disney's greatest shame, which didn't get a video release until the late 90's, but it has gained a cult following through the years. Is it as bad as it's made out, I'd have to say yes and no. Firstly the animation looks very dark and has that Lord Of The Rings feel, the main villain The Horned King was just brilliant, his design was excellent and he did create a perfect amount of menace, and of course voiced brilliantly by John Hurt. The negatives though, firstly I found the story a bit all over the place, and the main character wasn't very interesting, as was some of the other supporting cast. But overall it's an okay effort, not great just okay.

39th The Rescuers = 9 Votes

At #39 "The Rescuers" , which is an enjoyable effort and was the most successful Disney movie during the 70's. While I do like this one, I actually found the sequel much better and more interesting. But this one isn't bad though, it has likeable leads Bernard and Bianca who are both great and an interesting villain who steals the show Madame Medusa. The animation may not be the best, looking rather dark and murky by today's standards, this is still a strong effort that seems to split people down the middle.

=38th Basil The Great Mouse Detective = 8 Votes

At #38 is the brilliant "Basil The Great Mouse Detective", which I'd hoped would lasted a few more rounds longer, but anyway released a year after "TB", this set Disney studios back on track after their previous costly bomb. This has a more focused story that's rather interesting and really good animation, but like a lot of Disney movies it's the villain that steals the show Ratigan, voiced by the excellent Vincent Price, who had often cited that this was his favourite role of his career, and you can tell that he's having so much fun with it. A well paced plot, with some catchy songs and a brilliant third act with the London Clock Tower, was just simply amazing.

=38th Treasure Planet = 8 Votes

Finally at joint #38 position is "Treasure Planet", which has all the right ingredients, great animation, great voice work, good action set pieces, but doesn't quite mix gel and despite an interesting concept, it just kinda falls flat, and you kinda get the feeling that there were just too many cooks in the iamspamspamamiwith so many ideas, that they just decided to use them all and see what would stick. Overall just comes across as a confusing mess that had so much potential and could have been great if handled better.

Right then we are down to 36 movies, and this time I'm allowing you to just vote for 3, and the 3 with the most will be out by the next round, which will be on the weekend.

Results so far

=38th Treasure Planet = 8/8.70%
=38th Basil The Great Mouse Detective = 8/8.70%
39th The Rescuers = 9/9.78%
40th The Black Cauldron = 10/10.87%
=42nd The Rescuers Down Under = 8/7.21%
=42nd Oliver & Company = 8/7.21%
43rd The Many Adventures Of Winnie The Pooh = 9/8.11%
44th Meet The Robinsons = 17/15.31%
=46th Fantasia 2000 = 8/8.60%
=46th Chicken Little = 8/8.60%
47th Home On The Range = 9/9.68%
48th The Adventures Of Ichabod and Mr Toad = 10/10.75%
49th The Three Caberllos = 14/15.05%
50th Dinosaur = 8/6.96%
=53rd Fun & Fancy Free = 10/8.70%
=53rd Make Mine Music = 10/8.70%
=53rd Saludos Amigos = 10/8.70%
54th Melody Time = 11/9.57%

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Nina West
post 26th November 2015, 01:30 AM
Post #2
Group icon

Going for Atlantis, Brother Bear & Bolt

+Quote this post
Leonardo
post 26th November 2015, 02:16 AM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,502

Brother Bear, Bolt & Winnie The Pooh

+Quote this post
Spinning Adam
post 26th November 2015, 07:37 AM
Post #4
Group icon
Former iconic poster with no consistent posting style
Pronouns: Don't take em seriously tbh
User: 21,005

Aristocats, Brother Bear, Princess... and Winnie the Pooh

+Quote this post
Nina West
post 27th November 2015, 11:02 PM
Post #5
Group icon

Next round coming tomorrow afternoon

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 05:56 AM